All Topics / General Property / Houses overvalued by 25pc

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of lymberylymbery
    @lymbery

HI ALL I AM ANOTHER NEW GUY
    THANKS FOR SOME USE FULL INFO
    I WAS WONDERING DOES ANY ONE THINK THAT SOUTHEAST QLD WILL BE THE EXCEPTION AS THE POPULATION IS GROWING BY 700 PEOPLE PER WEEK SURELY THIS MIGRATION WILL GROW THE LOCAL MARKET[blink]

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

If you are chasing capital growth you need to consider demand AND supply. Take Mandurah for example… the projected growth there is astronomical, yet there is also plenty of land around it to match the demand. I don’t know much about SE Qld but I figure it’s probably similar… a big place which has plenty of land? Or is it all locked up with farmers? Will the govt change their mind and allow them to subdivide? Questions to consider.

So you need to look for loactions that are limited in supply. This means being close to the town centre, a beach or a water way etc.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

John Carroll

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Hi Foundation

If I understand you correctly, you are currently chasing the opportunities that arise from a flat market and perhaps also hoping for a crash to have even better opportunities. Correct? Can’t blame you, I do the same.

Yet, if I understand this right, the logical course of action then is to “talk a crash up”. The crash is coming the crash is coming may get the snow ball rolling, after all a crash is more people selling than buying. Sell! sell! the sky is falling …. hum.

I’ll start myself……
    Ladies and gentleman, (drum rollll) your investment strategies are garbage, you are all mistaken, you will lose money unless you sell all you have and … well you figure it out what to do with the money you get. Just sell will you? Please?

http://www.chosen4u.com/?ace

“What you want in your life occasionally shows up…
    what you must have… always does.”
    . . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    May God Prosper you.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

The question from me is, what do we investors do for future investing?
    Property is flat,for now.
    Shares are up through the roof.
    Cash looks like the only option. AT 5.5% or 6%
    at ING and BANKWEST.

I must admit to liking the idea of having a decent cash balance in ING.
    On a balance of two hundred thousand, at 5% gives you a gross return of ten thousand a year, with no tenants giving you problems.

Commercial property will slow down soon.The signs are starting to appear now. Billboards telling the story.
    So were do we put our investing cash?

bruham.

Profile photo of zen1zen1
    @zen1

I just like to add another thing about the property chart on the previous page.
    It’s a personal experience I am sure similar to many around the time.
    I bought my first house in Perth in 1989, interest rate was 15% than it went up to 17%. We cheered when it went down to 12-13%. I paid $110K and sold in 1995 for $143K. That’s before added things like swimming pool fixes etc. That was tough financially. The house was the oldest and simplest on the street. Some nice houses in the same suburb went down in value between 1989 to 1992/1993. For some people it was better to rent and purchase that time.
    Having to say that, some suburbs were performing okay.
    Interesting to see from here because some people are bullish based on what happened in the last 4-5 years (still in WA).
    We know we can’t drive by looking at the rear view mirror.
    I am neutral about property market. Used to be bearist but was too bearish for my own good. I think my experience in the early 90’s affected my judgment.

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by zen1:

. Used to be bearist but was too bearish for my own good. I think my experience in the early 90’s affected my judgment.

Was there with you buddy. 35, wife not working with two kids under 9 and paying 17.75%. Aaahh…
    those were the days.

Having been there will always be conservative. Owning the family home almost cost us everything.

Having said that… work as an accountant, and have a multitude of mainly boomer clients who bought their 3 properties, ( “buy a mill in property hold for 10 years it will double and you can retire in comfort “) who are starting to unravel their portfolios.

Most commonly expected question this year will be should I hold or sell. Have one guy with 3 apartments who is negative cash wise by around $60k before tax )
    Was okay when the depn was a major factor, but now shrinking, and he has got to be hurting.

Others have started to unload, one retired and others still must wonder about that small town in Tassie that they had previously never heard of or the house they have never seen.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.