All Topics / General Property / My 12 months Plans what are yours ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all, every so often its good to write down your 12 monthly investing goals, These are mine, i’d love to hear others.

My primary focus as an investor is cash flow as you will see from my following plans.

Firstly i plan to continue to sell out of New Zealand, not because i’m unhappy with the NZ market but because most of my purchases were in 2003 and have had excelent appreciation. The reason i plan to sell is to fund my current strategy.
    Secondly, i plan to continue to acquire more very high yeilding properties in the USA, i should have 10 by this time next year. I also plan to buy a few properties in growth areas in the USA. These are all buy and hold strategy.
    But the major plan is to continue with buy and flip properties in growth areas in the USA. I’m buying foreclosure and preforeclosure properties and with my team we are rehabing and selling to owner occupiers. This will be the major focus of my next 12 months investing.

regards westan

Break into the foreclosure market in the USA or Cash Positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Hi Westan,

Good plan, sounds remarkably like ours!!! How are you doing the rehabbing? Are you planning on living there (in the USA) or are you controlling it from NZ?

Xenia

We buy properties in all conditions. Can offer Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents Required
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi Westan,

When you say that you are “selling out of NZ” do you mean you are selling ALL your NZ IP’s?

The reason I ask is simply because if you bought in 2003 then you should be getting good cash flow returns from your NZ rents. Way more than 10% gross I should imagine.

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

Xenia

How are you doing the rehabbing?

I have a team that i’m working with in Texas that i’ve already done a deal with. I created this team last Nov when i went there an so far things are going well. They have all the expertise, local knowledge, skills to rehab, the exit strategy.

Are you planning on living there (in the USA) or are you controlling it from NZ?

Hmmm i was planning to go live there for 3 months but i can’t talk the family into going, I even took them to the place we could live Luxury appartments with 2 pools, mini cinema etc and even that didn’t work. We have had the last 18 months in NZ so its time to come home to Oz and get some stability into the kids lives (They have loved NZ). So i’ll control it all from back here.
    Nobleone-

Code:
    When you say that you are “selling out of NZ” do you mean you are selling ALL your NZ IP’s?

Yes i’m nearly selling everything.

The reason I ask is simply because if you bought in 2003 then you should be getting good cash flow returns from your NZ rents. Way more than 10% gross I should imagine.

Yes, you are right a lot of what in bought in NZ is showing a 20% return on what i paid for them. But they have doubled in price and only showing a 10% return. I’m confident that i can reinvest the money and do better than 10%, actually more like 20-40% return on this money. 20% on my buy and hold and 40% on the Flips (over 12 months).

Regards westan

Break into the foreclosure market in the USA or Cash Positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Hi Westan,
    Like your stategy for increasing returns,except unsure of why you don’t just refinance your NZ properties and use for deposits in US.Then you would still have all your properties,both growth and cashflow in longterm.

Is it because once you sell a property you are able to access more cash or am I on the wrong track?

Cheers

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

My aim is to consolidate and do NOTHING.

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

Can anybody tell me the advantages of selling a property rather than refinancing to buy more property?

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.