All Topics / Help Needed! / Real Estate Ethics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of barney2803barney2803
    Participant
    @barney2803

Hi all again, i dont want to shoot my mouth off, but i wanted to comment.

In the previous post i commented that i have been doing my homework on investing for a long time, and as such I have read HEAPS AND HEAPS of info on property investing, but i have also become very cautious in taking anyones advice, especially from people who write books like "How to get $1M property portfolio in 1 yr" and also like "0 to 260 properties in 7 years" and the like.  Although many people dont like him, I have followed the work of Neil Jenman having had the pleasure of meeting him and being a teacher of his daughters while still teaching in Sydney a few years ago. HOWEVER on a recent flight i was really bored and needing some useful investment information so i was scanning the books in the airport newsagents and found all the books written by Steve.

Cautiously i read the back covers then scanned the contents pages to see what topics were ebing discussed. I settled on the latter book mentioned above simply because there seemed to be a section on subdividing, the topic i am currently looking into. I bought the book and began reading. 

The acknowledgements page begins with a quote from the gospel according to Matthew, which well,,,,, blew me away to begin with. Why on earth would a property guru or even (as i suspected) a spruiker quote the bible, so i cynically read on. To my UTTER amazement the next words were "while this book is about wealth creation, my life has become far richer than i could ever have imagined since accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savoiur in 2001. Its God, not me, who deserves the complete credit for this book! All the thoughts and information I've included reflect the ideas and inspriation provided through prayer".

Well after reading that i was REALLY BLOWN AWAY. I havent finished the book, but i have certainly enjoyed what i have read. I hope to get some more concrete info from the book and i also intend to read Steves other books.

I guess i have one thing to say. If this book is based, as steve says it is, on ideas and inspriation gained through prayer and intercession with Almighty God, then I AM ALL EARS!!!!!

thanks steve, i appreciate you honesty and willingness to give credit where credit is due!!!!!

All the best and God bless,

Barney.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Barney.  Good for you.  In this world there are many peope who hold their faith in god.  Some are for real (Im sure Steve is) and some are quite deceptive.

How do you know which ones to support?

At the end of the day the question comes down to: Can you trust this person?  If Yes then you can move onto their believes, morals, etc.

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

One may be tempted to ask the motives of using mentioning faith-Barney do you really 'believe' god spoke to Steve and gave him all these 'ideas'?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

What does being religous have to do with real estate ethics? I don't get it!!

Profile photo of barney2803barney2803
    Participant
    @barney2803

what does God have to do with real estate ethics?  I say  EVERYTHING!!!! If your beleif in God is real and true then everything you do is governed by that beleif.

Regarding trusting people: As they said in the movie "The italian job" "trust everyone, just dont trust the devil inside of them".  This is true, and in my experience it is unfortunate that many people proport to be religous and in fact simply use it for their own purposes. A true christian will use their God given wisdom and experience to help others, not screw others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.