All Topics / Overseas Deals / Fly and Buy Tours to the USA Looking for Opinions ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey All want to get the opinion of investors who took these type of tours. We have been doing these for the USA investors but not for the international clients. We are trying to get feed back on what was good and what was bad on these type of tours.

Any and all feed back would be great  If you flew over by your self and checked things out.Please feel free to chime in as well  Trying to get a idea to see if investors actually like these events and if so why or why not . Things like to many days, would you want to see multiple cities.

Our thought process is no more then 6 _ 8 clients at a time. Again it is not all about numbers but customer service . I do think with to many people companies  would lose that one on one relationship  . I have been talking with one other market on here Florida if you all want to know. One of the larger groups in the USA just did 150 people three greyhound buses can you imagine.

Thanks

Sincerely

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Okay how about I change title if you flew to the USA what are likes and dislikes for viewing properties and checking out different markets.

What we be the amount of time to see each market. ( understand it takes much more then a visit to understand the USA ) so do think can be one trip and you know everything.

Again just looking for feed any feed back thanks

Engelo I know you came over recently jump in and help me out.Seems every one is getting quite..

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Alex,

No worries, I am happy to give my opinion.

If you have previous experience with property investing in Australia or the US I think that 3-5 days spent in a city with experts like yourself, Jay, Kyler, etc… is enough to get basic knowledge on good and bad areas and how the market works in that particular area. I wouldnt be seeing more than 2 people at a time. The smaller the group is the better as its more personalized and you can really commit to understanding what the potential investor wants.

Engelo

Alex SC wrote:
    Okay how about I change title if you flew to the USA what are likes and dislikes for viewing properties and checking out different markets.

What we be the amount of time to see each market. ( understand it takes much more then a visit to understand the USA ) so do think can be one trip and you know everything.

Engelo I know you came over recently jump in and help me out.Seems every one is getting quite..

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor
    Alex SC wrote:
    Hey All want to get the opinion of investors who took these type of tours. We have been doing these for the USA investors but not for the international clients. We are trying to get feed back on what was good and what was bad on these type of tours.

Any and all feed back would be great  If you flew over by your self and checked things out.Please feel free to chime in as well  Trying to get a idea to see if investors actually like these events and if so why or why not . Things like to many days, would you want to see multiple cities.

Our thought process is no more then 6 _ 8 clients at a time. Again it is not all about numbers but customer service . I do think with to many people companies  would lose that one on one relationship  . I have been talking with one other market on here Florida if you all want to know. One of the larger groups in the USA just did 150 people three greyhound buses can you imagine.

Thanks

Sincerely

Hi Alex
    Happy to give you my feedback but you probably wont like it.

Personally I do not like these tour set ups, as every man and his dog is doing this and there have been many negative reports regarding some of these operators, ie quality of stock, hard sell approach. I understand this is certainly not your intension.

I like a one to one, meet the person who is sourcing the properties, view the set up and then start to do my homework on what is being sourced etc.

Cheers, WI

Participant
    @engelorumora

Agree with WI

1 on 1 is the best.

worldinvestor wrote:
    Alex SC wrote:

Thanks

Sincerely

Hi Alex

Personally I do not like these tour set ups, as every man and his dog is doing this and there have been many negative reports regarding some of these operators, ie quality of stock, hard sell approach. I understand this is certainly not your intension.

I like a one to one, meet the person who is sourcing the properties, view the set up and then start to do my homework on what is being sourced etc.

Cheers, WI

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @alex-sc
    worldinvestor wrote:
    Alex SC wrote:

Thanks

Sincerely

Hi Alex

Cheers, WI

No this is the best answer you could give me. I am 100 % against them wanted to see if we were making mistakes by not taking part of these. We were doing smaller versions with our LA clients. It just does not work for our company. We been a meet and great company. Now of course this was USA client only. Then the international client came on the scene but I still see see this the same way.

I have always liked the travel and sitting down with each client. Naturally our company is not going to be the company that buys and sells the volume any more. Being we are focusing on Charlotte and Charlotte only.  These tours seem like cattle being herded through the gates in and out. No time to really get to know any one. Not saying you all should not go on these trips  .Just be careful and understand  it is very hard to get understanding of a company and it process in 3 days .

Thanks for the response and look forward to meeting some time .Either here is the USA or when I do get over to Australia.

Talk soon 

Participant
    @alex-sc
    engelo10 wrote:
    Hi Alex,

No worries, I am happy to give my opinion.

If you have previous experience with property investing in Australia or the US I think that 3-5 days spent in a city with experts like yourself, Jay, Kyler, etc… is enough to get basic knowledge on good and bad areas and how the market works in that particular area. I wouldnt be seeing more than 2 people at a time. The smaller the group is the better as its more personalized and you can really commit to understanding what the potential investor wants.

Engelo

Alex SC wrote:

I like what you are saying.Most clients are one on one with us., If a couple comes to town my wife will venture out with us to dinner. The one on one meeting is what is most important. I did a fly and buy tour recently with a big group. Felt like I was undercover as I played investor. To be honest I felt like being herded through like cattle. Just had a few minutes to look at the homes  and buy now  was really pressed into our heads.  They made is seem like it is super important to buy today .I try to always remind people this is a long term financial decision. Don't be impulsive and don't just jump in to buy ( getting caught up in the excitement). Make sure to do some research and make sure the properties make sense to your own personal real estate plan. Sorry if jumbled it is Monday and catching up on emails …

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I’m attending one in September for 4 full days in San Antonio. Max group size is 12. They take you through all of the legals, accounting, understand the types of deals they do etc and show you around. I’m happy being in a group this size for this length of time. I am then going to do my own research for another 9 days in 2 other markets.

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

Good for you, just make sure you have "eyes wide open".

Looks like you have plenty of time to do some research on what they are selling and who they sold to.
    Cheers, WI

Participant
    @alex-sc
    mattnz wrote:
    I'm attending one in September for 4 full days in San Antonio. Max group size is 12. They take you through all of the legals, accounting, understand the types of deals they do etc and show you around. I'm happy being in a group this size for this length of time. I am then going to do my own research for another 9 days in 2 other markets.

What other markets are you visiting . This is probably only time I would tell some one to stay far away from Charlotte during that month . This is the democratic national convention here, and hotel rooms sold out every already during this time.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Thanks Alex, Dallas and Atlanta.

Profile photo of LiamTLiamT
    @liamt

I am also interested in these tours. Can anyone give me a price estimate? Does it depend on the market area?

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Alex,

My Dad and I did these for years in California,, back in the 80's… We would fly 30 couples from Socal to Norcal. Have 2 bus's and a line of salemen ready to tour our properties.

Flights in those days were 99 buck aroos round trip… And we charged 199 to the client ,, so it paid for itself basically if they bought they get a credit of the 199.

The biggest risk you have as the operator is having your good clients posioned by some negative know it all.. that has no intention of buying and just is looking at this for an outing.

Now fast forward… to todays bus tours…. I don't think anyone is paying for the Aussie to get to the US, but I bet the Aussie expects to be wined and dined,,, not fancy but probably 2 meals a day some drinks, maybe their hotel room etc… You will definatly have some people come to these events based on this that have no intention of buying any US property they look at it as freebee for their trip to the states.

Its the same thing when I sold Real Estate and the private Pilot… Never did sell one of those guys they were just looking for a place to fly to and have someone drive them around and have lunch… I know this one first hand as a fairly seasoned private pilot
    its great flying places but transportation can be an issue… And most pilots spend all their money on their planes.

One of my Memphis contacts had 20 Aussies come in last year and not one bought anything and he spent over 30k on hotel rooms buses and the like….

The big tours you can create urgency, and it might work with the US buyer but I do not see the Aussie's as urgent buyers. I see them as very patient types by and large ( does not mean they still are buying the wrong properties because they do not know any better)  but just get one to do business with you from Dec 15th to end of Jan… Can hardly get a return E mail at that time…. I am over emphasing but the Aussies know what I mean.

I would stick to what your doing and keep it one on one… One thing for sure before I spent mutliple days with any buyer from anywhere I would want them qualified I would want proof of funds.. I would want to know that they have the capablity to buy if they liked what your showing them… Now thats just me… But I do not need the practice and only work with highly motivated and capable clients…Unless its a drop in and maybe an hour showing them around type of thing.

Armondo Montolongo charges up to 40k to be on his bus tour!!!!!!!!

JLH

Participant
    @engelorumora

1 on 1 is the best. Most investors will buy 2-3 properties if they like your product the first time.

Engelo

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    Alex,

My Dad and I did these for years in California,, back in the 80's… We would fly 30 couples from Socal to Norcal. Have 2 bus's and a line of salemen ready to tour our properties.

Flights in those days were 99 buck aroos round trip… And we charged 199 to the client ,, so it paid for itself basically if they bought they get a credit of the 199.

The biggest risk you have as the operator is having your good clients posioned by some negative know it all.. that has no intention of buying and just is looking at this for an outing.

Now fast forward… to todays bus tours…. I don't think anyone is paying for the Aussie to get to the US, but I bet the Aussie expects to be wined and dined,,, not fancy but probably 2 meals a day some drinks, maybe their hotel room etc… You will definatly have some people come to these events based on this that have no intention of buying any US property they look at it as freebee for their trip to the states.

Its the same thing when I sold Real Estate and the private Pilot… Never did sell one of those guys they were just looking for a place to fly to and have someone drive them around and have lunch… I know this one first hand as a fairly seasoned private pilot
    its great flying places but transportation can be an issue… And most pilots spend all their money on their planes.

One of my Memphis contacts had 20 Aussies come in last year and not one bought anything and he spent over 30k on hotel rooms buses and the like….

The big tours you can create urgency, and it might work with the US buyer but I do not see the Aussie's as urgent buyers. I see them as very patient types by and large ( does not mean they still are buying the wrong properties because they do not know any better)  but just get one to do business with you from Dec 15th to end of Jan… Can hardly get a return E mail at that time…. I am over emphasing but the Aussies know what I mean.

I would stick to what your doing and keep it one on one… One thing for sure before I spent mutliple days with any buyer from anywhere I would want them qualified I would want proof of funds.. I would want to know that they have the capablity to buy if they liked what your showing them… Now thats just me… But I do not need the practice and only work with highly motivated and capable clients…Unless its a drop in and maybe an hour showing them around type of thing.

Armondo Montolongo charges up to 40k to be on his bus tour!!!!!!!!

JLH

I like the one on one module .The office likes it as well. I think because I get to talk the whole entire time. Showing both NC and SC properties . Kevin jumps in on the tour side of the properties. For us though one on one has always brought best results.

Participant
    @alex-sc
    engelorumora wrote:

1 on 1 is the best. Most investors will buy 2-3 properties if they like your product the first time.

Engelo

LOL  true on the one on one meeting  but love the quote blow that

Participant
    @alex-sc
    mattnz wrote:

Hey Matt

Now every one here knows I am in Charlotte but man I love both those other markets. I was in Atlanta but to hard to be in multiple markets.

Dallas I recommend alot of international clients go take a peek  at that market . I hear nothing but good things .

Participant
    @alex-sc
    mattnz wrote:

Hey Matt

Now every one here knows I am in Charlotte but man I love both those other markets. I was in Atlanta but to hard to be in multiple markets.

Dallas I recommend alot of international clients go take a peek  at that market . I hear nothing but good things .

Participant
    @alex-sc
    LiamT wrote:
    I am also interested in these tours. Can anyone give me a price estimate? Does it depend on the market area?

instead of tours why don't you search out a few markets. Ask some of the fellow Aussies to give you a heads up of good and bad areas. Then make a trip out of it to check  out a few markets here in the USA . Research is the key ,the trip is good to meet  teams and see homes. To be honest how much can one learn in 2 days _ 3 days .

Profile photo of VideoInspectorsVideoInspectors
    @videoinspectors

I have worked with plenty of investors coming over for property tours and have done video of the properties and surrounding areas for them prior to the trip. I know some unethical companies will route their tours around the bad areas very close to the houses they are selling.

I’d always suggest doing your own research even if you do go on a property tour.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.