All Topics / Overseas Deals / Help Getting Started in US

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Kazek87Kazek87
    Participant
    @kazek87

Hi Everyone,

I am an Aussie living in Australia. However, I have a property in Kentucky, that is worth about $50k and can be rented out for about $120-$150 pw. I own the property outright with no mortgage. I am very, very new to real estate investing and am not too sure what to do. Should I sell the property and bring the cash back to Australia to invest or should I use the equity in it to purchase another rental property?

What are some strategies I could use? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kane

Profile photo of Reed GoossensReed Goossens
    Participant
    @reedrsnpropertygroup-com

Kane,

Is the property cash-flowing? Why are you wanting to sell?

If you are looking to keep the money in the US, but don’t want the headache of being a landlord half-way across the world, my two cents is to sell it and invest a syndication. Reduces risk but allows you to be involved in a deal that uses leverage; currently you can’t leverage your property as financing to foreigners isn’t favorable. You will also be involved in a larger deal (ie: commercial multifamily) which also reduces risk to your cashflow; the risk of your current tenant vacating your SFH in Kentucky and the property be 100% vacant is a lot high compared to investing in a 50 unit deal (the risk of all tenants leaving at once is a lot lower compared to a SFH).

Hope this makes sense. If you want to continue the conversation you can email me at [email protected]

Regards

Reed

Profile photo of dhillon2dhillon2
    Participant
    @dhillon2

Reed! I didn’t know you visit these forums. Everyone- Reed Goossens is a genuine top bloke!

We’ve gone to the driving range together, we saw the Magnificent 7 together. Good guy.

Check out his podcast: Investing In The U.S. – An Aussie’s Guide to U.S. Real Estate

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Everyone,
    I am an Aussie living in Australia. However, I have a property in Kentucky, that is worth about $50k and can be rented out for about $120-$150 pw. I own the property outright with no mortgage. I am very, very new to real estate investing and am not too sure what to do. Should I sell the property and bring the cash back to Australia to invest or should I use the equity in it to purchase another rental property?
    What are some strategies I could use? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kane

“Best time to buy is now and best time to sell is never”

If the property is producing cashflow without issues then just hold and buy more.

I’ve been based in the US for 6 years now and have done over 500 deals

Mostly renovating and selling but that was for the purpose of building up enough capital to buy and hold.

Cash is King and cashflow is Queen :)

Much success

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

I have the same philosophy in US, been buying up Atlanta cash cows, though very much harder to buy at the right price than when I started buying in 2011.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.