Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of laiyee2000laiyee2000
    @laiyee2000

Hi,

I would like to know if having a bathtub increases or decreases your property value?

thanks

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi,
    It depends on who you are marketing your property towards. Is it a trendy apartment/unit meant to entice young singles/couples without kids or a house meant for families?
    I'm not sure how it affects value, but the singles/couple may prefer a double shower or double vanity. Someone with kids or planning them will definately prefer a bath, even if its only the smallest one. I think this would apply for resale and rental prospects.
    Just my opinion,
    Sue

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

yup, a bath is always good for a family rental, I would think not having one would be a detraction to a property.  I've just bought one, and they have renovated and taken it out, however, I have the chance as its a high set to build in downstairs, add a bedroom and another bathroom, and yup, the bath will go in there, even if its a shower over the bath situation, at least gives you the flexability then.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Maybe not improve the value too much, but certainly the appeal factor in most cases.

Without trying to be sexist; most women love baths, and the chances of a woman living in your property at some point are good.

But as Diclem says; who is the target market?

Personally; I would always have one in the property. Without them the bathroom looks empty if it's a big room, and looks like a powder room if it's a small room.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

well if it comes to a choice between shower and bath….go the shower everytime.  And none of that 'shower over the bath' business. Everyone hates those. If it's a small bathroom, put in a shower and towel cupboard.

Regardless of Marc's comments I think the last time I had a bath was over 9yrs ago when I was pregnant.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.