All Topics / Heads Up! / Testers please!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Hi

My stats show that around 400 downloads of ez-rent came via through this forum. Having said that, my previous request for a few beta testers went unheeded. Cmon guys! This gives you a way to drectly influence what features should go into this free IPA program.

EZ-Rent2 is into beta, and I am looking for a few previous ez-rent users to try and break it :-)

Please visit the website and use the contact form or mail me back. Hoping to get 5 volunteers.

cheers

Paul
    [email protected]

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors.
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Hi

I downloaded the product. It looks great but what I really need is to be able to add income and expense transactions.

Are you going to allow income and expense transactions and then get the totals to roll up?

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Hi Yack

Can you provide more detail? Either reply here or mail me directly..

Also you may want to try out the newest beta rather than version 1.2. Let me know

cheers

[email protected]

@yack

What I want to be able to do is add receipts and expenses.

eg When i receive my july statement from the RE agency, I want to be able to add the income and what the commission was. I would also like to enter the date and details eg. agency.

And when entering expenses i would like to enter the type of expense eg. rates, date of transaction, inv number, and payee etc.

So its also like an accounting package and you can enter transactions and have a P & L Report and you can use it for tax purposes as you can record transactions.

Please let me know if you are not sure what I mean. You can email me and we can have a chat if you wish.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

It looks great for negative gearing… but what happens if you are positive gearing???? Of course the figures don’t work out… But wouldn’t your target market be bigger if you could put in option for negative gearing or cashflow postive properties??

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Lucifer_au:

It looks great for negative gearing… but what happens if you are positive gearing???? Of course the figures don’t work out… But wouldn’t your target market be bigger if you could put in option for negative gearing or cashflow postive properties??

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

What your are saying is not true. The software is work for both -ve & +ve gearing.

I found the software quite good. The only this I like to add is the scroll but is too fast and it keep default to max value. May be you can do something about it.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hi ez-rent,
    Is it a “junior” of PIA, but FREE, Right!

Regards
    Julian

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Julian:

Hi ez-rent,
    Is it a “junior” of PIA, but FREE, Right!

Regards
    Julian

Julian,

Why not just download it and have a try. It is for free. Nothing to lose. Have a good if you dont’ like it, just don’t use it. But I can tell you it is go because it has checklist where most of other software don’t.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

@julian

Hi Chan$,

Thank your advice, I am doing right now.

Regards
    Julian

@julian

Hi Ez-REfnt,
    I have downloaded the software, and can’t open the program, it shown ” Ez-rent 1.2 exe is not a valid win32 application”, What’s wrong?[:(][:(][:(]

Regards
    Julian [8)]

@ez-rent

Hi Julian

This means that the download didn’t complete. Try it again, and if it still gives you problems, email me and I will send it to you directly..

cheers

[email protected]

p.s I did fix the scroller

@ez-rent

Ah, gotcha!

I could do this – I’m wondering (out loud!) how much people would want this. There is a free property management software out there (whos name I’ve forgotten!). It may be worth you looking for it.

But then again, I guess it could be convenient to have this as part of ez-rent. The question is, whether its better to improve ez-rent to be a better simulator/calculator or make it into a multifunction property management application.

I’d love to hear people’s opinions on this??

[email protected]

Originally posted by yack:

eg When i receive my july statement from the RE agency, I want to be able to add the income and what the commission was. I would also like to enter the date and details eg. agency.

And when entering expenses i would like to enter the type of expense eg. rates, date of transaction, inv number, and payee etc.

So its also like an accounting package and you can enter transactions and have a P & L Report and you can use it for tax purposes as you can record transactions.

Please let me know if you are not sure what I mean. You can email me and we can have a chat if you wish.

@yack

Me. I would love an all in one – both a property management application and a simulator/calculator.

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by ez-rent:

Ah, gotcha!

I could do this – I’m wondering (out loud!) how much people would want this. There is a free property management software out there (whos name I’ve forgotten!). It may be worth you looking for it.

But then again, I guess it could be convenient to have this as part of ez-rent. The question is, whether its better to improve ez-rent to be a better simulator/calculator or make it into a multifunction property management application.

I’d love to hear people’s opinions on this??

[email protected]

Go for it ez-rent. I will try to find those one (PM software)….

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of mh1524mh1524
    @mh1524

Hi I have been using ez-rent for a while to assess my prospective purchases and find it a good tool….btw I am a software test manager for an IT company [:)]

Regarding a product doing everything, I think you need to decide the purpose of ez-rent. I use MYOB to record all my tax info and ez-rent as a tool to use in the planning phase of buying property. From experience some software development companies go too far and try to develop something that is the bees knees…they then end up losing money because their strategy was flawed initially.

I reckon leave the purpose of the tool as a calculator. Once you add on financial tracking you have a lot more legislative rules to address.

@yack

I understand where your coming from mh1524 but all I want to be able to do is enter simple income and expenditure transactions.

I am not asking for legislative income tax requirements.

Come tax time all I need is a profit and loss statement by property and a report listing my detailed transactions.

I was using property manager pro for my property transactions but I have upgraded PC’s and lost the CD.

I have decided to use excel to record my income and expense transactions. I dont believe that property investors need alot of functionality to record their income and expenses.

I believe that if ez-rent provided the ability to record income and expenses, you would have one property software tool that addressed calculators and transactions.

As a day job I am an accountant/systems analyst with a leading US based financial management software company. However I yearn for the day I can be like Westan and spend more time with the kids.

Participant
    @jetdollars

I understand where your coming from mh1524 but all I want to be able to do is enter simple income and expenditure transactions.

I am not asking for legislative income tax requirements.

Come tax time all I need is a profit and loss statement by property and a report listing my detailed transactions.

I was using property manager pro for my property transactions but I have upgraded PC’s and lost the CD.

I have decided to use excel to record my income and expense transactions. I dont believe that property investors need alot of functionality to record their income and expenses.

I believe that if ez-rent provided the ability to record income and expenses, you would have one property software tool that addressed calculators and transactions.

As a day job I am an accountant/systems analyst with a leading US based financial management software company. However I yearn for the day I can be like Westan and spend more time with the kids.

I agreed as for basic functionality because I am going to use ez-rent in the future as well.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

@ez-rent
    Originally posted by mh1524:

Hi I have been using ez-rent for a while to assess my prospective purchases and find it a good tool….btw I am a software test manager for an IT company [:)]

Then you are a perfect beta tester then for version 2 (hint hint :-)!! In all seriousness though, I have several avenues I can take the application now (speaking from the version 2 perspective of multiple properties and better depreciation). I am wondering what people think of these broad directions..

1. Simple personal budget planner – so you can figure out how much spare cash you have each month – handy for interest capitalisation scenarios as well as P&I stuff.

2. As well as buying properties, buy direct shares, managed funds, property syndicates and other types of investment vehicles that can be neg or positively geared. (This would be of personal benefit to me and was going to be my next logical step)

3. Property management functions. Basic incoming/outgoing tracking according to some predefined categories (for those of you not using quickbooks or MYOB)

Remembering that version 2 now handles multiple properties bought at differing times into the future or the past.

So what priority do you think those 3 broad areas should take?

[email protected]

@yack

I prefer option 3.

I also think if you wish to keep Peach as a long term sponsor then surely property related functionality would be best as its in their interest to attract property investors.

Just my 2 cents worth.

@ez-rent

I prefer option 3.

I also think if you wish to keep Peach as a long term sponsor then surely property related functionality would be best as its in their interest to attract property investors.

Peach are a great company and of course, I will endevour to add in any request made by them and it would be of higher priority as well. In fact if it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be having this conversation as it was through them that the multi property version is soon to be available for everyones benefit.

Rest assured, all of these suggestions will be forwarded to them for consideration and then we it down and work out where to go next :-)

[email protected]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.