All Topics / Heads Up! / What the BLeep Do We Know?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Everyone
    Has anyone seen the DVD?

What do you all think NOW???

Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

what DVD are you referring to?

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Tools

Sorry if it wasn’t clear. The docudrama is called “What the BLeeP Do We Know”.

Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of cyclistcyclist
    @cyclist

I am intrigued. Were can I see it or get hold of it?

Cyclist
    http://www.hornsoft.com/realestate/cb.htm?hop=qwertyu

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

I bought mine off ebay
    Have a look at the website. http://www.whatthebleep.com

Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

@cyclist

Very intersting . I reckon I’l have to buy a copy.

Cyclist
    http://www.hornsoft.com/realestate/cb.htm?hop=qwertyu

Profile photo of GBv.GGBv.G
    @gbv.g

Hello there
    Had to add my 5 cents worth. We saw “What the Bleep Do We Know?” before it was released in Australia and were that impressed with it that when we found it on a P2P program, we just felt that as many people as possible had to see it. 95% just didn’t get it but the reaction of the other 5% made the effort worthwhile… I think that people who are receptive to Steve McKnight’s far-sighted, ethical approach to investing would definately get something from this movie…
    GBv.G has spoken.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Yes, I have seen it as a friend lent it to me to watch.

For the main part it contained some very interesting ideas, and some alternative ways to view things.

Where I thought it fell over was with the woman who looked liked Zsa Zsa Gabor. In the end credits, her qualifications was that she ran her own elightenment school, or something. Oh, Please!!!

For me, I have a strong Christian faith, so I don’t subscribe to some of the scientific theories. What it does seem, is that the more we know, the more we find that there is a fabric and a structure well beyond our comprehension.

I love the thought of time travel, and often wonder about fate. To this extent, the movie was worthwhile viewing.

Remember to watch out of the persuasive use of music and visual effect to get an uncertain point across. TV, and Hollywood, are powerful mediums.

For those seeking what’s beyond the obvious, I’d recommend joining a bible study group and looking into what’s written there. That’s what I did when I realised there was more to life than money and property investing.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of iamsootyiamsooty
    @iamsooty

Funny thing about the Christian scene Steve … someone expressed grave doubts that hubby and I could possible have a Christian faith AND be pursuing property acquisition … now we’re struggling to know what one to give up!!! (LOL).

My my … what must they be saying about you Steve!! Oh, I know, they could quote scripture, “What would it profit a man to gain the whole world (now that’s a LOT of real estate) yet lose his own soul.”

(Just a little fun with I am Sooty, hope you don’t mind too much).

@cyclist

I reckon I am a comitted Christian, and I have been pursuing success, real estate etc etc, but lately everywhere I look in the Bible it says to “store up treasures in heaven” or “don’t worry about what you are going to eat” / On the other hand in Old Testament God says “He gives you the power to get wealth “or” the wealth of the nations will come to you”

Now I am totally confused………… Are you supposed to go after it or not? Steve , can you help……… It might sound funny in a way but it is still a real issue to me.[biggrin]

Cyclist

Profile photo of iamsootyiamsooty
    @iamsooty

Cyclist, I am not “storing up riches on earth” – I am doing my best not to be a pain in the proverbial to my kids when I reach pension age and the pension is no longer available …

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

I switched off after the bit about water responding to various messages / thoughts. What they didn’t tell us was that the water had been left outside in sub-zero temperatures and the photographs were, in fact of ice crystals. Naturally, different sources of water have different chemical properties, thus the different crystals… nothing to do with water being able to ‘remember’ messages. And what this had to do with the rest of the rubbishy pseudo-scientific claptrap I’d already endured was rather beyond me.
    After watching it, I had a bit of a google, and came up with these corkers:

Abc Science

SkepDic

The end of the film meanders into speculation about god. Knight tells us that Ramtha has arrived to free you from the gods who determine good and evil and punish you in the process. You can have it anyway you want. You are god. You can return to those wonderful days of childhood when the world really seemed centered around you and was created by your fantasies.

In April of this year I invited one of the film’s directors, William Arntz, along with one of his science consultants, Joe Dispenza, to Portland State University. To put the question of free will and responsibility to the test I put up a photo of a child with Downs Syndrome. I asked if this child was free to create any reality he wanted. Was this child responsible for his condition, I queried? Arnzt responded that in fact he is to blame for his disorder–he is paying for transgressions in a previous life. This is the same doctrine of reincarnation and karma that justified the caste system in India. The same logic blames the patient for their cancer.

What begins as promises of freedom of thought soon evolves into demands for correct thought and behavior. As Satinover says in the film: “People ought to be instructed to make different choices.” The source of the correct ideas is the prophet. The promised payoff for adherence to the dogma is freedom from the fears of death, disease, and misery. The fact that these are deep fears that we are all vulnerable to, sets the stage for rampant exploitation and abuse by charlatans and cults. As J. Z. Knight asks, “Have you ever stopped for a moment to look at yourself through the eyes of the ultimate observer?”

’nuff said.[angry2]

F.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Just a quick comment about the pursuit of wealth creation… bring it back to what Jesus said, in that you can only serve one master.

If money is your master then you have the wrong focus, as it is an idol. God wants to be #1.

There is nothing wrong with seeking to acquire wealth, indeed, many of those featured in the bible were wealthy – from David right the way through those who supported the early missions (as written in the book of Acts).

Search your heart, pray for wisdom, and ask God to show you what you are doing wrong.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi all

Thanks Steve for your insights from a Christian Perspective.

Having been brought up for many years by Christain parents who seemed at the time to have the view that “money is the root of all evil’, and other messages like “how much do you really need?” etc. I now believe these are incredibly limiting beliefs, and have probably got me to where I am now financially. Breaking these little voices is particularly difficult.

I now have the view that “Money” is just “Money”. Neither good, bad or indifferent. It is the way that one acquires or spends and disposes of money that is important. It that is done ethically and with your Christian or other wise beliefs in tact then I can’t see the issue.

I know he is a bit radical in his thinking ( ok another Quantum physics advocate) and is probably more out there than most Christians might care to think but Dr John Demartini wrote a book, How to Make a Hell of a Profit and Still Get to Heaven.

I also have the view that to believe we are not worthy of magnificence and wealth and all that the world has to offer, is somehow displaying a mistrust in our higher power (some call God) that we realy are created to achieve such magnificence.

I think Martin Ayles talked to me about a “receiving issue” If we do not bellieve we deserve to “receive, only give” then where do you think our money will be? with us or someone/somewhere else”?

As far as the DVD is concerned, I had some interesting thoughts after seeing it. I understand and respect others may have had different experiences, all very interesting and thought provoking in any case even if just to give the movie a bad rap, who cares, it was just a DVD and I hardly wathc them anyhow.

Maybe I have completely lost the plot in all this but I don’t think so.
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of GBv.GGBv.G
    @gbv.g

Hello again
    I have to confess (and please pardon the pun…) that I come from a rather different perspective with regard to ‘religious persuasion’ or belief, although I criticize nobody for theirs and expect the same in return. Having said that, for those that are concerned about what, on one level, appears to be a conflict between wealth creation and Christian ethics, might like to read a book by Dr Russell Conwell titled Acres of Diamonds. It was available at http://www.AsAManThinketh.net as a free eBook, but I haven’t checked lately if it’s still there. If not, contact me at [email protected] and I can send it to you.
    To quote: “Money printed your Bible, money builds your churches, money sends your missionaries, and money pays your preachers, and you would not have many of them, either, if you did not pay them.”
    Again, GBv.G has spoken…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.