All Topics / Creative Investing / Vendor Finance compared to Traditional Finance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of pyramidpyramid
    Participant
    @pyramid

I am trying to compile a comparison between Vendor Finance and Traditional Finance to show prospective wrapees so that they can make an informed decision. Here is a start. Any more thoughts from Forum contributors will be most appreciated.

Advantages
    Easier to qualify for compared to traditional finance
    Can work with a lower deposit
    Can settle anytime without penalty (unlike some traditional finance)
    Assistance from Wraper with purchase price negotiation when buying a specific property
    No mortgage insurance like traditional finance if greater than 80% LVR

Disadvantages
    More expensive than traditional finance
    First home owners don’t benefit from stamp duty exemptions as it is paid for by the Wraper and passed on as a closing cost
    Wraper has a mark-up on the property price

Cheers
    Pyramid

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Pyramid

In your Disadvantages list you mention; “First home owners don’t benefit from stamp duty exemptions as it is paid for by the Wraper and passed on as a closing cost”

In NSW wrapees receive the stamp duty exemptions and access to the FHOG on exchange of the Instalment Contract (if they are first home buyers).

Would you mind explaining what you mean by; “as it is paid for by the Wraper and passed on as a closing cost”?

Cheers, Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Pyramid

Paul beat me to it pointing the Stamp Duty error.

Don’t now which State you are in but a lot of our deals in Qld have No Deposit let alone little deposit.

Flexibility is another one whereby you can tailor the product to suit i.e Instalment contract or License to Occupy. If LTO purchaser may still be entitled to rental assistance.

I disagree that it is always more expensive than traditional finance. have a look at what HLP, Bluestone, Liberty etc are charging on a 95/100% deal with defaults or past Bankrupcy. Assuming they will go that high anyway even with secondary mez private finance.

If you are looking at wrapping in Qld i am happy to let you have a copy of our Q & A we send out to all of our Vendor Finance enquiries we receive.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

A major disadvantage is that the wrapee does not have the title to the property until all payments are made. If the wrapper finaces finacial problems, they might not be able to deliver clear title to the wrapee.

In traditional finance, the mortgagee has the titlle from day one!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of pyramidpyramid
    Participant
    @pyramid

Hi Paul
    In response to your question
    “In your Disadvantages list you mention; “First home owners don’t benefit from stamp duty exemptions as it is paid for by the Wraper and passed on as a closing cost”

In NSW wrapees receive the stamp duty exemptions and access to the FHOG on exchange of the Instalment Contract (if they are first home buyers).

Would you mind explaining what you mean by; “as it is paid for by the Wraper and passed on as a closing cost”?”

In NSW, if I buy a property for a wrapee, say for $300k, I will have to pay the stamp duty on it (say $8k). So my closing costs will be $308k plus other costs. Say, I add my mark up and onsell the property on a wrap at $340k. The wrapee (FHOG qualifier) does not pay a stamp duty on the $340k but has in effect paid it on the original purchase of $300k. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
    Pyramid

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Pyramid, I think you will find wrappees will also ahve to pay stamp duty on their purchase (within 3 months of exchange in NSW) of $340,000 – unless they are first home owners.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

In Qld within 30 days from that date of the Contract going uncondition unless exemption applies as a FTB under threshold but other wise you pay it on the $340K.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.