All Topics / General Property / is commercial property better in returns????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mattty73mattty73
    @mattty73

looking to pick the brains of a person sucessful in commercial property…….
    i have decided this is the direction i want to go .. i feel that better returns and having a residual cash flow will help me grow my assett base to become free….. i have acess to cash funds to around 400k.. DO TELL what should i be focusing at and any tips would be appreciated greatly…. i want BIG ..why not..:)
    cheers

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

walk around the city and look up all the offices for sale and for lease – then call the agents and ask them the asking price and return on the investment. they are usually good deals.

Kind Regards,
    George

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Commercial!! Yeah why not.Every one has there own strategy but comm. is a good thing in my eyes.I have an interest in that area. Email me if you like Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of MonkeyMagicMonkeyMagic
    @monkeymagic

From what I can gather, a lot of com prop investors use the services of an agent that will help you purchase etc, etc.

I think I’ll also look at comm prop as the way to go, all the people in the big money go commercial or develop.

Besides they generally have higher cashflow and less operating expenses…. Cash is King!

Josh

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

try http://www.commercialrealestate.com.au
    to search for commerical and you can get emails too.

There can be money in it, but it is high risk. And it is also less stable than residential.
    Banks lend less…….etc

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty

Gotta say commercial props can have great yields. My portfolio consists of residential and my brother is mainly commercial. He’s always bragging about how much better his commercial stuff is over residential UNTIL his biggest commercial property became vacant (for 6 months). It’s tenanted now but it sure put a drain on cash flow and his family’s tranquillity for a long time.
    Also, the CG’s long-term haven’t been as good as residential.

IMHO if you have a low S.A.N.F. you’re best with residential over the long haul.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I make 50% CoCR for Residential property, but commercial does have certain benefits (higher “return”) and drawbacks (the biggest is if you can’t find a tennant, due to something outside your control – like Westfield opens up near your little shop, also higher deposits are req.).

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.