All Topics / General Property / Is positive cash flow a positive experience …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Some of my friends who own a positive cash flow property wish they never had.

They say that their properties are not growing in value and because they are old the maintence is a real issue.

If they put their rents up the tennants leave and take on a newer property in the same area for the same out lay.

What are your thoughts on old properties …

resiwealth

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Must be in terrible suburbs or maybe they have bought some where at the peak of the market.

Where are these places Resi????
    Wouldn’t be Chinchila,it’s more than doubled in the last 12 months

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

I absolutely love old buildings that are cashflow positive. Can’t get enough of them. The rusty old tin sheds I bought are great and the tenants don’t want to go anywhere, having just signed up for a 4 yr term with a 2 yr option hanging off the end of that.

The best thing is these tenants love area for laying their stuff down, and I’ve got plenty of dirt….and boy is that old. Best thing is it needs no renovation cost at all, generates lots of income and continually goes up in value.

With the tenants having just spent $ 45K doing up the place for me before moving in – I think they’ll be there a while.

The +CF old place has certainly been a positive experience for me.

Now if you are talking residential…absolutely, people won’t pay you one cent extra for large blocks and when it comes to the building component, it’s apparently all at the Landlord’s cost and if they don’t like it they just up and shift. A very strange game indeed to play, especially the people playing it out the back of whoop whoop.

Profile photo of willy123willy123
    @willy123
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

[navy]I absolutely love old buildings that are cashflow positive. Can’t get enough of them. The rusty old tin sheds I bought are great and the tenants don’t want to go anywhere, having just signed up for a 4 yr term with a 2 yr option hanging off the end of that.

Anymore of these around? doubt it!!!

Kim

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey Resi wealth man,

It can be a hassle if their is only 10 to $20 a week + cashflow in the old houses.It doesnt take much to have a $500repair bil in a 12 month period.
    But in saying that you usually get a bit of capitol growth each year on top if you buy wisely.
    Their are deals out there delivering better returns than this.I would say to yr mates to persevere and maybe sell the worst ones of their portfolio and be a bit more careful next deal.

All the best
    Dematio

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4
    willy123 Posted – 02/11/2005 : 09:44:40

Quote:
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

[navy]I absolutely love old buildings that are cashflow positive. Can’t get enough of them. The rusty old tin sheds I bought are great and the tenants don’t want to go anywhere, having just signed up for a 4 yr term with a 2 yr option hanging off the end of that.

Anymore of these around? doubt it!!!

Kim

Kim,
    I think you’ll find that Dazzling’s IP is Commercial building. He doesn’t like residential IPs very much – too many tenant hassles for him.

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.