All Topics / General Property / Appointment with Valuer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

In three weeks, I have an appointment to take through a valuer at my newly completed IP (1 in a small block of 5 apartments). I intend on providing him some data of recent sales etc (which obvioulsy helps my cause) in a professional format.

Aside from this ‘assistance’, is there anything else I should be doing before or even during the grand tour!

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi Woodsman,

funny you should put this post so close to mine!
    I have come across a program that targets these situations and creates a Property Resume, see:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/16327.html

See what you think. I’d be interested in your input too. I believe you are on a winning strategy, but I don’t know enough or have experienced enough to assist. I have done what you have done, plus perhaps include a number of REA listings that reflect my IP/PPOR.

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

C@34,

Intellectually, just can’t see how a software system could help you achieve more from a valuation viewpoint than what the market actually says it is worth ie comparavle sales. Maybe my mind isn’t open to accept this new paradigm!

I guess there is a money back guarantee which might be useful for those who are tempted but unsure. In my case, this is the first valuation on this property, so in some respects I can’t see this as being as relevant, given the comments, that they guramtee a $10k increase in your valuation over the last one.

If I apply this to one of my other IP’s, which is valued at original purchase price ($235k)and based on comps, today is about $265k. Of course if I used this tool, then the claim would be technically correct, however, it is not the tool that has generated this increase.

Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

THe purchase valuation should be acceptable!

I understand your points. I believ from reading that the Resume is more of a report building program. As such it puts it into a usable format for a valuer – that is how I understand it.
    As to the valuation increase, well, I thought that to be an empty promise also. Just by cleaning up the yard and removing the Termites I managed to create extra equity (not sure how much though). I guess it is one of those ‘Pie-in-the-sky’ things again!

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

From The Property Resume website:

Stop the endless and frustrating wait to build free equity in your home or investment property. When you complete our simple Property Resumé system you will increase your next valuation by a minimum of $10,000 … we even GUARANTEE it.

[blink]

Cool, so I just have to repeatedly complete the system – every time adding $10k to the value of my house…[biggrin]
    This is clearly somebody trying to ‘make a quick buck'(tm)[rambo2], and the ‘guarantee’ for this BS wouldn’t be worth the paper it was written on.[puke]

Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

PS[wink2]

The Property Resumé system is your metal detector. It will guide you through the process of creating your personalised Property Resumé to find the money hidden in your house.
    The money is there waiting for you to pick it up. How could you not give it a go?
    To claim your $510 of Super Bonuses order NOW

BTW Calvin[wink],

Congradjulations, you have been pre-approved for a $230,000.oo home loan. Repayments are just $230.oo per fortnikt. Click here http://www.trojanbackdoor.gl.ru[whistle]

[biggrin][wink][wink][wink]

Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Foundation
    you appear to be taking shots at me. I hope you enjoy it! Let me reiterate, I am looking to develop areas in my skils profile that need it. This is one of those areas.

It may have been a good opportunity – I didn’t know so I asked. I hope that is OK with you.

Cheers
    C@34

– Thomas Edison

Profile photo of RedhavenRedhaven
    @redhaven

I’m with Calvin here, Foundation, I think anything is worth checking thoroughly. Just by the by, do you mind me asking how many IPs have you got tucked under your belt? I was surprised to discover you’re only 28, I thought from your posts you must have been in your 60’s!

“I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.” ~ GOD ~ (Jeremiah 29:11)

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Sorry Calvin, I mustn’t have placed enough strategic smileys to portray my tongue-in-cheek mood. Good on you for asking questions, sorry for teasing.

Redheaven, although OT, I’ve purchased 4 props, sold 2, currently no IPs as such. I’ve gambled my PI future on a house price crash, but have nothing to lose (and some to gain) should it not eventuate.

And back on topic, I’d look to street appeal, even if it means picking up your neighbour’s pizza boxes and wine bottles or sweeping the driveway/footpath etc.

Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Woodsman,

Yes there is. Mow / rake / prune / sweep / wash windows / vacuum / declutter / touch up paint…

That’ll do – you’ll be exhausted if you do half of that stuff…or significantly short of cash getting some poor sod in there to do it all for you….

Whoops…just re-read your post, it’s a newly completed RIP.

Ahhh, the joys of going senile.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“Go hard or go home”

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Be there on time to open it up – valuers usually have to inspect 8-10 properties a day, so it really ‘p’s them off when people are late or not at home (oh, but its ok for them to be late)

A copy of the plans showing dimensions would be nice and useful – and you’ll save yourself and the valuer 15 minutes of measuring up.

cheers

brahms
    CALL NOW…adults only (boys and girls ask mummy or daddy first) ~~ 1900 HOT BROKER ~~

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Thanks for your responses – will let you know of my experience and efforts to woo them into the valuation that I want.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Make up a little folder with pics and prices of recently sold properties around yours that are comparable. Do some of his work for him.

Have the place looking really nice and be friendly and offer him a cup of tea. Get him to like you and want to do the right thing by you.

These little things work and I have seen significant differences in a second valuation where the owner was prepare and friendly.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.