All Topics / Help Needed! / manager issues

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of pad1pad1
    @pad1

im looking for advice fellow investors.
    what would you do?
    my property manager ordered repairs to my property without authorization from me. What action should I take. neccessary or not I like to be informed. It wasnt an emergency repair either. I was not impressed!!
    interested to hear your experiences/actions taken

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Make them pay for it!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Pad,

What does your agreement say about authorisation of repairs? This will direct your course of action.

As an aside be mindful of the nature of the repairs, the tenant and also your desire to maintain a property in tip top condition for your tenant. You also need to consider these ‘costs’ in the context of the bigger picture – certainly don’t allow them to become a precedent but………there are other issues to consider.

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of blossomozblossomoz
    Participant
    @blossomoz

My experience has been that there is a stipulated amount above which they must ask you. As you say in an emergency things are different. I think that I would be expressing my displeasure & looking aroung for another PM if it happened again.
    I have to say we have had some shocking PM’s.

Blossomoz

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

If the PM breaches the managing agency agreement, it’s an issue anytime. Heaven knows they’ll let you know if you are the one to breach it.
    If the breach is serious in terms of big dollars such as overpriced repairs or overservicing or repairs you could have done yourself for less, then ask for the difference as a refund, or settle for half. Lost income is a good slap on the wrist for a PM, and the PM’s boss the licencee will probably see the expense and caution the PM.
    That’s probably the amount you would be awarded if it went to adjudication.
    If the repairs were necessary, well, the job has to be done, and at least they acted. However, I would let them know that the managing agency agreement is not to be ignored.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4
    pad1 Posted – 01/04/2005 : 23:13:55

im looking for advice fellow investors.
    what would you do?
    my property manager ordered repairs to my property without authorization from me. What action should I take. neccessary or not I like to be informed. It wasnt an emergency repair either. I was not impressed!!
    interested to hear your experiences/actions taken

What did they do? And how does this fit in with your management contract? Please fill us in.[cigar]

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.