All Topics / Heads Up! / Discussions concerning Jenman

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

Hey Dr X

I think Jenman is sure getting under yourskin.

It makes me larf to see the way some of the people on this forum try to find fault with Jenman. “He’s making money from controvesy. He’s making money from franchise. Oops, he doesn’t have a franchise. He must charge investors. But how? Maybe its from his boo ks.”

So, how does he make his money? It’s all about money, money, money. Yes it’s got to be about money because that’s how we think here – right Dr X???

I agree with Kay, Jenman is hilariously funny, but not nearly as funny as watching some of you climb the walls or tear your hair out over him.

Ha!

Leo

Profile photo of Oxygen FundingOxygen Funding
    @oxygen-funding

Personally, I’m curious as to how he’s managed to create a web site where he gets paid every time someone reads it?????

Get your money working for you instead of a bank! You could earn up to 3% PER MONTH on your money. Ask me how!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by kay henry:

X,

As for me, I think the guy is a person of high integrity- he’s also witheringly funny- refreshing in an industry where people can take themselves so seriously.

You know Kay I would have agreed with you until I saw what he wrote on a couple of wrappers I know and their client. I had met with the client as a broker on several occassions trying to help them into the property and Jenman’s sensationalistic slant was as distant as possible from the truth as I saw it – and I spent hours with these people trying to get them sorted out. They had a marvellous opportunity in front of them but it was gambling that saw them unable to get a loan to settle on a property 40% under market value. The wrappers did everything they could to get them into the place. That failed to get a mention.

In my whole time the wrappee always called the wrapper “my personal angel”. That never got a mention either.

I now see him as credible as current affairs programs we see in the early evening.

Not to say that there isn’t a place for balance and he certainly serves that role.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 75% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr
    Originally posted by grossrealisation:

hi melbdude26
    The best way to find out the difference is relatively easy go to neils site and ask him the same question that you have posted.
    You will get heaps of information go thru it and then read some of the treads on this site on the subjects he tells you and then make up your own mind as an informed investor.
    I look at this topic from the side lines as i’m not a wrapper and I don’t mind wrapping as it seems to fill a market which I wouldn’t get involved in but everyone has there vehicle and wrapping is one of those vehicle.
    If I was to give you an example it would be
    Dr.X,pelican and TMA in the commordore, neil in the ford at bathurst 5000 and me in the pits with the dodge viper and guessing which will get to being self funded by 65 the race is on.
    I’ll take the dodge viper and my wheels are already smoking and I’m half way out of the pits not sure how far down the track are the others and not sure if the others are in front or behind.
    all I know is mine is a finely tuned, heavyily weighted, highly fuel, investment machine so I have the luxury of watching the falcons and commordore nip and tuck each other.

here to help

Not to put the kybosh on you, but has the viper ever finished the race?

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hmmmm.

I like his supposed “Ethics” that he extolls at every opportunity. I just wish that REAs and JAs would use them (including the man himself).

I have never liked the attacks on the person, but would preffer the focus to be the habit/behaviour/attitude/etc. But you get that….

Like Redwing, I liked his book (Real Estate Mistakes), it helped me research the Hedland market and I must admit, using it successfully against 4 of the local REAs. Not very ethical of me, is it! I haven’t read the Sales side of the book as I’m not there, and may never get there – who knows….

….but if he advocates things like ‘Morality’ and ‘Ethics’ he is setting a bad example by posting these type of responses on his website, wouldn’t you agree? Reading the post (thanx Kay) I had a chuckle at his expense and felt sad for him. I wonder how his wife feels, being in the lime light next to such a controversial person? Or his kids?

Darren Hinch was like that, and look where he is now! Making adds for bowelmovement accessories. Sad really.

……again, you get that. How is the weather in QLD?

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Quote:
    Originally posted by TMA:

I think the idea is not attacking anyone’s personality directly but rather focusing on the ‘Jenman System’.

We all know the ‘System’ is a joke!

[purple]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Dear TMA,

1. Why do you say that if I may ask?

2. Thanks.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by Dr.X:

Hi Steve

OK, no more about Jenman on this forum, unfortunately he does not have the same respect for you or for anyone else who does wraps!!!!

You make money selling wraps which to him is unethical, he makes money selling controversy, THAT is his money making strategy,

HE SELLS CONTROVERSY

How could you discuss his strategies logically without getting angry!!!!

I would rather not discuss him at all, its a waste of time and I would rather focus on buying the next property (and wrapping it!!!!)

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Dear Dr X,

Simply because Jenman is “anti-wrapping” and you are “pro-wrapping”?

I heard and understand that WRAPPing is legally not allowed in certain Australian States but not all the Australian States. Can someone please tell which Australian States allows and which one does not, please?

3. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by kay henry:

X,

I hardly think this is abuse:

http://www.jenman.com/NewsQuestions1.php?id=177

And it’s published on his website, so there would be no point in anyone suggesting it be “taken to the media”- it’s already there for anyone to see.

Unfortunately, Steve, your post saying posts that degenrate Neil Jenman will be removed have, predictably, led to people degenerating Neil Jenman.

As for me, I think the guy is a person of high integrity- he’s also witheringly funny- refreshing in an industry where people can take themselves so seriously.

Thanks for posting the link to his website, X. Whilst people may criticise him, most people I know read his site- it’s good to keep up with what scams are going on. Jenman’s site and ASIC’s site are always a good read.

kay henry

I agree with what Kay has said in his post.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I am like Melbdude,and don’t really know what this is about.Is it just Jenman’s method of conducting his business that is of concern,or is it his system? I recently sold a property through a Jenman agent.The property was a problem child that I had listed with another agent for no result.I listed with a Jenman agent and it took quite some time,but they didn’t give up and eventually sold it for me.The advertising costs over that period would have been quite a pretty sum,which I paid no extra for,so for me it was a good result.But then I was dealing with a Jenman agent,not Jenman himself.

Tools

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by Tools:

I am like Melbdude,and don’t really know what this is about.Is it just Jenman’s method of conducting his business that is of concern,or is it his system? I recently sold a property through a Jenman agent.The property was a problem child that I had listed with another agent for no result.I listed with a Jenman agent and it took quite some time,but they didn’t give up and eventually sold it for me.The advertising costs over that period would have been quite a pretty sum,which I paid no extra for,so for me it was a good result.But then I was dealing with a Jenman agent,not Jenman himself.

Tools

Dear Tools,

1. To “balance” your views and put things in proper perspective, unfortunately, for me, I have a different experience, dealing with one of the supposedly “Jenman-endorsed” RE agencies, such that I have to take my property off their sale listings and then give it to another non-Jenman RE agency who evenutally sold off my property for a good price.

2. For your kind update, please.

3. Thank you

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of cruisercruiser
    Participant
    @cruiser

I agree with Kay and some others. Jenman’s commentaries are very entertaining and right on the money! What I think particularly hilarious is that the post which kicked off this thread, although ostensibly written as a high moral ground post, actually commits the very sin that it rails against:
    “In short, while Neil sees fit to unfairly attack people’s character to promote his business, I won’t allow the same to happen here for risk of being on the same low footing.”
    Well done, Steve! How to get a free kick and appear to maintain the high moral ground at the same time! In any case, it seems to me that Jenman doesn’t attack people’s character – but their actions, which is the essence of free speech. Those who can’t take the criticism obviously have some issue with free speech. Yes, it’s fine – as long as it doesn’t question your sacred cows, the ones upon which you are building your lives and your ethics! Maybe Jenman is pricking your consciences….
    Cruiser

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Been a PM, always acted ethically. Have seen the system in operation, read some of its training material, definately not my cup of tea.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

actually, I changed my mind about Jenman, just read an article about a friend of his that got scammed by a wrapper. The friend was making payments to the wrapper, but the wrapper was not making payments to the bank. The friend, a german immigrant, lost the house he worked hard to pay for :(

I certainly will never ever put anyone in a position where they could loose their home, I wont be able to sleep at night!

Still don’t agree that all wrappers or lease optioners are bad, and and its unfair that all are labelled the same way by jenman, but I agree public awareness should be made of cases that have gone wrong!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

@kenkoh2000
    Originally posted by Dr.X:

Still don’t agree that all wrappers or lease optioners are bad, and and its unfair that all are labelled the same way by jenman, but I agree public awareness should be made of cases that have gone wrong!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Dear Dr. X,

1. Why don’t you separately take it up with Neil Jenman how to modify and make the existing WRAP practice “ethically fair” and socially acceptable to Jenman and his consumer protection group instead?… now that you can agree with Neil Jenman about his stance.

2. This can be the collective good for all the wrappers concerned.

3. For your kind considerations, please.

4. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi kenkoh2000
    I have posted before that you must try and separate between personal and business.
    I do and I think you do no people change their minds all the time I am not a advicate of neil jenman nor am I against him he happens to be a friend of mine but everybody has there own way of doing business and he does ( not that many here may have the same view as me) a lot of good,
    so I don’t usually ( and its not often that I sit on the fence)stick my little foot in on these debates as I see it a little one eyed but there are a couple of people here who don’t like neil and I accept that as we all have our likes and our dislikes but look at how your system can be made better.
    If drx is looking at changing this maybe good or bad but thats for drx to decide.
    I like people to pull and attack any system, its the only way that the system gets strong and this is not to say you are or have attacked him but attack his system Im sure like me he enjoys it.

here to help

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

Hi All,

Love him or hate him, I think we need people like Neil Jenman. He has fought hard to expose many fraudulant operators that have tried to mercilessly rip off property investors. Although I don’t think Neil knows where to stop sometimes I know he is a fierce fighter for the underdog and vulnerable in this world. I am not not 100% sure of his motives but I bet the people who have been saved from scammers send him a birthday card.

I think there are too many people in this world who try and make money at all costs, regardless of the effects on others. Neil with all his faults and with his sometimes extreme views helps to bring balance back towards the centre.

I have studied the Jenman System in detail and I believe that most of what Neil says is credbile and makes good sense. The problem is (and Neil admits it) he does try to get each of his agents to follow his system but he cannot be 100% successful in making them follow it (although he does offer to pay money out of his own pocket if any of his agents rip you off).

Anyway, I was so impressed with his philosphy in selling that I sold a house through a Jenman agent. Because I know the system well and I made sure the agent followed it, the sale ended up being very successful and we ended up getting way above what other agents were selling similar properties for at the time. These agents were clearly conditioning the seller to lower their price so they could get a quick sale and speedy commission. The win win was that the buyer was happy to pay that price to secure the property.

If anyone wants to know what the system is about just go to Neils website and you’ll find a fair bit of inforamtion there. Please don’t bag it out with out knowing indepth what it is about.

By the way, I applaude Steve in asking for the personal attacks on Neil to stop, I think that shows a lot of maturity and wisdom.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of RichmasteryRichmastery
    @richmastery

Jenman has been sneaking around some NZ web sites in the last few days and got busted!

http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51116#post51116

He also seems to like these two web sites:

> http://www.jenman.org
    > http://www.consumer-warning.com

Funny man, isn’t he.

Richmastery Customer Services
    [email protected]
    http://www.richmastery.com

Real People, Real Strategies, Real Results
    Giving you the Power to Change

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

I think that Jenman is against particular systems as they can be manipulated to the unwary and exploited and in the hands of unscrupolous individuals people get financially hurt.

Let me tell you a story, about 2-3 years ago i was having some serious issues with a property and no one would give me a friendly chat to help me out.

It was generalisations and those that were in a position to help wanted to charge me which at the time i could not afford or give me 5 minutes free.

In a bit of desperation i emailed Neil Jenman at 0200am and got a reply within 10 minutes NOW thats impressive.

Here i was a total stranger to him and we exchanged quite a few emails that morning and he was interested and guess what at no charge.

He put me onto some names and contacts and the rest was left to me to follow up.

YES i think we do need people like Neil Jenman if only those that were attending some very high price seminars in recent times had listened to him.

Cheers
    SG

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways Beer in one hand – Pizza in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO!”

Profile photo of londonjames1londonjames1
    @londonjames1

Check out http://www.jenman.org shows the true extent of this publicity machine that only benefits Jenman himself

Profile photo of ChamboChambo
    Participant
    @chambo

I attended a seminar run by Jenman at which he exposed the tricks and traps of r/e. Most of what he said rung true given my experience. By the way this was totally free and he refused to endorse any of the agents who sponsored the event. A bit extreme but indicative of the principles of the man.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.