All Topics / General Property / global warming “scam” huh?

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

ooh yes how selfish I am, wanting future generations to not live on a planet deprived of hundreds of species, filled with polution, suffering from a climate thats unbearable. My bad.

and as for recommending people buy shares when the market was 3300, how terrible, it only went up 20% after that and hasnt gone that low again. even right now its a 5% return. god I suck dont I?

please, go on…….continue to tell us all how you are so great

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff
    crashy wrote:
    ooh yes how selfish I am, wanting future generations to not live on a planet deprived of hundreds of species, filled with polution, suffering from a climate thats unbearable. My bad.

and as for recommending people buy shares when the market was 3300, how terrible, it only went up 20% after that and hasnt gone that low again. even right now its a 5% return. god I suck dont I?

please, go on…….continue to tell us all how you are so great

Don't try and BS us,  You called the bottom at 3400 and the very next day ASX was trading at 3350,  I have it in my personal messages to prove it.

And even if you did tell people to by at 3300….. the asx is only 3458 today !   How is 158 points 20% ? and thats not 5% anyway,  Its 4.7%

You could have made 30% on gold in 2008 and actually had something worth real value in your hands,  Not pieces of devaluating paper

I say sell all your ASX shares now and collect your 4.6% while you still can… Transfer your wealth into something of real value.

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    crashy wrote:

I thought that you may enjoy reading this article,

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25070960-5018727,00.html

Quote:

Greenies' global warming fire claims just despicable

By ANDREW BOLT

February 18, 2009 12:30am

GLOBAL warming preachers have been crowing over the bushfires in ways not just despicable but dangerous.

Just hours after the first bodies were being recovered, Greens leader Bob Brown was already on television, lecturing us on our sins against the planet.

Rather than confess that green activists had been desperately wrong to oppose fuel reduction burns, Senator Brown was eager to boast that this catastrophe had instead proved them right. About global warming, you know.

"(The fires) are a sobering reminder of the need for this nation and the whole world to act and put at a priority the need to tackle climate change."

Well, actually, Bob, the fires were a sobering reminder of the need to help the victims first, and to fireproof our houses and towns after that. But Senator Brown was soon to be trumped by far louder crows.

Freya Matthews, a La Trobe University "ecological philosopher", wrote in The Age that there was no doubt these fires were caused by our gases: "This is climate change."

ABC presenters religiously took up this lesson of the day on radio and television and declared – falsely – that never had it been this hot. Never had fires burned so fiercely. Global warming was here.

And, sure enough, former Australian of the Year Tim Flannery, another preacher with no formal training in climate science, outdid all his previous exaggerations by directly blaming our gases for these 200 deaths.

"Let's hope that Australians ponder the deeper causes of this horrible tragedy, and change our polluting ways before it's too late," he thundered.

Or as historian Jonathan King put it hysterically, again in The Age: "We humans started this war and now the environment is fighting back."

Really? If so, I wonder whose side of this war these preachers are on?

Preaching green sermons over the dead is vile enough, of course, especially when forest experts insist that green policies on forest management helped to kill so many in the first place.

After all, not even the scientists who believe most fiercely in the theory that man is heating the world to hell are blaming the recent heatwave or the fires that followed on global warming.

Hear that even from Melbourne University's Professor David Karoly, the State Government's chief global warming adviser, who conceded: "It is not possible to attribute any single event to climate change."

But there are two more reasons to reject this crowing of the warmists.

First, the planet actually hasn't warmed for a decade, and we've faced even worse conditions than these before – so we should have prepared for these latest bushfires much better. Shouting "global warming" is just a distraction, or even a ruse.

Second, blaming global warming doesn't only excuse the governments that should have learned from our past, but could mislead us into spending countless billions on a "solution" that will not spare us another such tragedy.

To explain . . .

What the preachers have seized on to blame the fires on man-made warming is that Melbourne suffered its hottest day on record – 46.4C – a week before the flames roared over our towns.

Global warming, right?

Wrong.

First, Melbourne did in fact have a hotter day before, four years before the Bureau of Meteorology started officially recording temperatures.

As the Argus newspaper reported at the time, the temperature on February 6, 1851, soared to 47.2C, helping to superheat the fires that then roared across 10 times more land than was burned last week.

Meanwhile the U.S. state of Maine has just recorded its coldest ever temperature, and Britain is suffering a winter so unusually severe that its National Pensioners Conference has fears one in 12 pensioners could die.

What counts is not some local freak of weather but the global trend – and what NASA's Aqua satellites have detected is that the world has not warmed for a decade.

Don't just take my word for it. Ask the high priests of warming at The Age,  which on Monday ran this attempt to disguise the fact that global warming theory is in trouble: "Last year was the coldest year around the world since 2000 – yet it was still the 10th hottest since records began in 1850 . . ."

Booga booga.

But then there was this other news report last week, under the doom-mongering headline: "Climate change `worse than expected' ": "Fresh data has shown that greenhouse gas emissions have grown by an average of 3.5 per cent a year from 2000 to 2007 . . . more than three times the 0.9 growth rate in the 1960s . . ."

Sorry for all these figures, but think about those two stories for a second. We're told we're now pumping out triple the greenhouse gases that cause global warming . . . yet the world has stopped warming.

Sure, it may start warming again soon. Or not. But global warming theory for now isn't quite working out as we were told.

But I don't just write all this to go nyah-nyah. Normally that's fun, I admit, but too many people are dead for such crowing of my own.

Far more important is that the global warming prophets who now claim that the fires of Armageddon are here, thanks to our polluting ways, are also trying to make you spend more money than we have on a "solution" that won't actually save us from the next big fire.

Bob Brown, for instance, thinks we should protect ourselves by slashing almost all our emissions – a near-impossible task that would cost hundreds of billions of dollars, yet still not change world temperatures by a flicker, not least because our emissions are minuscule compared to, say, China's.

And Flannery insists we should "cease burning coal conventionally by around 2030" – something our coal-fired generators say is impossible without driving them out of business and our cities out of power.

All this, so Australia sets an example to shame the big emitters into cutting their greater gases.

Gases which might not actually cause the warming that might already have stopped anyway. And which didn't cause these fires. Wow.

Do you think those colossal green plans would leave you any safer the next time a fire screams out from the bush?

Think we'll then be safer from the fires that have regularly ravaged this land since Aboriginal settlement?

Let me see if I can sell you a far smaller plan that would cost no more than, say, $4 billion.

For that money I'd build a fire-proof sanctuary in every school in Australia's fire-prone areas, not just to protect the children but to give each community a place of refuge.

I'd find the $20 million we need for a warning system to reach every land line and mobile phone in an area threatened by disaster.

I'd subsidise a bunker for every bush home. And I'd finally spend what it takes to make bush roads safer in fires, and to do the fuel reduction burns that every inquiry into every big fire has warned we needed to protect our towns.

Which plan would leave you safer, do you think: my $4 billion one or the greens' $100 billion and more to "stop " global warming?

cheers

Profile photo of aussiesquidaussiesquid
    Participant
    @aussiesquid

Hey, just discovered this excellent little discussion, WOW!! Some of you people really know your science and history and politics and stuff!!! NOT!!!

Military industrial complex!! Man that phrase alone is worth at least 5 positively geared properties!!
    CO2 buildup will cause climate change!! There is no doubt about this at all. It is the premise behind the "Global Warming" hullaballoo that does need to be scrutinised.
    Why are the bleeding hearts trying to have us believe that it is the industrial situation of the planet that is totally responsible??
    The planets biosphere converts CO2 to oxygen which most other life requires.
    The major component of this biosphere the giant trees of the forest are being cleared at a rate never before seen.
    Not only did they absorb CO2 they absorbed heat and converted it with the CO2 into energy to grow and proliferate, thereby maintaining the natural balance.
    When you come right down to it , it is the human race with it's viruslike population explosion which requires space and electricity and manufactured goods that is the problem, limit population, all other problems become moot.

"Military Industrial Complex" That is GOLD!!!

@hbbehrendorff
    aussiesquid wrote:
    Hey, just discovered this excellent little discussion, WOW!! Some of you people really know your science and history and politics and stuff!!! NOT!!!

Military industrial complex!! Man that phrase alone is worth at least 5 positively geared properties!!
    CO2 buildup will cause climate change!! There is no doubt about this at all. It is the premise behind the "Global Warming" hullaballoo that does need to be scrutinised.
    Why are the bleeding hearts trying to have us believe that it is the industrial situation of the planet that is totally responsible??
    The planets biosphere converts CO2 to oxygen which most other life requires.
    The major component of this biosphere the giant trees of the forest are being cleared at a rate never before seen.
    Not only did they absorb CO2 they absorbed heat and converted it with the CO2 into energy to grow and proliferate, thereby maintaining the natural balance.
    When you come right down to it , it is the human race with it's viruslike population explosion which requires space and electricity and manufactured goods that is the problem, limit population, all other problems become moot.

"Military Industrial Complex" That is GOLD!!!

Typical globalist extremist propaganda,  Also typical response to Ignorance,  If you don't know or understand something laugh at the people who talk about it and say it does not exist.

A 5 star general of the United States military,  The Supreme commander of the US forces in the European theater during WW2,   was one of the greatest commanders of all time and was also the 34th president of the united states warned the world that there was a coup taking place by the military industrial complex,  But i am sure you have much better knowledge and understanding them him…. by him I mean, General Eisenhower,  But hey, It doesn't exist.

Just like how the NWO doesn't exist,  The hundreds of political officials and documents leaked by groups like the UN, Bilderburg, Club of Rome talk about things like: Globalism,  One world governence,  mass population reduction and control, loss of libertys and other such talks of tyranny by Elite groups.  Hell, even lord Rudd is calling for Stalisnism and a NWO  http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/general/time-for-a-new-world-order-pm/1421121.aspx

But hey,  It dosent even exist,  so you just sit there like a big boy and snicker at everyone who is more informed then you are.

Also I can't help but say It's nice to see such degenerate type people on this site like you who believe that procreation along with the elements of life should be government regulated….  What is your age ?  You look like your getting old… 50+ ?  I think its time we sent you to the chambers,  You have already used up your fair share of earth's resources…. 

How about your children ? do you have any ?  Would you support the Gestapo comming and forcing your daughter to have an abortion like they do in china ?

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner
    Hum…a fun debate turned ugly, can we talk about Global Warming? I love conspiracy theories myself, like the pictures of the moon landing, but lets stay on topic.
    Global Warming!!  Love it!

Now strictly speaking, the name "global warming" is an oxi moron (pun intended) since the globe can not get warmer, you have winter in the north and summer in the south. Just in case, in summer it gets hotter. In winter colder. No surprises there.
    So almost at the same time that we get a hot summer, Alaska experiences the coldest temperature records since 1904. Well it makes a lot of sense, sort of balances out.

Since by using reliable data records of temperature and discarding the data were someone rubbed the thermometer or dunked it in his Caffe Latte, it is easy to see that average temperatures have remained the same for a decade or so. The Bishops and Cardinals of the Global Warming religion, have changed the name with such alacrity from Global warming to Climate change that it seems they are following orders from Albove. 
    In fact you hardly ever hear global warming anymore unless it is in the headlines of some newspaper during a heat wave.

I tell you I don't mind a iota, climate change is not an oximoron, conceded an improvement, but is a tautology.  Climate buy definition is and can not be steady and must change. It would be like saying "multicolored rainbow".

So in principle I have no conflicts with the expression "climate change", besides the fact that it screams ignoramus from the roof tops. I can not but think of Alexander Pope and his famous sentence "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing", but hey…who am I to judge? There are those who believe in ghosts and zombies and I can live with that too. I am a very tolerant 4wdriver

The problem then is not to debate the changes in climate, are they there or not?… is the polar cup melting?… Will Polynesia be underwater? can we feed the polar bears chopped up cat carcasses?, or any of those interesting speculation…The only REAL topic of debate in this whole idea of global melting or climate steadiness or lack of it, is CAUSE and EFFECT.

Al the great, since losing the election has been given a new task. Convince the earth the sky is falling and we are the makers of such catastrophe. Simple.

Nothing better than a good disaster to bolster politicians power and the crowd willingness to oblige to further screws or tighteinig of the said.
    How to do it? How to convince us that we are at fault? Nothing better than the car. If the car and the aircon are at fault we must be all in it.
    So big Al decided to resurrect Margaret Tatcher's old fabricated theory of CO2. Theory she paid for her own scientist to make up in order to discredit coal in favour of nuclear power during the coal miners strike.
    It all snowballed from there and we are all experts in all of this, except one small little detail. Just like its origin were false and a fabrication, the rest we heard at nauseam is also false and just as fabricated.

And if CO2 is not the CAUSE of the real or imaginary changes in climate, changes that are just as natural as they have ever been and have been occuring for the last xx million years, the EFFECT of reducing our minuscule contribution to a gas that is marginal as a greenhouse gas will be NIL. If no cause then no effect. Rather basic concepts. So if we did not contribute to the changes, we can not affect their natural course, like it or lump it.
     And before you jump to post tables of percentages with CO2 listed as the TOP greenhouse gas, please consider including in the list of gases, water. Yes, it seems water is absent from most climate alarmist data yet is responsible for the vast majority of the greenhouse effect.

As a side thought, please spare a spark or two for the fact that CO2, far from being a pollutant is in fact the very gas that makes life possible on this planet. No CO2 no photosynthesis, no photosynthesis no life, no salads and no T bone stake. The increase in CO2 from human activity has resulted in higher than average crops and faster growth in forests. Not bad, so keep on driving 4wd the larger the better, specially if diesel, and don't be embarrassed if you need to burp. It is all for a good cause. More CO2 = bigger crops larger forests. (I await eagerly the comment that will contribute data with the gaseous mix of a burp)

As a final thought let me say also that "greenhouse effect" has had a bad wrap really uncalled for. If it wasn't for the greenhouse effect we would be all dead, and the earth scorched to a cinder during the day and frozen stiff during the night just like on the moon.

Having said this or rather having written this, I am well aware that it is not reason that keeps the preachers in their pulpit since they themselves have never seen God, it is faith.
    Equally, for the preachers of this new world religion of Al Global warming, the end justify the means and since we are all unbelievers in need of educating, they will stop at nothing in order to achieve unified response from the faithful and ridicule and deportation upon the unbeleiver who will only see fire and brimstone as the result of their lack of faith.

Please check your emails for the next 4wd burning ceremony.

@hbbehrendorff

Well its nice to know there are still some sane people around here. I like your post,  I wish more people would make posts half as good as that.

I hope I don't go off on a tangent here like I normally do….

Its like the new discovery of a snake estimated to be 1.2 tons in Columbia ,  They say the temperatures where much hotter then present and life in general was much bigger and plant life was more lush.

But yes, as you say,  Increased levels of the life element C02 is actually like plants on steroids,  And I come from a long generation of farmers,  And everyone knows that increased temperatures and hotter days yields bigger and better crops ! But hey ! C02 is evil and bad and we need government regulation and taxation !

You know,  As I have said months ago,  If the government was truly concerned about the levels of C02 they would be spending a few million dollars (Imagine how many tree's you could plant for a million dollars) on planting tree's to soak up the C02,  NOT introduce world government and have carbon credits that we all have to pay for from the world bank !

Think of the hundreds of billions of dollars that will be generated from taxation on everything to do with Carbon… Food, Power, Cars,  Animals…  Almost everything in your life is involved with carbon… Now do your own sums,  If they spent 1% of that money on planting tree's it would solve our so called problem that doesn't even exist anyway.

But no,  That money will go straight to the central banks of the world and be spent on programs such as furthering the world governance agenda and depopulation programs in third world countries… along with 1st world ones…and don't even get me started on the Vatican…. There fate and ultimate doom is written in the book of Revelations… But that's a whole other subject.

Profile photo of ScampScamp
    @scamp

I believe in "Global warming" in that the world's weather pattern is shifting, but I don't believe in the theory behind it. I believe it's a natural phenomena, just like ice ages, and this latter has been scientifically proven ( they have ways to probe these things, from polar ice analysis etc.. )

Profile photo of Tinsel777Tinsel777
    @tinsel777

Just stumbled across this topic & I haven't had so much comic relief in ages! Very entertaining!

Must agree though that GW is just a big scam. The planet has regular climate cycles that repeat, always has & always will as long as it is around.

Here is a great article having a 'dig' at climate change but it is so true; https://www.predictweather.co.nz/assets/articles/article_resources.php?id=139 (very funny).

Here is another article that cements the fact that so called 'experts' have continually 'got it wrong'!
    https://www.predictweather.co.nz/assets/articles/article_home.php?id=45

Definition of an 'expert' – A drip under pressure!

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

I hardly think we need ice cores to prove such logical things like planet cycles but what we've done to the place in only 100 yrs is no planet cycle , that's why there's a hole in the sky.

This mightn't be it be she's a very obvious done deal if you ask me it's just a question when !

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner
    We live in an era of fulfillment of dreams.
    When I was a kid, people would define an impossible con, one that is so obvious no one can pull it off, in this way:
    Sell tinned air or bottle tap water.

When tinned air is something that can be purchased as a holiday souvenir and a bit of a joke, we have been purchasing tap water at  the same price of wine. In fact some go as far as purchasing tap water from Italy or France. Geniuses!

Another classic was to say "to tax the air we breathe". Carbon tax does exactly that.

If you add to that the tax on circulation of cars via e-tags, the tax to keep and to withdraw you own money from a bank you have no choise to be placed there by your employer, you have the realisations of dreams that would have made Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Churchill, Franco and why not Margaret Tatcher's mouth water. I think that only the Pharaoh in Egypt had as much control as governments have over us today. And it is no small wonder that this is achieved through a form of religion.
     Fanaticism and religious zeal, followed by their counterpart, the battle against fanaticism and religious zeal that is in itself another religion, are responsible for almost all wars and human misery in the last 5000 years. Should I point out wich religion caused the demise of people in bush fires this time and all the other times?

And no, we don't learn from our mistakes.
    We only refine them.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.