All Topics / Opinionated! / High Priced Seminars

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

the bible and talent. well i seem to remember jesus being offered the world (by the devil) and he said ‘no thanks!!’ talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. he had a access to money – had a great opportunity to build a dynasty financial dynasty and he said no. blatant underachiver that jesus. wouldnt know how to make a bob if he tried…although i hear chippies are on 50 bucks an hour in melbourne…

some of you talk as if making the most of your talent is the only important thing in life. little bit insular and selfish eh? again its all about you!!!!

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Aussie, your use and interpretation of the scriptures is amazing. What denomination do you subscribe to? The pick and choose?

When I have no intention to discuss Christian doctrine here, to say that prosperity is wrong since Jesus did not pursue a career, is as valid as to say carpentry is bad since Jesus gave it up.

You are throwing concepts around in a way that appears to indicate you have little if any grasp about their real meaning.

Since I think you are a normally intelligent person and this cannot be the case, I can only conclude you are attempting to use values you are not familiar with, but that you assume I will relate to and respond to.

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Boy has this thread gone off to space or what ???

We all have different opinions about what constitutes a high priced seminar….

As mentioned many many times now….

It’s all about MINDSET, and, ACTING on the knowledge gained….

Even a $200 seminar is “high priced” / worthless if I do not act on what I learnt in the seminar…..

Yes, it’s sorting out the wood from the trees…. There are some dodgy people out there, BUT, there are many who do provide good learnings….

You have to remember in the investment world, there really aren’t any secrets……. it’s more about not having to search for it…. because someone else has already, and, whether or not you want to pay them to save your time….

Another point…. The costs of putting on a seminar IS expensive….. there is the Room, Catering, Audio Visual, etc, etc…. is DOES cost a fair bit….. you’d be surprised…. You also have to factor in that the person does want to earn something for putting on a seminar….

Anyway, this has been argued to death already in this and other threads……

Attend if you want to, but….. DO YOUR HOMEWORK……

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

hehe marc, you make me laugh – your bible reference has nothing to do with investing and prosperity. it is a story about laziness. we dont listen to kings anyway. jesus says nothing about prosperity. you are the one who is picking and choosing. if the idea of jesus giving up worldy goods is a new CONCEPT for you then maybe you should do a little more soul searching.

and whats denomination got to do with it. you to me sound like a roman catholic!! they love money aswell.

nice try btw. no one has ever accussed me of being intelligent so dont start now…

Participant
    @aussierogue

btw way marc 1 – your name is biblical and you always say god bless but your moniker is obi 1 kenobi!! are you a christian or a jedi knight?? which box did you tick on the last sensus??

Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

So now that we seem to have worked out that high priced seminars are OK if you get value out of them.

Next question – what is the best seminar you have ever been to and why? Oh, and how much did it cost and was it good value for money?

Thanks,
    Luckyone

Participant
    @1winner
    Originally posted by aussierogue:

the bible and talent. well I seem to remember Jesus being offered the world (by the devil) and he said ‘no thanks!!’ talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. he had a access to money – had a great opportunity to build a dynasty financial dynasty and he said no. blatant underachiever that Jesus. wouldn’t know how to make a bob if he tried…although I hear chippies are on 50 bucks an hour in Melbourne…

some of you talk as if making the most of your talent is the only important thing in life. little bit insular and selfish eh? again its all about you!!!!

Come on Aussie, you have been a good sport so far, stay on track.

In the above you say that it is not ALL about achievement.
    Correct, I don’t remember saying so.

Yet it is a fact that when the talk is on achievements, whoever disagrees with what is been said, starts talking about greed, or money is not all, or money will not buy happiness, or Jesus said, go and sell all you have and give to the poor.

On matters of wealth or rather prosperity like I prefer to call it, it is difficult to find consensus, since to start with a large proportion of the ‘audience’ thinks that achievement has to do with the environment we come from, so since I cannot change the environment I am hopelessly at the mercy of external uncontrollable forces.

The small proportion remaining, is reluctant to accept that it is in their power to change conditions for success, and scrambles for excuses to justify not doing so. One intellectual way out is the say, it is materialistic or un-spiritual to succeed, Jesus calls for poverty etc etc etc.

My point all along is that this and many other more creative “excuses” lay dormant in our subconscious mind, placed there mostly by others, ready to jump at any opportunity we try to drift out of our confront zone. It is the recognition of this stock belief for what they are, anti-values that makes the first step towards power thinking and power action.

When I say anti-values, I include your quote, not in it’s real context of the Son of man dealing with the outcast who wants to rob him from his deity by making Him stumble, (In fact fulfilling a scriptural old testament prophecy) but in the context you use it, that is as an excuse for under achievement.

Meaning:”I will not go to a seminar that teaches how to invest in commercial properties, because Jesus was offered the earth and rejected it, so I must do the same”

When most may have more sophisticated thoughts that are not so obvious, it is the poor interpretation of scriptures by poorly trained when perhaps well intentioned religious leaders that keeps most people from prospering.

For whoever wants to see it, the bible is a powerful and prosperous book. God blessings come always in the form of wisdom AND prosperity, and the specific times Jesus talks down to the “rich” it is because of specific personal situations (the young ruler for example) or the social and political context of rich being traitors to the Jews by collaborating with the Romans and oppressing their own(the rope through the eye of the needle parabola).
    When the Centurion declared his faith to God and Son Jesus, he was not asked to give up his position nor his wealth and slaves and possessions, his prosperity was not anathema, contrary to today’s popular religious teachings.
    In the same way, before that time hundred of other wealthy people, leaders, kings, rulers, where graced by God’s blessings in a way that is hard to imagine. No one was asked to “sell all and give to the poor”. Their prosperity was achievement and blessing and pleasing to God

Marc

Participant
    @aussierogue

marc 1 – i know only too well the overall point you are trying to make. but you do it brazenly and without giving people the benefit of actually thinking about their stance in this matter. not all negative/anti sentiment is reactionary. since time immamorial intellectuals, artists, religious people, philospohers, poets etc have asked the same questions about materialism. but what you dont recognize is that the choice not to keep on accruing wealth is a legitimate choice and not one for underachievers. there are many examples in this life of people who have chosen to reject there so called talents and riches in order to be better people. shain gould, patrick rafter, hundreds of business people who are downsizing/seachanging etc etc. so whats the fuss if someone makes this decision!!

i still maintain that the GOSPELS say nothing with regards to this. if you can show me where then i will look. with regards to god blessing kings, leaders, rulers, wealthy people – this was a time in the world when the church managed to convince people that royalty was a blessing from god. that royals were somehow chosen from god. we now know this is not the case. theres nothing holy about charles although he seems like a half decent bloke. much of the bible is a reflection of the values and the culture of the time and most of it has little to do with whats going on now.

marc you can spin this anyway you want but you are crossing that line way over to the right with some other well know christian right wing fundamentalists. if you dont mind carrying that label then all the power to ya

keep rockin

Participant
    @aussierogue

to put an end to the arguement – i agree that ones inner limits can sometimes effect there prosperity, or there achievements. this can be sad especially when the person in question underachieves in general and is less than happy. its also a powerful psychological tool. ‘imagine a straight long drive (golf) and you give yourself a better opportunity to achieve it.

but dont belittle people because they dont necessarly wan to run 100 meters in 9 seconds, or if they dont wanna own 10 properties in 3 hours. look for the good things like if the barrack for essendon or if they have good oral hygeine.

marc – may the force be with you.

Participant
    @1winner

Tempest tossed souls, wherever you may be, under whatever conditions you may live, know this:

In the ocean of life the isles of blessedness are smiling and the sunny shore of your ideal awaits your coming. Keep your hand firmly upon the helm of thought. In the core of your soul reclines the comanding Master; He does but sleep; wake Him.

Self control is strenght. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
    Say unto your heart, “Peace, Be still!

From “As a man thinketh” by James Allen

Marc

Participant
    @aussierogue

james allen sounds like he has studied budhisms. i might read one of his books. thanks for the tip.

cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.