All Topics / Opinionated! / What can you do with $50???

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of IndifferenceIndifference
    @indifference

That Ssunds like “Pay it forward” manofaction.

If you wanted to make money from it then I would:

a) Invest in Knowledge ie. buy a good investment book

b) If you’re ‘still at school’, hang around the canteen and broker the cash in smaller increments. It may lead to a profitable future career….

…emotion clouds good judgement but is a defining element of character.

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Still in School:

Hey Guys,

ok, ill put my 2 cents in, for $50, normally i can buy about 3 weeks worth of food, or just 1 weeks worth of petrol… [:o)]

Cheers,
    sis

Hehe,

It’s easy to spend $50 on food for 3 weeks when you eat nothing but 2min noodles…….. [:D] Be bit noodled out by the end tho!
    If I had fifty dollars….. petrol for month or….. can I have more?[:D]

Blondie

Newbie comin through!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

You can do a lot with $50:

1. a lot of role of toilet that keep you clean
    2. a lot of coke
    3. a bag of rice
    4. a lot of instant noodle
    5. a lot of second hand clothes to keep me warm
    6. ….

now I still have $15 to go. Then I will set up network marketing company….lol…

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Manofaction you said : “I’d find somebody who needed $50-.

I’d lend the $50 to them on 2 conditions that must be rigidly enforced…..

1) They must never repay the money back to ME.
    2) When they are in a position to be able to repay the $50- in full, they must find somebody else who needs $50 and lend it to them on these same 2 rigid conditions.””

Manofaction, what a wonderful idea.

However to make a much bigger impact what about the debt being repaid at a penalty i.e. $ 50 interest, both the debt and the interest being repayable next payday or even in one month time.

Exhorbitant rate of interest ? Perhaps so, but remember …………… we are on a mission to help others.

If someone really desperately needed $ 50 they, of all people, would have a real understanding about, as well as a lot of empathy for, many other people who are at some time or other in a similar desperate situation.

Now let us just see what will happen. You ‘lend’ to one person, he/she repays in the form of making two other people happy with a loan, these two in turn create four borrowers, the 4 borrowers turn into 8 happy people, 8 turns into 16, 16 into 32, 32 into 64, 64 into 128 and so on.

Any idea how many people are being helped ?

After a mere seventeen such groups of transactions your original good deed will have helped some 131,070 people.

Any budding mathematician cares to work out what happens after some 60 such group of transactions ?

The same method can be applied to many other areas.

Do gooders, eat your heart out. You, starting off as a single entity could change the world. [:o)]

You only need to convert one rip off real estate investor to your way of thinking. That person thence goes out and converts two others, these 2 convert 4 others and so on.

Every great enterprise starts off with a single simple step.

That is the power of this formula.

It is in a way applied by Jehova’s Witnesses who all are required to go out doorknocking. No wonder they are one of the fastest growing movements.

NOw let us take this a step further Manofaction.

What about if, instead of lending, we start off a chainletter where everyone pays a mere $ 10-00 to receive (buy) the chainletter ?

Each such person sends $ 5-00 to each of the six people on the chainletter list. Thence they copy the chainletter with the following adjustments : remove the person at the very top, and move everyone up one place AND make yourself number six on the list.

Each such buyer then sells a copy of the letter to four other people for $ 10-00. Thus they will have gotten back their original investment of $ 40-00 and only have to wait for the mailman to deliver sacks of cheques to them.

The chainletter should also have a suitable curse in it to intimidate anyone so as they don’t break the chain. [;)]

Beats having to run around looking for suitable real estate to buy, anytime.

This business can be worked at from home, no need to go off traipsing into the country looking for cheap properties.

Pisces

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i just had the same thing happen to me.
    what i did:
    50 dollars bought me 50 kilos of fab laundry detergent.
    split it into 3 kilo bags (the sealable type i already had at home)
    sold 3 kilo bags for 10 dollars down at the woolies carpark on the weekend.
    16 x 3 kilo bags (@ 10 dollars)= 160 dollars
    50 dollars given to charity (the salvo’s)
    50 dollars kept for my out of pocket expenses.
    60 dollars left in bank account for next ip.
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Pisces:

Manofaction you said : “I’d find somebody who needed $50-.

I’d lend the $50 to them on 2 conditions that must be rigidly enforced…..

1) They must never repay the money back to ME.
    2) When they are in a position to be able to repay the $50- in full, they must find somebody else who needs $50 and lend it to them on these same 2 rigid conditions.””

Manofaction, what a wonderful idea.

However to make a much bigger impact what about the debt being repaid at a penalty i.e. $ 50 interest, both the debt and the interest being repayable next payday or even in one month time.

Exhorbitant rate of interest ? Perhaps so, but remember …………… we are on a mission to help others.

If someone really desperately needed $ 50 they, of all people, would have a real understanding about, as well as a lot of empathy for, many other people who are at some time or other in a similar desperate situation.

Now let us just see what will happen. You ‘lend’ to one person, he/she repays in the form of making two other people happy with a loan, these two in turn create four borrowers, the 4 borrowers turn into 8 happy people, 8 turns into 16, 16 into 32, 32 into 64, 64 into 128 and so on.

Any idea how many people are being helped ?

After a mere seventeen such groups of transactions your original good deed will have helped some 131,070 people.

Any budding mathematician cares to work out what happens after some 60 such group of transactions ?

The same method can be applied to many other areas.

Do gooders, eat your heart out. You, starting off as a single entity could change the world. [:o)]

You only need to convert one rip off real estate investor to your way of thinking. That person thence goes out and converts two others, these 2 convert 4 others and so on.

Every great enterprise starts off with a single simple step.

That is the power of this formula.

It is in a way applied by Jehova’s Witnesses who all are required to go out doorknocking. No wonder they are one of the fastest growing movements.

NOw let us take this a step further Manofaction.

What about if, instead of lending, we start off a chainletter where everyone pays a mere $ 10-00 to receive (buy) the chainletter ?

Each such person sends $ 5-00 to each of the six people on the chainletter list. Thence they copy the chainletter with the following adjustments : remove the person at the very top, and move everyone up one place AND make yourself number six on the list.

Each such buyer then sells a copy of the letter to four other people for $ 10-00. Thus they will have gotten back their original investment of $ 40-00 and only have to wait for the mailman to deliver sacks of cheques to them.

The chainletter should also have a suitable curse in it to intimidate anyone so as they don’t break the chain. [;)]

Beats having to run around looking for suitable real estate to buy, anytime.

This business can be worked at from home, no need to go off traipsing into the country looking for cheap properties.

Pisces

this is called multi level marketing.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Shaun,

From what you have told us it wouldn’t be so difficult to progress towards a multi level marketing group.

Or for that matter, what about selling some franchises ?

I think Steve McKnight mentioned that he wouldn’t mind some diversication so I think he is looking for another opportunity to put some of his money to work
    in another kind of business.

Once you snare him Shaun it wouldn’t be so difficult to pick up several others and you will be on your way.

I don’t know whether Steve finds time to look at all of the many posts so I suggest that it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you phoned him to see whether you can make an appointment to tell him about this wonderful opportunity. [;)]

Good luck,

Pisces

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Pisces:

Hi Shaun,

From what you have told us it wouldn’t be so difficult to progress towards a multi level marketing group.

Or for that matter, what about selling some franchises ?

I think Steve McKnight mentioned that he wouldn’t mind some diversication so I think he is looking for another opportunity to put some of his money to work
    in another kind of business.

Once you snare him Shaun it wouldn’t be so difficult to pick up several others and you will be on your way.

I don’t know whether Steve finds time to look at all of the many posts so I suggest that it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you phoned him to see whether you can make an appointment to tell him about this wonderful opportunity. [;)]

Good luck,

Pisces

lol

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Shaun, did you sell my detergent to others on me?

Not happy[V]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of LAURALAURA
    @laura

hermm truthfully i would put the $50 into my wallet and it would soon become a $5 note and a couple coins.. and not much to show for it. Sad but true [:(]

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by CornelBasson:

I will prob go to the pub and buy my mates a drink and celebrate something…hopefully a new IP

not a bad idea!

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich]

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.