All Topics / Finance / 15% a year = a “sensible” investment?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Awwwright.

SIS. I clicked your link in your signature. You need to get 15%+ on your “sensible” investment to achieve $1MM in 30 years.

So, how do you do it? 15% p.a. year on year is a bloody good result in my book. Where can you get that kind of results from a “sensible” investment.

I reckon you’ve gotta be putting in $20 a day, not $3 to get your million over 30 years.

So, SIS, where do you suggest I look for sensible investments returning 15% every year for the next 30 years?

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Hi Rubbachook
    You could try talking to a property investor or wrapper, I know I regularly pay investors 15% on their funds so that I don’t have to find my own deposits.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Rubbachook,

there are a few manage funds out there, that are doing high returns, one that is approved both by the ACCC and ASIC is returning 20%, but is unsecured… problem is they are much more risker, at that high of a return, but also, you need to have a large deposit… (im not sure of the fund name, but it is pushed and endorsed by a company called “National Asset Corporation”

Still there are some nice MGMT and ADF funds out there with returns just over 10%, but do remember you do have to pay tax on the interest earned, one option available is to purchase these types of funds through a unit trust were the tax is no more than 15%, another option that is available is a margin lend, but it will depend again, on how you invest it and reinvest your profits…

Sorry for not much help, but honestly, any funds program offering over 10%, you are being exposed to some form of risk…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Thanks, SIS.

So, prolly “sensible” should be something like “astute” in your signature!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I know someone getting 25% in a “capital guaranteed” fund atm.

Not too sure of the details but it is the sort of thing that isn’t publicly available.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Right now I’m doing a RE deal that is returning my investors 40%, secured by a 2nd Mortgage (bank has 1st Mgt @ 42% of Value, Investors have 58% of value).

There is some downside though – minimum investment is in $50K to $100K lots and a holding period of 12mths minimum (stretching further to 6 months if we are having difficulties (though with 9% paid per mth.)). Also we are quite particular about our investors.

Yes there is a risk that the market could come crashing down, but my investors know that I have done my best to protect their interest, and so they should get their money back if the deal goes horribly wrong (though it is not capital guaranteed).

A lot of other deals are mezzanine finance, which offer high returns but usually have little or no security. For that it’s best to get a long-term history of the principals involved.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.