All Topics / Help Needed! / Bank & Council Problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of gogogogo
    @gogo

Has any come across the following problem????
    I want to build two town houses and subdivide them every thing has been going well untilthe bank asked for proof of the subdivision. The council informed me that they can not aprove something that does not exist they have to be built then aproved. The bank now will not proceed until they have aproval of the subdivision

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre
    Originally posted by gogo:

Has any come across the following problem????
    I want to build two town houses and subdivide them every thing has been going well untilthe bank asked for proof of the subdivision. The council informed me that they can not aprove something that does not exist they have to be built then aproved. The bank now will not proceed until they have aproval of the subdivision

So you have sought approval from the council and received it before you started work on it? I am a bit confused as to what you are saying here. They lost your approval?

I know I can, I know I can

Visit me on my IP Journey blog http://www.ipjourney.blogspot.com

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Approval from the council must come before building, they approve the plans, that is what the bank wants, not the approval of the final stage of the building.

Do you have development approval? You cannot build two townhouses and then subdivide. You may never get it. If the council approved dual occupancy without subdivision, there is no guarantee you will get subdivision and you will be stuck with two houses on one title for a very long time until the building code may change.

……….– Doug Firebaugh

May God Prosper you.[biggrin]
    Marc…http://www.chosen4u.com/?ace

Profile photo of theBuildingSurveyortheBuildingSurveyor
    @thebuildingsurveyor

Generally here in vic, you will obtain your planning permits first for say 2 units then build the units then subdivide whilst construction is underway. The statement of compliance, which is a document the council issues to enable a title to be issued by the titles office, is issued once all the conditions on the planning permit for the units and the plannning permit for the subdivision is satifisfied. To meet these conditions for the planning permit for the units generally the have to be completed. However it is possible to subdivide the land first then build, however this can be more time consuming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.