All Topics / Help Needed! / Need good investors?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of sampsonsampson
    @sampson

We have 11 units in a thriving town where industry is expanding every day.

Problem: We have listed these units with an agent. We feel that the agent is not chasing investors hard enough and are looking at only local people who would live in the units. We do not have an exclusive listing with this agent and in fact we are able to sell them ourselves.

Can anyone tell me where a good place would be to advertise these units that does not cost a bomb and would attract like minded investors?

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi alowe
    I have been told on many occasions that you are not supposed to list or sell property on this forum I don’t agree with it but its the rule so if you read this before its deleted.
    Heres my answer first its a negative investment, most on here are positive investment investors again I’m not in agreement in the whole on that view either but what you need to do is market them through a network or a real estate that does specilise in negativly geared investments.
    or go to the meeting of investment clubs in your area and work that way.
    Your post here was a relatively good idea but unless this area is going to do a 25% growth (and your haven’t listed the area) then it may well not be a good investment.
    Hope all goes well and your post stays and a couple of more people can give you their views but I think it will end up on the cutting room floor.

here to help

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I believe on Somersoft: http://www.somersoft.com.au
    you can advertise properties for sale.

Celivia

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Alowe,

I agree that you will find your post deleted shortly.

At the very least you will have created some interest in the town. May help with the growth of your properties?[wink2]

Sonja

Profile photo of sampsonsampson
    @sampson

this was a genuine question and not an advertisement. I realise that this doesn’t fit into SMcK specifications on property, that’s why I wanted to ask here! We have done the hard work on these properties, and now we want to move on. They still are a fantastic investment.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi Celivia
    two things
    yes you can post in the cavet section in somersoft but you must be a member and post 35 or 40 posts before you can advertise and it hard to post there as most of the post are out of date I post maybe 1 or 2 a week if that.
    and they would cut this sale to peices as it not from my point of view a great investment

here to help

Profile photo of Rhys_TRhys_T
    @rhys_t
    Originally posted by grossrealisation:

hi Celivia
    two things
    yes you can post in the cavet section in somersoft but you must be a member and post 35 or 40 posts before you can advertise and it hard to post there as most of the post are out of date I post maybe 1 or 2 a week if that.
    and they would cut this sale to peices as it not from my point of view a great investment

here to help

Before this post does go, are you able to post a short critique on how you found it a bad investment? It’d just be intresting to me as I can’t really see past those numbers as well as people with more exerience. Obviously you have some though, so i’d be intrested in what you see in it? So maybe I can look & see what you see.
    Thank [biggrin]

@sonja

Hi Alowe,

Just my opinoin, but it reads as an add that is hidden behind a “question”. If you want it to look more like a question and less like an add, drop all the specific details about the property. Just my suggestion and your post may escape being deleted by a moderator.

Sonja

@sonja

Hi Sampson (aka Alowe)!

That was a speedy change of identity. You seem to have anticipated my above advice – your post will be more likely stick around now.

Good luck with it. I’ve been watching the town for a while myself. Not sure what you have in mind but personally I’d either hold all or sell all.

Sonja

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

I agree its no where near an 11 second solution set of numbers. Can someone Crunch the numbers as an example so we can see how far off it is?

Cheers
    Simon

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Looks like the numbers have been deleted…..even if the post survived.
    Now it doesn’t makeany sense at all.
    I am sure a few of us would like to see the numbers to get an idea if they stack up.

Did anyone see the numbers, and can they relate them in a post as a ‘hypothetcal’ or ‘example’ ??

Would be appreciated..

kp

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

from memory: 115k purchase for 145pw rent

More stuff on the voigtstr at http://users.bigpond.net.au/voigtstr

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Sampson,

what on earth makes you think that investors would be willing to pay more for units than owner occupiers???? This does not make any sense!

I would be targeting owner occupiers as they are the ones that buy on emotion and are likely to pay retail (or above retail). Investors buy wholesale and ONLY look at numbers!

People buying single units as investment properties at retail price are not investors, they are SPECULATORS of capital growth, or uninformed investors!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents, No Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

@sonja

Hi kp,

I can’t recall the numbers but IMHO it doesn’t matter too much because what is an acceptable deal for one person may not be acceptable for another. In my experience, we all invest for different reasons and with different strategies.

For me, deciding what is an acceptable return is based more than one factor. As an obvious eg, if you are confident of huge growth then a lower return may be OK.

To calculate the % return you multiply the weekly rent by 52 and then divide this number by the price of the property. The 11 second solution gives a 10.4% return.

Hope this is more helpful than confusing[blink]

Sonja

If Voigtstr’s memory is correct then:
    145 x 52 = 7540
    7540 / 115000 = 0.0655652 (ie approx 6.56% return)

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Fair ’nuff….
    Was just curious about what sorta numbers were involved.
    Thanks voigtstr.
    Yes I agree Sonja. ( for helpfully confusing me….only kidding)

And yes I especially agree Dr.X
    But I think a lot of ppl who regard themselves as investors are not nearly as analytical as you suggest they should be.

Its all about the numbers ( but that doesn’t help if you are no good with numbers..)

kp

@sampson

I am sorry I am only new at this!
    I wanted to create the entire picture, but I have already learnt to keep it simple and not personal this morning. I appreciate this.

We own 11 units the layout of this block allows us to sell off 4, 4 and 3. Or one by one.

We want to sell the 4 units in a line. an owner occupier would not want 4 units. The number doesn’t stack up for agressive investors but it does for those looking for long term capital growth and for those looking for sound secure investment in a town that is moving forward. Perhaps a good nest egg? There is nothing left to do on these units.

To get a better picute we purchased these units, did a major reno job and strata tilted them. We want to sell 4 in a line to release equity, retain 7 and move on. We want to release the equity so we can develop the next 8 units?

It sounds like we are trying to make things easier for ourselves?

I realise that I wouldn’t attract buyers on this site, that is why the big question was WHERE WOULD I attract these buyers?

I am grateful if anyone has any suggestions on this matter?

@sampson

I am sorry I am only new at this!
    I wanted to create the entire picture, but I have already learnt to keep it simple and not personal this morning. I appreciate this.

We own 11 units the layout of this block allows us to sell off 4, 4 and 3. Or one by one.

We want to sell the 4 units in a line. an owner occupier would not want 4 units. The number doesn’t stack up for agressive investors but it does for those looking for long term capital growth and for those looking for sound secure investment in a town that is moving forward. Perhaps a good nest egg? There is nothing left to do on these units.

To get a better picute we purchased these units, did a major reno job and strata tilted them. We want to sell 4 in a line to release equity, retain 7 and move on. We want to release the equity so we can develop the next 8 units?

It sounds like we are trying to make things easier for ourselves?

I realise that I wouldn’t attract buyers on this site, that is why the big question was WHERE WOULD I attract these buyers?

I am grateful if anyone has any suggestions on this matter?

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Makes perfect sense to me….

Try ‘yourestate.com.au’ or ‘owner.com.au’

From memory, both free to advertise in.
    M experience is that there were few enquiries using these sites, but they were an additional avenue to using the traditional ‘local paper’ or ‘local agent’scenario.

I would have thought ‘realestate.com’ would have been the best place for exposure, but you need to use an agent who is registered with them.

Just curious, when you strata titled them, why did they not end up as individual strata units so that you could sell them off individually, and not only in a group of four ?
    That way you could sell them to individual owner occupiers.

kp

Anyway, good luck with the sales…

kp

@sampson

We can sell one by one, but I just wanted to be selfish and create a simple body corporate instead of having more than two parties involved.

Just being very particular!

@sonja

Sampson,

Don’t forget that even if you sell all 4 to one person there is nothing stopping them from then selling to others. Eventually this is quite likely and is why I said earlier that if possible I’d either sell all or none. Then again I’m not in your position so I don’t really know your situation or have even half the info on it that you do!

Sonja

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.