All Topics / Help Needed! / What is cross collaralised ??

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Crusade

A LOC on an IP are you sure that was wise.

You maybe talking about $300 to cover you release and transfer fees to an altenative lender but that may not be necessary. Have a look at the structure and you may be able to stay put and just get the securities re-worked.

If this is not possible then i assure you the costs of moving will be very worth it in the end.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    New Shared Equity scheme has arrived – Email us for details.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Cruisader

The banks fees for release of security is about $300.

So if you have a LOC setup, you could use that for deposits, but if you have already been using the LOC for other non-business purposes, then it would be better to have a separate one.

Once you start using the LOC for business, stop having your wages etc placed in there. Just pay the interest each month. If you want somewhere to park wages, rents and spare cash you need to set up a 100% offset account, otherwise it will be a nightmare at tax time.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there Richard
    could I just get you to clarify your concerns with respect to a line of credit over an investment property

Profile photo of crusaidercrusaider
    Participant
    @crusaider

Thank you Richard and Terry for couching.

I did not need LOC as I was ahead of paying my home loan. I followed one of the basic rules to eliminate the non tax deductable loan first. When I finally paid it off, I have asked for LOC on one of my IP loans as I did not want to wait until I save enough for a deposit. The plan is to use LOC only as a deposit for my next IP (when I find one).

I actually have 100%Offset Account to park my wages these.

Retrospectivelly, I should have left my home loan open with a few hundred dollars left on it and have the extra cash available for other IPs. Then I would not need to set up LOC. What is the downside of having LOC on IP loan Richard, could you please explain?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.