All Topics / General Property / Question for the Mortgage Consultants?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

just wondering, if you guys would be able to tell me, for example.

“if you had a 20% cash deposit, but you wanted to take out a loan with another financial insitute or lender, do you have to disclose to them, if you have any mortgages or loan debts… even if you are in control of them?”

“just one other quick question, if you did have a 20% cash deposit, and thats what the financial lender or insitute are asking for… is there any reprecussions, if you dont disclose to them about other loans and debts you have… even if your in control of them, or can they possibly find out that you have other debts and loans?”

Cheers and thanks in advance,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sis, even as a non-mortgage broker, i think i can answer this quite simply.

Each time you go for anz loan- be it credit card, personal loan for a car etc, or a mortgage, it is recorded by a central credit agency. The provider zou go for a lona with will run a credit check on you when you apply for a loan, so disclosure is not really an issue- they will have all the info in front of them- that´s been my experience anyway- they will know everything about you. It´s why, for example, it´s so important to keep up with phone bills etc, or the credit check wil have a black mark against your name if telstra has cut you off due to non-payment.

If a person is bankrupt, it will show up on on the check- everything does. Non-disclosure when asked on forms can be a bad thing- ya don´t wanna be done for fraud.

kay henry

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Thanks Kay,

Great to see your back, are you still in Austria… and if you are… how long till you come back here to OZ?

just still the one question that really ponders my mind is, lets say if you do have a 20% cash deposit, would they still run a check, even to see if you have any other debts, even if your in a good position and have good control and service ability over it, or is it possible to have a less hassled loan approval, if you can prove that you have the 20% cash deposit, with out having to show or disclose any information about other loans debt? or does this whole disclosure apply to every loan you apply for?

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

They always check your CRA to see that you are not a serial defaulter!

They will know about the other loans so disclose them.

Remember that the lenders want your business so they will try to do the loan if it meets their policy guidelines.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@still-in-school

Thanks Simon,

just one more question… sorry [:)]

if you were to invest into another country, were as you will need to take out another loan, or your from another country and your investing in OZ, will you still need to disclose to them, your overseas loans or debts you have, or is it not possilbe for the mortgage consultants to find out?

Cheers and thanks,
    sis

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am not sure but am guessing that it would probably be OK in that case.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@still-in-school
    Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

S.I.S. a loan for an overseas property is difficult to obtain from a lender in that country unless one can show ability to service the loan.

If a lender in that country were in principle prepared to lend to you and you haven’t got evidence of income earned in that country and as you wouldn’t have a credit file in that country it looks like a foregone conclusion to me that they would want to look at your credit file in Australia.

One way to avoid that would be to obtain private loan moneys and the rate is perhaps 1.5% to 2% higher than bank rates.

If it is used for a development then one may well wear it. If it is for a Buy and Hold property, you may baulk at the thought of paying 8.5% (or whatever the going rate is in that country).

Putting up a higher deposit (35%) may well achieve being able to obtain a loan without the need to provide income details.

Pisces

@still-in-school
    Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

If you have any loan, any phone applications, mobiles yep or any credit card, store cards, and even licences, are on Baycorp. Thats the credit agency.

Now we know they are often wrong. Not up to date and you can view your file and have notations added (say you defaulted). On the basis on one default, this can be enough to stop any loan being granted. Often one phone company was notorious for this.

Howeer there were supposed ot be rules, that you cannot be listed as a defaulter unless they had passed a certain time frame, but I think that may have gone out the window.

Yes any bankruptcy issues are listed including when you were discharged, if this applies.

Your addresses are listed, your jobs etc. Including your companies and if you are a director…

If someone is such a bad risk, and I am making an assumption based on your line of questions, some lenders do loans for those with defaults, or low doc home loans…but you can bet the rates are a lot higher. Or you pay a brokerage fee….

As for overseas, yes I assume you would have to support any application with either savings and certainly income to be able to service the loan.

Australians with overseas incomes are required by the ATO to list those as foreign income, just a word of warning.

Elves

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Not all loans will appear on your credit file. As Pisces mentioned, soem private lenders will not make an entry and will not even care what you file looks like.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of maxhugenmaxhugen
    @maxhugen

Don’t know that this will be of any help, but you can borrow up to $500k or 65% loan ratio (whichever is lower) WITHOUT disclosing your income or assets & liabilities. Interest rate is very competitive at 6.85% currently.

These could be called an “asset lend”, and with the rise in property prices (and therefore someone’s equity) these loans are going like hot cakes.

Max Hugen [email protected]
    Alpha Financial
    Residential & Commercial Loans
    http://www.alphafinancial.com.au
    02 9560 3061

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Not all of my loans appear on my file – I had a good relationship with a bank manager, and did all loans through him for a while, so they only checked the first time, and then not again. I think most loans with different providers have hit since though.

I don’t think ANY of my credit cards, and definitely not my Grace Bros, sorry Coles Myer card isn’t there either.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.