All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive Cashflow Calculator

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

How are you finding the calculator?

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

One of the things that annoyed me about this calculator, was that I would be doing calculations on one situation and wanted to change it to do another calculation on another situation. But the previous info would be lost! That was a bit of a muck around.

The site will now store Shared Objects.

Shared Objects are Macromedia’s version of Cookies. Cookies store information! Such as when you login to a site and leave it and the next time you login it remembers you have been there and logs you in automatically.

Now you can store what you input in the text fields and retrieve it, while juggling a few different scenarios. It’s unlikely that you will ever go over the limit. But it will store up to 400 different analysis. Save the information giving it (each file a name!). i.e. Jacks house.

That’s the 12th update to the calculator by now. It stores the information as long as you haven’t cleaned out your cache!

As the calculator evolves, please drop your suggestions or questions in here!

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

where do we find this calculator?

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Sorry it’s at www Jaffasoft.com, i have made a calculator to use online to make it easier to do calculations online for a positive and or negative cash flow property investments!

Version1 can be accessed here:

Positive Cashflow Calculator

Give comments and feedback. Anything you found difficult to understand or use? Please, Let me know. And i will try to clear up and make it better. It’s good to hear from newbies as your new and fresh and find the faults while fresh in your mind.

Enjoy……..

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Jaffa you are rocking my world…

Do you think the stamp duty calc should include the Loan amount and the price of the house so you get the total SD payable. Just a thought to save from flicking screens.

Just a thought
    WF

Profile photo of mistymisty
    @misty

Thanks so much for the calculator, it is the best one that I have tried.
    Cheers

Profile photo of sweetiesweetie
    @sweetie

Thanks Jaffasoft, It looks great. [exhappy]
    Regards,
    Linda

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram

A great calculator…very handy to use.

Just one question….is it possible to update the Stamp Duty to include all states/territories rather than just Vic as the default? Perhaps a menu to select the state (similar to the “weeks Vacant” menu.

Fantastic resource!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Great responses. I can’t complain about the comments i got. Thanks girls.

A great calculator…very handy to use.

Just one question…. is it possible to update the Stamp Duty to include all states/territories rather than just Vic as the default? Perhaps a menu to select the state (similar to the “weeks Vacant” menu.

It is possible to include all states to a drop down menu. I’m giving it some thought.

“It may take a few days to get it organized”. I will post a message in here once i get that done.

Can anyone with good English go over the spelling mistakes and send me an email? That sounds good [blush]doesn’t it, a web designer that can’t spell [blank].

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I got this sorted out. You can select what state/territory or Tasmania.

It was getting a bit beyond my capabilities. I got a programmer mate Gaius Coffey over at GDCsoft.com to make it up. (Awesome programer/actionscriptor, incredible ability!!).

It’s a small drop down menu, but just the formula’s for all the states, with all the different prices and variations that can happen, alone took 181 lines of code. And the menu itself contains another further 481 lines of code.

Ok so a couple of changes:

1). You can select your state/territory or Tasmania to factor in the current Stamp Duty as at 17/04/2004.

2). Done away with the calculate deposit button it was not needed. It now calculates the deposit automatically.

You can still input the deposit percentage amount if that’s 20% , 10% or 0% whatever you want to put in there, it will calculate it in when you press the ‘Calculate’ button at the end.

Thanks for the suggestion Dram.

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram

Not a problem [biggrin]

Thank you for making it happen and in such short a time too.

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Good calculator Jaffa!

I was wondering if it’s possible to add a second loan for the purchase of the one IP.
    Say you bought an IP and split the loan.
    1st Loan 80% of purchase price to avoid Mortgage Insurance (IP as security) and the 20% balance from a 2nd loan (LOC using the PPOR as security).
    2 Separate Loans with 2 different Interest Rates.
    Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Prop16

Profile photo of SilverbackSilverback
    @silverback

Hi

Thanks very much for this calculator.It sure makes life a lot easier.

One suggestion is to allow an option of none (or something similar) for the Stamp Duty section dropdown menu as this will allow to factor in calculations for Overseas properties (ie NZ).

Once again thanks for this fantastic tool. Keep up the great work.

Regards Silverback

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

>>Thanks very much for this calculator.It sure makes life a lot easier.<<

That’s alright. Thanks,.. Thankyou.

In the meantime just type 0 in the Stamp Duty field. I just tested it and it will only put a figure into the Stamp Duty field if you use the drop down menu. But if you don’t use the drop down menu and input zero in that field (i.e. just click in the field and type a ‘Zero’ in there.)

I’m taking it easy over the weekend. It won’t take much to include a ‘NONE’ selection in the drop down menu.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Your request has been filled.

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Nice calculator. I got a little confused initially, but once familiar it is excellent.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of Richo1Richo1
    @richo1

nice work jaffa but having problems printing my results i’m operating a imac os9 do you have any advice for me please
    thanks RICHO ( new kid on the block)[withstupid]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I did have an explaination in there that explained that it couldn’t be printed, but i took it out because i ran out of room.

It is unable to be printed.

You can copy and paste the results text field into a notepad. which has the main details of the deal.

You can then print the notepad file! This is reasonable not that good. But then can save the results purmanently. Well as long as you don’t delete your Notepad file(or any text storing file for that matter) that you’ve saved on your harddrive!

Profile photo of ipjourneyipjourney
    @ipjourney

Jaffasoft,

Thank you for developed the calculator, I agreed with evryone else it is very good. Just a friendly suggestion though, if you add in the word “Weekly” (just text change) before the “Rent” to make it more obvious. First I was not sure then read on a bit more, click on a drop down next to it then understood.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Fair enough. The wordings changed now!

Thanks for the advice.

Online Positive Cashflow Financial Analysis Calculator.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.