All Topics / Overseas Deals / USA investor from Melbourne

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of EdmundStEdmundSt
    Participant
    @edmundst

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of purchasing my first investment property in the USA. I am currently setting up an LLC and have found an accountant to assist me.

With so many other like minded people out their, I was wondering if anyone living in Melbourne would like to catch up over lunch / coffee and possibly exchange ideas and experiences that may have been encountered a long the journey?

Every time i mention my investment plans to my friends, I am apparently crazy and throwing money down the drain. So it would be good to meet and speak to like minded people.

Please PM me if interested

Thanks

Profile photo of simon87simon87
    @simon87

Gday EdmundSt,

I am currently exploring the options of investing in the US. Would bee keen to share some ideas. Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

Cheers,
    Simon

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Perhaps I could help. I am based in Melbourne and do a lot in Texas. Infact I just got back this week

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

You guys should catch up with Nigel. He has actually worked in realestate over there and has been involved in the US for a long time.

Profile photo of EdmundStEdmundSt
    Participant
    @edmundst

Hey guys,

I live in Hawthorn.

Send me a PM on what days / times best suit for a catch up and we'll take it from there. Maybe we can organise a group catch up.

Nigel, from your background and experience, it would be good to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Cheers

Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg

I'm kinda roaming at the moment,

but am free after the 24th of Dec. I know it's a bit far (and into the hols) but would love to meet up and discuss all that is property.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Happy to meet up with anyone in Melbourne to discuss my experiences over the last 5 years.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of simon87simon87
    @simon87

I work in Hawthorn so anywhere around here is great.

Would been keen to hear your experiences Nigel as long as you dont try and sell me a gold membership. Haha. Only joking.

Im at work Mon-Sat so anyday and time is good for me.

Participant
    @edmundst
    NHG wrote:
    I'm kinda roaming at the moment,

but am free after the 24th of Dec. I know it's a bit far (and into the hols) but would love to meet up and discuss all that is property.

sounds good NHG – be sure to msg me and we can organise a catch up anytime from Jan 3

Profile photo of ModeratorModerator
    @moderator

To get this thread back on topic I have had to delete a few posts. 

Please ensure that all posts are made with due respect to other users on the site.

– Moderator

Participant
    @edmundst
    simon87 wrote:
    I work in Hawthorn so anywhere around here is great.

Would been keen to hear your experiences Nigel as long as you dont try and sell me a gold membership. Haha. Only joking.

Im at work Mon-Sat so anyday and time is good for me.

How does Thur lunch on Glenferrie Rd, hawthorn sound?

Profile photo of tlqdmelbtlqdmelb
    @tlqdmelb

Hello
    I am in Melb and wish to join you to share the info. Lunch time on weekdays or anytime weekend is great for me.
    Hope to hear from you guys.
    Lee

Profile photo of davolakidavolaki
    @davolaki

Hi, I'm in Melbourne also.  Would be keen to catch up to share experiences and strategies.

I have also been looking for an accountant in Melbourne to setup LLC, but to no avail.  My accountant doesn't know anything.  Can you share which accountant you are using for LLC setup, and how you found his/her service?

My email is [email protected]; or just reply here.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

No asccountant in Melbourne, unless you use one with a US office, is going to be able to help you. Even then, they will subcontract there local office to do it. It's easier to just go straight to a US accountant, you will need one anyway, if you do invest over there.

Profile photo of GiacomoAGiacomoA
    @giacomoa

Hello,
    Sorry to bump this old thread.
    Is there someone based in Melbourne that would be still available to catch-up to exchange experiences about property investment in the USA?
    I really would like to talk to someone that is not selling any services, but like myself is still trying to work out how to go about it or even better someone that has already purchased some property and is available to share his experience.

Thanks,

Giacomo

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

You talk about not wanting to pay for a service. However do you pay for an accountant?, Solicitor ect. I have worked in the USA. I have a business partner there and have spent tens of thousands of dollars to gain the information. If you want to do it yourself I suggest you get on a plane and go over and learn it for yourself. The service I provide will make sure that you do not make mistakes or loose money. I wish you luck but doubt you will be able to achieve this on your own.,

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I am always happy to meet people and have a chat.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of GiacomoAGiacomoA
    @giacomoa

Dear Nigel,

I didn't say I do not want to pay for a service, and I do not intend to do it myself.

I definitely will need some professional help if I decide to go ahead and invest in USA property. I am currently considering either to use a company like MyUSAproperty or to enroll in your mentoring program. We meet a few weeks ago and you have been very generous with your time and your proposal is very appealing. It is just that before I decide which way to go I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to someone that is or has been in my position, to see what they think or what their experience has been like. This is the reason of my post directed to investors like me rather than people or companies selling a service, which eventually I will probably need and I do not have a problem to pay for if I believe they offer value for money.

Regards,

Giacomo Angeli

Profile photo of remereme
    @reme

You're doing the right thing Giacomo.  Try to speak to as many people as you can, gather as much information as you can and get as many different insights as you can.  It is all part of your DD, and we've all had to start gathering information at some point.  Don't pay for anything until you're 100% comfortable with your decision.  Once you've gathered all the necessary information then you will feel more comfortable using one of the many companies that offer US investment services (or not). 
    Good luck with it all!

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Be willing to chat about US investing and my experiences over there – anytime
    [email protected]

Ian – http://theblockblog.com
    Free Property Information, Tools & Resources for Property Investors with a Sense Of Humour
    Australia, New Zealand, USA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.