All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

You may have noticed i have been calculating the figures to forum posts and showing them to members. I have been testing my online calculator. And i finally seem to have got it sorted out.

I’m now officially letting people know where they can use this calculator themselves, if you want to analyse deals. You can put in whatever amount in the input boxes and see what difference the outcomes are.

It’s very simple and user friendly to use. The calculator can be found here.

I hope you find the calc helpful. It has helped me a lot in learning the figures and all the best i can do is share it. It gives you something to have quick access, and do calculations on the fly. Which was the purpose for developing the program ie so i could drop into internet cafe’s in towns i was in and do numbers on a deal.

Now a bit [offtopic], i have been having a play, I’ve come up with this as being the type of criteria i want my first investment. I’m think it will be hard to find but if i look long and hard enough i hope to fit this investment criteria the same as the below example results. I want to at least find a house that will yield $30 CF+ a week, i can also make use of the FHOG for the first property!

11 Second Solution:

Rent = 120
    Occupancy rate ‘3 Weeks’ = 94.23%
    Solution = $56540.00
    Asking price = $35000.00

Closing costs:

Deposit 20 % = $10000.00
    Legal fees = $750
    Stamp duty = $700
    Morgage app fees = $475
    Morg insurance = $0
    Valuation fees = $0
    Other borrowing costs = $400
    Clean up costs = $0
    Inspection costs = $0
    Other costs = $0
    Total closing costs = $12325.00

Morgage details:

Loan P&I = $25000.00
    Interest rate = 8%
    Term = 25 Years
    Weekly loan repayments = $44.53
    Total repayments for life of loan = $57885.00

Annual costs:

Management fees 0 % = $0.00
    Letting & advertising = $0
    Body corp fees = $0
    Rates = $800
    Utility rates & fees = $0
    Insurance = $350
    Miscalanious costs = $0
    Land tax = $400
    Maintenance 5 % = $294.06
    Other ownership costs = $0
    Total annual costs = $1844.06

Summary:

Total annual rent = $5881.20
    Total annual morgage = $2315.69
    Total annual costs = $1844.06
    Total annual cashflow = $1721.45
    Total funded costs = $12325.00
    Risk free return = $493.00 bank interest rate of 4%.
    Annual Cash On Cash Return = 13.97 %
    Cashflow Positive Weekly = $33.10

…..[trigger]…………………..[specool]………………….. [tired]…..

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Jaffa,

I checked out your site and aprt form the top section the rest was blank ????[confused2]

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. That’s news to me. It’s working alright from here. I wander if everyone else is the same.

Do you have the latest flash player? If not it’s a small download at macromedia. You will need the player version 7. you may have an older version of the player instaled in your computer.

A dropdown menu should appear and from there you can go into Analysis Calculator!

You might be refering to the white space , there is lot’s of white space around, i havent thought of anything else to put into the site yet :).

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

very useful Jaffasoft

very useful info – thanks

your one of the more generous persons out there helping others with your time and service. thanks and God Bless

Kind regards,
    George.

If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of KmelloyKmelloy
    @kmelloy

Thanks
    We were trying to make one of our own, it is hard work.
    Thanks for that, the hard work is gone now!

Kmelloy

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

No worries, thanks people. I just added a copy & paste function so that you can copy the results into the propertyinvesting forum and or copy and paste and save it into a notepad file.

My poor old servers have been hit hard this month. I never had so many visitors. I blew away the bandwidth limit, i don’t know what will happen, will probably get a bill from the host providers.

Profile photo of TurismoTurismo
    @turismo

My first IP which I have had for two years now has even now after two interest rate rises a PC of $53.00 a week. I have been lucky enough to have it rented thus far for every day I have owned it.

One a year is my plan!!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

That’s good.

One a year, that’s a pace i could handle.

Profile photo of TurismoTurismo
    @turismo
    Originally posted by Jaffasoft:

That’s good.

One a year, that’s a pace i could handle.

Best thing is it’s working at the moment. Once I re-establish myself after moving I will make the next transaction.

One a year is my plan!!

Profile photo of gunner10gunner10
    @gunner10

Nice work Jaffasoft. Can you please make just one small cosmetic change though – correct the spelling of morgage to mortgage. Also, within this forum, can somebody please explain the meaning of the line in step one “price range we can afford”. Sorry if this is a silly question.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Thanks, l like fixing problems! I changed the morgage too mortgage.

“Price range we can efford”, it’s not a silly question, it’s not the best description text i put in there. Looking forward to hearing a better description.

It’s no different to the 11 second solution outcome. Because were from the bush and were a bit slower i’ve just changed it to five minute online solution [:)]. Looking forward too hearing how you change it!

Profile photo of Matt BMatt B
    @matt-b

Thanks Jaffasoft, I think your calculator is one of the best around. One of my favourites!
    Matt

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

It’s all yours. I will leave you(s) too it. I’ve got to go and do a few things.

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Jaffasoft,
    Where can you change the loan from P&I To Interest only?
    Dom

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Dom,

There hasn’t been any Interest Only in the calculator.

I have implemented it. I interpreted your post as being a requested thing that you need.

You can change the loan from Principle & Interest too Interest Only…NOW….in the loan calculator section!

Online Positive Cashflow Financial Analysis Calculator

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Jaffasoft, I LIKE the calculator!!

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of tobestobes
    @tobes

The Calculator worked well

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Thanks!

I know they factor in vacancy rate, but what if you have none, at least for three years…doesnt let you do less than 1 week.

Cheers thanks!

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

No worries, Elves.

I will let you know a little secret. You can press on the very top button in the menu(s) and it will put 100% in there for you. I will edit that and make it more obvious.

So you just press on the ‘Weeks Vacant’, the weeks vacant button usually drops down a menu, you can press on the very top button of that menu. Which effectively will be 100% occupancy rate.

You can manually input any relevant figure in the boxes that are input text fields! If you Tab it will tab thru all the input fields (Tab is the tab key on your keyboard!). The menu is there for the convenience, as going thru.

I have just changed the colour so that you know what colour the input text fields are!

Profile photo of GreenhornGreenhorn
    @greenhorn

Help!!! As you’ve probably already gathered by my choosen user name I’m new to the forum & like hundreds of others I’ve recently read ‘0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years’which brings me to this forum.
    Although I’m not exactly new to the owning of investment property(yes singular),my one (so far)& only experience like many other disillusioned negatively geared investors was not great , I’d like to investigate positivly geared investment.

Thanks to your generousity in the sharing of information your calculator is of great interest to me as it will enable me to fast-track my investigations as to the validity of the asumptions made in ‘the book’.

As I’m not one to rush in blindly to seemingly new investment strategies I still have alot of work ahead of me.

I tryed to access your calculator but when I click on it a warning comes up on my pc.’Certficate unverified ‘along with a more detailed explanation …..

As I’m not the most computor literate person in the world I was wondering if you could tell me how to rectify this?

As this is only one of many many hurtles minor & major to overcome on my way to fiancial freedom for my family, I look forward to your reply .

Thank-you for your time

Matt

ps.go easy on me Im new at this type of comunication so I’m not sure how I come accross,hopfully not a complete nut-case.
    pps.”only time will tell”

SPARX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.