All Topics / Overseas Deals / USA investor from Melbourne

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    Trewey wrote:
    Alex SC wrote:
    Trewey wrote:
    Hi all,
               Just found this thread. I am moving to Melbourne in July 2012, going to finish off uni at La Trobe in Bundoora. Do you all still live in Melbourne or has there been a mass exodus? haha

It'd be great to meet up with like wise people, I'm only just getting onto this path, no ITIN, no LLC or anything yet.

Matthew

just Google real estate groups in the areas you are looking for. Seems their should be plenty of local real estate investment groups in most of the major cities

Was mostly looking for coffee with like minded people, already have a place to live down there and have a mass of information to use just have not got further than that yet, as I said I am still early on in the process, researching a lot.

Cheers

No worries , that is what I have been doing  here in the states. I don't go to the big meeting or very rare. They have one in Charlotte NC monthly they claim 500 to 1000 people. I never counted over 200. If I do go I sneak in very quiet before meeting to see what competitors are doing . then leave before the sales pitches start. My main group is 8 of us that meet for coffee twice a month and discuss what we think is working and what is not working in real estate.  All in the group are involved in real estate is some form or fashion. I get more out of this group then any other group.

talk soon

Profile photo of VideoInspectorsVideoInspectors
    @videoinspectors

I realize this is an older post but I’d recommend to anyone buying property in the US to look into setting up an individual LLC for each property you buy. If for some reason you are party to a lawsuit and all the properties are owned by a single LLC your potential losses could be very great. If you establish an individual LLC for each property your losses would be limited to the assets of that LLC.

I’m not an attorney but I know many that have given this advise. I also have spoken to an investor out of the UK that lost one of their properties in a lawsuit. If the would have had all their properties in one LLC it would of been a lot worse.

Food for thought

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.