All Topics / Overseas Deals / Who can I trust?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Who's  offering modular homes in Kansas City?

Profile photo of emma171emma171
    Participant
    @emma171

What, you’re not???? = )

It is all the rage… !

Kyler… Sorry, i should have added you to my list above….

Here is another thought… There are 300 million americans, let’s assume 25 million of them own an investment property (probably way high)…

98 % of these people would not be rushing to the wholesalers but would find an agent. That agent may SUCK, you may write a novel about how much they suck but you will hav legal recourse beyond… Oh well, you should have realized this had enormous risk. NO REAL ESTATE AGENT (who is acting as an agent in a transaction) CAN ACT UNETHICALLY OR MISREPRESENT WITHOUT RECOURSE …. They may not answer every question and you may have to fill in the gaps but unless 50-80k is a pittance in your mind it might be a good idea to consider why 98 % of those buying investment properties do so through an agent… And if you are looking for turnkey solutions…. Contact someone who isn’t promising hyper inflated crap.

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Oh, I am  

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/3101681079.html

I can set anybody up with some vendor financing on this beauty right here, lol.

You give 20 down and we can set up payments for the other thirty, it appraises for 60 i swear!

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Emma

Nice post thank you.

Kyler,,, modular homes exist in every market …

I was financing these in the Bay Area in the 80's and early 90's, My client pays 300k for a lot and 60k for a modular…

This again is an area that out of area investors will have no clue.  IE any home that is Modular ( mobile Home) has very little value compared to stick built.. and is almost impossible to finance,, IE for an investor or owner occuppied.

Now do not get me wrong I have a few mobile parks I own and sold one a few years ago and did tremendous on but again like storage facilities they are there own little business

Participant
    @kylermrice

I was confused, I'm on the up and up, on what she meant now.

Looked at one the other day for 1,500 dollars, lot fees killed any chance of cash flow.

Participant
    @emma171

That’s the whole thing… Modular (I lump them all together and call them mobilies to include both in a park and standalone) can absolutely be cash cows and mobile home parks actually tempting (have had massive insight from fab person on her stunning swamp infested one) so long as you KNOW what you are buying… As remote a possible as it seems, someone may look at a Modular “house” propped up by bricks at one end to be “dream investment” at 60k in this market over any other house that is actually a house……… Until they realize that that is all it can ever be…. Yield churning and then when the market picks up and they decide they have had enough of supporting billy bob and his whole family, some of whom are even thinking of getting a job…..

Well every other house will have increased by 100% over purchase price but yours? Even if it were valued at 100k, you would have To find a cash purchaser….. Sigh.

If all that is explained fabulous but when modulars are the same price as a house….. I would suggest you go house…There will come a time very rapidly where you may not be able to afford anything else or need just a churner forever or or or… But these come with massive caveats.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

emma ,,,

We call them wobley box's…

If you have the latest and greatest ones that are pit set on perminate foundations… Lenders have to loan on them like a house.

But your right the market ferrets these out… People just will not pay a premium for a wobbly box no matter where it is..

Caveot to above.

Orange County CA… Santa Clara County CA… Wobley Box's in a park can sell for 250 to 500k….

Participant
    @emma171

I LOVE IT….. I am so adopting that phrase… Yes, it is important to note that some are indeed real property… However widget for widget?? Get the REAL House…. How to tell… If it looks like a rectangle with 2 equal windows at either end, this is probably modular… They can be well disguised. 

Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

Trust in God.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen
    The General wrote:
    Trust in God.

Gramps used to say "In god we trust. Everybody else pays cash".

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

In god we trust is written on US currency…

Profile photo of IlovehousesIlovehouses
    @ilovehouses

Just wondering what the impact on your credit rating is you are in foreclosure? If I have to foreclose on this guy I am having problems with, will he really care?

Participant
    @emma171

Totals it. However, declare bankruptcy, behave and 2 years later… FHA here you come! Oh, if you foreclosed on them, you get the house!.

Will he care in this economy… Probably not, the shame of left in about Dec 2010.

Profile photo of IlovehousesIlovehouses
    @ilovehouses

Might put him out of action for a couple years though.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

llovehouses.

Short Answer is NO… not on a private mortgage. 

If a lender is going to report to the credit agencies, they first have to:

1. sign up and get approved.

2. it cost money these agencies charge for this. And knowing how frugal lenders are on Ozzies are (think property mangement) no way they are going to pay to report. Just pulling your leg there but not really.

3. Once your signed up 100% of your loans have to be reported no selective reporting.

So basically for this discussion the only mortgage lenders that report, are Federally charter and state Chartered banks that are selling their loans in the secondary market or to FHA. And are doing long term consumer home owner loans… No commercial bank that is doing commercial loans will report. Its the beauty of using those banks.  And of course when I do business I provide letters from my banks stating my credit facilities and our cash positions.

As  a private lender no chance no how to affect this guys credit.  As I posted before the BIGGEST club in your bag IE the  Driver is the 1099C discharge of Debt that you can file with the IRS… I have used this very successfully in the past.. 1099C you can get on line from the IRS fill it in and send it in to the IRS… Of course when you made the loan you got this borrowers TIN number or personal SOS Right ???  with that you can really foul his day.  The 1099C will be ordinary income.. And you get 100% write off on your US tax return.  Now me I like write on's but write offs work if you must.

Emma,

its very possible that llovehouses is not properly secured in this loan.. IE his loan far exceeds the value… So add in foreclosure costs, costs to change locks turn off water, winterize the house ( emma knows what this means) in KC were this house is located if you don't winterize your house will be ruined…… This is a clear cut case of a lender making a loan to someone who borrowed on false pretenses, I have no first hand knowledge of what this borrower represented to the Lender, However the little I know looks like a very classic case of lender not really knowing what to look for in the way of security and documentation and a borrower who is just an outright crook…Add to this the small amount of the loan and lender lets their guard down… I doubt very seriously that this borrower could have passed any kind of due diligence sniff test past a nice post on the internet and a few nice phone calls and a promise of a very high return.. Remember con men are great salemen.

And Because of the waste ( this what we call trashing of a home) a lender that has a defaulted mortgage or deed of trust has the right within 30 days of default to enter a vacant home change the locks and winterize it an secure it… the debtor has abonded the property,, plus what borrower in default is going to sue you … this is just popy cock BS that has investors thinking everyone sues everyone in the US there can be nothing farther from the truth… Not in the concept of what the average OZ investor is doing.. YOur dealing with wage earners the last thing they have is money to hire and attorney… Now you run your property like a slumlord and do not fix things that need fixing and someone gets hurt thats another story.. Negligence is wrong.. However again there is no attorney in the US that will take any case like this without being paid or has a very good indication that there is a US insurance company they can tag for a money judgement… And if you have proper insurance you just sit back and let the insurance company duke it out.

Lastly on Credit reporting and one of the reason I stick to commercial banks… Commercial banks by and large do not report to credit agencies…. And even the bigger banks if they are deemed commercial loans those are not reported.

At my venith I had close to 30 million dollar worth of credit with 5 banks.. .. Can you imagine the car dealer pulling my Credit and and seeing high credit limit of 30 plus million.. In additon commecial banks do not want to report credit.. if they have to do a work out they do not want to be compelled to report to the agencies in fear that the borrower could not get credit elsewhere to pay exisiting bank off.. Even as it is with all my rentals that have Chase wells citigroup mortgages I think my report comes back at close to 4 mil… Like I said its really funny when consumer credit folks pull credit and read that ,,, And really thats only car dealers because its the only credit I have…. other than my mortgages.

2nd remedy is to sue on the note every RE loan in the US can be brought to superior court and a money judgement awarded. Banks do not do this because of time and expense and the very unlikley event of ever collecting anything… So even the banks have resorted to the 1099C threats… its a good one trust me.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs
    Ilovehouses wrote:
    Might put him out of action for a couple years though.

llovehouses..

Other than the internet,,, the rip off report, and other things on line there is nothing your going to do in your situation that will prevent him from moving to the next victim unfortunatly.

JLH

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    kylermrice wrote:
    I was confused, I'm on the up and up, on what she meant now.

Looked at one the other day for 1,500 dollars, lot fees killed any chance of cash flow.

near me I call them cash boxes. If I can buy single wides with the land for under $10k I take them all day long. Double wides willing to go to $20k if land is good area. Most can be purchased super cheap.I deal with older fellow out of Lancaster SC, cash lender for my company. He purchased the land and the single wides in late 80s. Still rents them out $125 week. Just looked at some numbers when I had coffee with him. He is taking in roughly 16k month. Been doing that for many years .

Not bad for single wide trailers. There is money if done right and you know what your are dealing with.

Alex

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Alex now your talking Aussie language rentals by the week … 

I think in OZ they do it by the week because they pick up 4 weeks of income that we lose here in the states renting properties by the month… Its brilliant really the weekly rate…

Weely rent in the US is synonomis with a boarding house type environment or a motel that has been tuned into weekly monthly rentals…. just have to really stay on collections not something that a out of area owner could possibly do well at.

Participant
    @kylermrice

Really got me thinking, land, have utilities put in and pick them up on an average of 10,000.  Hmmm… haven't thought of what the cost is to move a mobile home though. 

Profile photo of simplesimple
    Participant
    @simple
    engelorumora wrote:
    I bought my property without seeing it but have a good friend who owns over 60 properties in the US so I trusted him with his advice.

A couple thousand dollars is not a lot of money to pay to go see things for yourself and meet people you will do business with face to face.

Engelo

^^^
    THIS
    Buy ticket, fly over. Spend time and Learn first-hand.
    Get to know people there, build relationship and do business.
    You are not serious to spend some $100K and above just based on ‘trust’ ?! Few will trade ‘trust’ for a portion of this ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.