All Topics / General Property / The Time Has Come

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Brett2Brett2
    Participant
    @brett2

I have been reading some posts and people are woried about the property market at the moment. But infact all that has changed is that it has gone from a sellers market to a Buyers market. So if I was all of you i would be going out and making offers that turn -ve geared property into a +ve geared property. The worst thing that could happen is your offer is rejected.You might even be suprissed and get one or two accepted (that would ba a shame[biggrin])
    Regards
    Brett

“Those who say it can’t be done are being passed by the ones doing it.”

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

I once heard someone say

‘If your not embarrassed by your offer then you are offering too much!’

-Blondie[lmao]

[jerry]GOSH! I love that show!

You’ll never know if you don’t give it a go!

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I think I will wait a bit

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Brett2:

So if I was all of you i would be going out and making offers that turn -ve geared property into a +ve geared property.

I thought you are one of us like investing, therefore, I pressume that you are doing it right now, making a lot of offer, have you?

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Let me give you an example of buying in a Boom.

I recall that back in Oct 2000, I borrowed $10k and put the money into a BT Time (Technology)Fund. Do you remember those days when everyone was making heaps of money out of IT stocks.

At the time I invested, the unit price was 80cts after an issue price of $1. I thought – way to go – I am getting a 20% discount on those that bought when the fund was started.

In March 2004 its worth $3300. And the unit price is 26cts.

I am not saying property will go down by 60% but it could go down 5-20% or remain flat for a very long time – some say 4-10 yrs.

All i am really saying – is be careful – and dont expect similar growth for some time.

If you can afford it and you know the value may go down and you wont panic – then go buy properties. The key is time in the market.

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr
    Originally posted by yack:

I am not saying property will go down by 60% but it could go down 5-20% or remain flat for a very long time – some say 4-10 yrs.

I don’t think that 4-10 years is a very long time. Especially when looking at real estate.

James

Profile photo of TringTring
    @tring

Milkmanjr;
    I know investing in RE is for long term, but 4-10 years without any CG when (if) you are -gearing, then you are making alot of losses. Wouldn’t you agree?
    [glum]

Regards
    Start

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

As a general rule i suppose the answer is yes.
    I always look to neutral or slightly negative gear my properties. That way if there isn’t a large amount of growth, it isn’t costing me much for the property. If there is growth, then I am making more money!!
    If I had highly -ve geared properties and there was little to no growth I would be worried though.

James

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.