All Topics / General Property / global warming “scam” huh?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

yeah what a scam, its only 47 degrees!

and I heard the previous record of 9 days 40+ will be smashed…….now 12 days!

those dodgy scientists had us all worried for nuthin!

lets all keep driving our 4wds in the CBD eh?

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    crashy wrote:

yeah what a scam, its only 47 degrees!

Boobloodyhoo, told ya to forget about that GW crap and buy near the water where is much cooler but noooo…..you listened to dodgy scientists and moved in the hills because they predicted sea levels to rise  and drown us in our sleep. Now you've discovered that heat rises to the top and you've got scammed ?   

Quote:

and I heard the previous record of 9 days 40+ will be smashed…….now 12 days!

Yippee, we're going for the record. I knew  that surrounding the CBD concrete jungle with hundreds of thousand of tightly packed roofs is the way to go.  Still, don't celebrate too soon in case it doesn't qualify as a record because we've had an unfair advantage with millions of aircond compressors helping to pump extra hot air.  But now that we know it works we can always try again next summer and with a bit of planning I'm sure we can do much better then just 47C. 

Anyone with a house on a 700sqm block could help by subdividing the block and replacing the backyard lawn with a brand new brick house.  The government could help by legislating that all land released in the new estates be limited to a maximum 350sqm per lot and all new houses built on them be constructed from bricks. Each house  should have at least  170sqm of living area, preferably  dark roofs covering at least 250sqm and  any remaining land covered by dark pavers.

It would also help with any future record breaking attempts if we could have councils ban all the reflective corrugated  zinc roofs and have them replaced them with something more fashionable like black tile roofs.   

Its up to us to succeed so lets work closely together (and live even closer) and I'm confident we can become the hottest place on Earth.

Quote:

those dodgy scientists had us all worried for nuthin!

Last night another one of these dodgy scientists came on TT to do some more scaremongering. The current heatwaves, floods and cyclones are all caused by the GW and temperatures have been going up by  0.2C a year. ( hopefully by paying for research now  we can avoid temperatures reaching boiling point in 100 years)

He was also sure that in the future Australia  will continue to experience cyclones,  floods and drought but the good news is that at least for now the worst may be over and the temperatures will start falling over the next few months.  Someone should have told that clown that  its called Winter and its been known to cause a drop in temperatures previously.  Or maybe they've  sent him on TV to rattle the tin for some more funds so they can start research into the new culprit ?

Quote:

Indian Ocean is drought culprit

THE main cause of our droughts and flooding rains has been traced to the waters of the Indian Ocean, according to a new report from the University of NSW which could overturn decades of weather research.

The study shows that the cycle of El Nino and La Nina events, which have long been thought to play a major role in south-east Australia's weather patterns, are in fact less important than the Indian Ocean.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/indian-ocean-is-drought-culprit/2009/02/04/1233423310800.html

Are these the same guys you trust to predict 100 years into the future ?

Quote:
    lets all keep driving our 4wds in the CBD eh?

crashy, that may not be such a bad idea.
    Looking at the Northern Hemisphere recently , who after all are the biggest polluters on the planet,  it seems they are returning to the Ice Age .

Quote:
    The biggest snowfall to hit London in 18 year –
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28972533/

and

Quote:
    Parts of south-east England had more than an inch of snow last night while London experienced its first October snowfall in more than 70 years as winter conditions arrived early.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/29/weather-london

So all you latte drinking new age CBD dwelling guys out there if you can't  handle the heat then stop using public transport to get to work and buy yourselves a large 4WD like a petrol powered Patrol.  ( if you can't afford one then any of old V8 gas guzzler that can burn at least 20L/100km and put out CO2  of at least 400g/km will do and if anyone asks just say you are into recycling or driving classic cars  )   

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy
    harb wrote:
    Looking at the Northern Hemisphere recently , who after all are the biggest polluters on the planet,  it seems they are returning to the Ice Age .

harb, its GLOBAL warming…..not hemisphere warming buddy! there isnt a "northern hemisphere CO2 tank" ya know.

secondly, you realise its winter there right?

thirdly, an armchair scientist like you would surely know that global warming symptoms include colder winters, ie worse extremes?

fourthly, didnt the U.S & UK have record heat waves during their summer?

as for A/C heat pumps, that has NO net effect on warming, since it merely transports heat from one place to another. no heat is "created". you could however argue that the electricity used to run them contributes to global warming.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

There was a news artical the other day stating they found the fossil of what they believe to be the biggest snake that ever lived. It died off well after the dinasaurs. They also said that due to its size they believe the temperatures were hotter at that time.

I also heard that the ice is melting of greenland. GLOBALWARMING they yell. Well they are happy about it as they can now farm the land like it use to be farmed in the past. It use to be farmed before ???.    So yes things are warming but it has not been proven that this is not part of a bigger cycle.

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester
    crashy wrote:
    harb, its GLOBAL warming…..not hemisphere warming buddy! there isnt a "northern hemisphere CO2 tank" ya know.

thirdly, an armchair scientist like you would surely know that global warming symptoms include colder winters, ie worse extremes?

as for A/C heat pumps, that has NO net effect on warming, since it merely transports heat from one place to another. no heat is "created". you could however argue that the electricity used to run them contributes to global warming.

I am and have always been with Harb and Devo here (unlike property).

You can describe climate change as global warming if you want. Trouble with that is that global warming has now been associated with a phenomenom caused by humans, where as climate change is not.

Yes, the planet is heating up and sometime within the next 1000 or so years it will get very cold again but this is predominantly because of the way the Earth moves around the sun, on it's axis and the way the bodies in our solar system interact with each other. So long as we are clear on that, call it whatever you want.

I like the 'dawing of the age of aquarius' myself.

@harb
    crashy wrote:
    harb wrote:

First, if its GLOBAL warming why are they having the first October snow in 70 years and biggest London snowfall in 18 years ? Or is only our part of the GLOBE that is warming  ?

Quote:

Hmmm… That would explain why  "PARTS of Australia will be hotter than the African plains or Middle Eastern deserts this weekend," 
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,25015424-2,00.html?from=public_rss

Quote:

So how is it Global Warming if the Northern Hemisphere is getting colder and experiencing colder winters ? Or is it only GW during summer GC during winter ?  Maybe they should change it to Climate Changing, or better still….we could all jump up and down in sync until we cause the planet's axis to tilt then we could call these extremes Seasons.  

Quote:

And who are now being compensated with record cold waves ? Overall Global warming  effect = Zero
    While the Eastern seaboard experienced temperatures of 40C+ in the West we had to put up with a miserable 25C so the overall effect is zero warming.

Quote:

Actually only the evaporator coil + condenser coil = NO net effect, the compressor itself does create heat when working.  But besides that or the fact that something like 50% of the heat produced to created the electricity is wasted or the fact that some of that electricity is lost in the way to your home.  You only have "NO effect on warming" if you keep both the evaporator and condenser together inside the same room, which would defeat the purpose of having an A/C in the first place.

By cooling the inside the house you are heating the outside of it, so while you are right and the heat pump's overall effect on warming the planet is almost none the only reported temperatures are the outside ones. ( which have been artificially heated up by your heat pump) 

A while a few heat pumps alone may hardly make any difference we now have millions of them which get turned on whenever the temperatures get high in the city. The reverse applies in winter which as you admit are now getting colder. Since human activity  is similar to a heat pump and has NO overall net effect on the planet temperatures it  blows the Global Warming theory out of the water.

@harb
    ummester wrote:
    I am and have always been with Harb and Devo here (unlike property).

Not to worry, you'll come around with that too sooner or later.

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

I have read that the melting snow goes into the northern oceans changing the salt content which then changes the flow of warm currents which is what keeps the northern lands warm which means an Ice Age is coming to the northern european lands………..etc. Which ever way you look at it, there is change a coming very quickly to the Global Weather.   Just look at Australia at the moment…record rain and floods up north……record draught and heat down south….

What is the answer……..the ultimate answer…..wasn't it 48 ?? please correct me if I'm wrong  ( hint hitch hikers guide ).

Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

ahhaha, I love it,  Channel 10 says some kind of crap and everyone Parrots that like a little parrot,  Global Cooling is evidence of Global Warming lmao

What ? who ever said that seasons exist,  That's just a conspiracy made up by Al queda

You know earth has experienced temperatures much more vast then we are today,  Yet somehow now,  Its caused by fluctuation made by cows and we need to tax and regulate it.

Does anyone know how photosynthesis works ? maybe you should look it up and you will discover that the government is lying and that c02 IS NOT a toxic bad bad naughty substance made by the bolshevik. 

In fact not only do plants breath the stuff but WATER is 1/3 c02,  When will the ordinary people wake up and learn that the government and a handful of scientists are lying to them so that the whole life support system of the world can be government regulated ?

hmmm, see, what else can we regulate through regulating c02 ?  Cars, Electricity, Housing, Transportation, Food, Heating, Animals, Human reproduction policy ???

Come on, can't someone see the truth here ?

Participant
    @crashy

Im confused…..all you "scam" theorists WANT more polution & cars with crappy gas milage?

you are all so busy shouting "Im smarter than Al Gore" that you seem to be forgetting that you are actually encouraging the rest of us to screw the planet up just because you think we are being "scammed" into cleaning up the planet. I dont care really if its a scam, I want the planet I had as a kid back…..

Participant
    @crashy
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    everyone Parrots that like a little parrot

wow! blow us away with your articulate & cunning use of the english language…..

hbbehrendorff wrote:
    c02 IS NOT a toxic bad bad naughty substance

well you try breathing it for 2 mins then! I can assure you, you WILL die, and it is therefore by definition, TOXIC

hbbehrendorff wrote:
    WATER is 1/3 c02

really? I was prettty sure water = h20, ie one atom of oxygen with 2 atoms hydrogen. no CO2 at all.

hbbehrendorff wrote:

dont worry, I see it. yet another clown who's mummy didnt give him enough attention, trying to convince the world how smart & valuable he is……

@hbbehrendorff
    crashy wrote:
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    everyone Parrots that like a little parrot

wow! blow us away with your articulate & cunning use of the english language…..

WOW,  I thought It was quite smart at the time,  I didn't realise this was centennial impress crashy day with my uber vocabulary

hbbehrendorff wrote:
    c02 IS NOT a toxic bad bad naughty substance

well you try breathing it for 2 mins then! I can assure you, you WILL die, and it is therefore by definition, TOXIC

Well Actually,  according to the dictionary,  A Toxin is "A poisonous substance produced during the metabolism and growth of certain microorganisms and some higher plant and animal species"

Also if you bothered to take science class over P.E you would have known that Oxygen is probably more harmful then C02 considering the fact that oxygen causes oxidation which destroys basically EVERYTHING on the planet given enough time,  Its also one of the main arguments towards the aging process,  Ever remember being told to eat plenty of anti oxidant's to live longer ???

As for the breathing C02 thing mmmm,  how about we watch you breath Water for 2 minutes and see what happens shall we ?

hbbehrendorff wrote:
    WATER is 1/3 c02

really? I was prettty sure water = h20, ie one atom of oxygen with 2 atoms hydrogen. no CO2 at all.

C02 dissolves in water buddy,  Also I don't think you realise what c02 is made off… yes 2/3 oxygen.

hbbehrendorff wrote:

dont worry, I see it. yet another clown who's mummy didnt give him enough attention, trying to convince the world how smart & valuable he is……

Then if your that much smarter you should realise that this silly back and forth dribble is frivolous.  But I think that no matter what anyone says you will still believe what the military industrial complex tells you and laugh at those you actually really find the true facts,  instead of yes,  PARROTING the same crap the TV has dished out to you your whole life

Maybe you should go back a few steps and learn WHY they are introducing c02 regulation,  And also study HISTORY and learn how governments work and what they do….

Why don't you read some books on globalism and the elites plan for the future,  maybe you should start with david rockefeller's memoir, some NWO books or maybe you could just listen to what people like henry kissinger say ?

While your doing that,  Maybe you could point me into the direction of 1 good scentific report that proves Global Warming… ? Because I don't think i've seen one to date…

@devo76

Yeah. Bloody scientoligy crap.???????  That is what we are talking about right??  No thats right. Its those bloody aliens anal probing everyone and releasing fart gas into the atmoshpere…   Man the world is gone to pot.  Did you here they are trying to change the direction of the Earths rotation. Somthing about Sydney wanting sunsets not sunrises over the water.  Its that Binladen bloke im sure. 

@hbbehrendorff
    devo76 wrote:
    Yeah. Bloody scientoligy crap.???????  That is what we are talking about right??  No thats right. Its those bloody aliens anal probing everyone and releasing fart gas into the atmoshpere…   Man the world is gone to pot.  Did you here they are trying to change the direction of the Earths rotation. Somthing about Sydney wanting sunsets not sunrises over the water.  Its that Binladen bloke im sure. 

Im not quite sure about the aliens anal probing people and releasing fart gas,  But I know the government is regulating Farm Animals across the world,  Yes farmers have to pay for the methane gas from animal fluctuations,  All animals will be forced to take the "mark of the beast?"  RFID microchip and when a farmer registers one of his cows a day late they will send out the Enviromantal Gestapo with Taser guns,  Seize the farmers land and charge him with Enviromantal Terorism

Well thats even if your criminal government will give you a permit to own a animal in the first place….

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081230165231.aspx

@devo76

Wow they are worried about cows releasing fart gas and they are going to sneak up and tazer them. FAARRK. imagine the gas release then. Woo hoo.

Profile photo of AnnanAnnan
    Participant
    @annan

WORLD TAX IS WHAT IT IS.

why not charge oil companies directly for every liter of petroleum sold around the planet in addition to the emissions released in order to produce the petroleum…….Im sure this will never happen. MONEY RUNS THE WORLD and that includes politics.

At the end of the day do people and large corporations really have our interests at heart or is it the money and jobs they will create by introducing a world wide industry where governments sign up. WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA im sure the NWO or the worlds elite are having fun in their private jets, power boats , air conditioned offices really care about global warming Im sure AL gore doesn't live a hippy lifestyle but funny that he promotes it limosines and all.

Im sure that thier are genuine people out there that believe and really want to help our planet. But I DONT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE BOUGHT THIS TO SUCH WORLDWIDE ATTENTION AND REQUEST THE TAXES DO YOU?????????

Profile photo of MisterMister
    @mister

Of course there'll be Global warming , we don't need scientists to tell us that.

Lets see . Ahh , we've polluted and stolen 90% of our rivers and water ways , blown a hole in the sky and now the genius is to hang on, got it ! Sky's capput , will shove it in the ground , now that's clever .
    We've bored and gouged holes all over it miles deep , butchered 90% of it's trees , over 25 billion in Australia alone and still going , stolen it's minerals , gas's and oils , smothered it in bitumen and concrete and we're probably melting it's ice .
    Every built in natural cooling system the planet has lived on for billions of years , we've taken or destroyed .

It is psychically impossible not to get it, the planet has nothing left in it's kitty to go on defending itself with .

Does a house get hot and cold with a hole in it's roof and things coming in and out that we don't like in our lounge room ? Wouldn't surprise me if we all get sucked through that baby one day , free space travel !

Ummm , Cheers

Participant
    @crashy

all you NWO believers should ask yourselves:

1. how does my belief help me to live a longer, happier life?
    2. how does my belief help me to make money?
    3. do all my rantings about NWO enrich or detract from others lives?

@harb
    crashy wrote:

While we waiting for a reply from the NWO believers I'm putting the same questions to the GW worriers,

Does worrying about something that may happen in 100 years, something that even the "experts" can't agree on and  something that despite our fat big egos its very likely beyond our control help you sleep better at night ? 
    Will the constant scaremongering and  moving goalposts cause you to "live a longer, happier life" , help you "make money", "enrich or detract from others lives"  or  will it cause you to live in constant fear, cost you money and make you reach for the antidepressants every time you hear the words GW ?

And how does GW theory  fit in with the fact that it took 100 years to break the 1908 heatwave record ? Since humans didn't start mass polluting for a few more years was there an outbreak of bovine Viral Gastroenteritis causing excessive flatulence that could be blamed for the 1908 heatwaves ?

@hbbehrendorff
    crashy wrote:

Typical selfish self centered denial attitude,  But what you don't have the wisdom to realize is that what affects everyone else will one day affect you.

I'm just being realistic,  Your choosing to be ignorant and put your head in the sand,  As with my rantings,  There purpose is to empower peoples lives with the force of knowledge….  You only see that as a negative thing.  Should I choose the path of all the so called "expert" economics and yell 2008 recovery,  2009 recovery,  2010 MEGA BOOM….  ???

What help has that done to all the innocent people who listened to the mainstream and now have 50% or less of there retirement wiped away ?

Wait a minute,  If I recall correctly,  Your one of the savvy people who told everyone on the forum a few months ago to jump in the stock market and put everything they have into shares because you where calling the "bottom" and there was going to be a big ASX recovery boom by now…. mmm  ASX 3458.1 and jumping all around the place… its February and its still obvious that we are in a bear market trend…  Lets see how much money you have lost by christmas shall we ?

Do you know what the biggest cause of has been during the 19th century ?   Ill tell you,  Its Democide and its estimated that over  262 million (some people estimate over half a billion) people have died from it in the past 100 years….  And you sit there behind your comp and tell us about things you don't even understand and say that they don't even exist.

Oh yeh,  And im still waiting for that compelling scientic report about Global Warming….  I would be interested in reading it…. maybe just like the nwo it dosent exist

Have a nice day.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.