All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling Land in QLD Without a scolicior

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

Hello,
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to SELL a block of land in QLD without a solicitor?

Is there a QLD Government website or something?

Last time i used my regular it was nearly 1k so i figure i can do it myself, and the sale should be a lot easier than a purchase.

thanks

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there
    there is no website as such but you may want to consider some of the DIY packages which would help you through the process.
    Sorry can't recommend any because I don't usually use them.
    If you are using real estate agent to sell your property – they will prepare any contract for you.
    If you have a mortgage on the land you will need to liaise with your bank to discharge the mortgage (get in early with this – as it is the major cause of delays for a settlement)
    The Buyer normally prepares the Transfer of Land so the only thing you really need to do is check any settlement figures sent to you and make sure your bank is ready to settle.
    Hope that helps

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

To save around $340 do you think it is worth the risk ?

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

well the last one cost me $700 to sell a block, i told him he was too exy, then he had all these additional costs.  I have seen some cheaper ones around so i might go with one of them instead.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Go to an 'el cheapo' conveyancer – still have all the necessary qualifications and professional indemnity insurances.

If doing it yourself, you need to ensure that any mortgage over the property has been cancelled by the bank (and transferred to any other property if you want to keep the prepaid stamp duty).

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

keep the prepaid stamp duty??  What is this and how does this work, i am interested?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

This relates to the stamp duty on your mortgage (not on your property transfer) – I keep my loans rolling over for as long as possible and shift the asset/security to the new property.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yvaw

Transferring the duty is only possible if you have simultanous settlements on the 2 properties and is not available with every institution especially the securitised lenders.

Let me know if you want the recomendation of a good conveyancer in Brissie who covers the whole of Qld and i will give you my solicitors details. She has done around 200 transactions for me personally o ver the last 13 years and probably the same number again for forum members i have recommended her too.

Let

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.