Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of maxhugenmaxhugen
    @maxhugen

Many loan products allow a switch to fixed rate, so you can certainly start on variable and switch later.

That said, even professional investors can get caught out using fixed rates. “When [rates are] at the bottom…”, ah, if only we had a crystal ball!

There are other disadvantages to fixed rates… after all you’ve promised to pay xyz to a lender for a set time – what happens if your plans change, for example, you’d like to sell? Gotcha!

Personally, I don’t favour fixing rates for more than 6-12 months, but others may disagree.

Cheers, Max Hugen

Alpha Financial
    Residential & Commercial Loans
    02 9560 3061

Profile photo of KremanKreman
    @kreman

Can anyone help?

I’m a 32yo male with a wife and 1 child who all live in Victoria and I need some advice about loans.
    The property that I have rented for the last 3 years is going to be sold and I (knowing the owners) have been given first option to buy. The house is old and small but the land is 1167 m2 and in the area that I live in the chance of subdivision being knocked back is very very low.

My problem is this I have been out of work for sometime and have just started a new business (3 weeks ago) and need a loan to buy this property.
    The property is worth $240,000 and up to $320,000 if subdivided but getting a loan is tuff for someone in my position who only has $20,000 for a deposit ($7,000 first home buyer grant $10,000 as a gift and $3,000 of my own) . I have just been approved for a loan of $170,000 at 11% (something like $380 pw) which is way to much for a person starting a first business to pay. So any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks…

Sorry i also forgot to put that the asking price of the property is $200,000

Kreman

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Kreman

It will be very hard for you to qualify for a loan at this stage. You would need about 20% deposit and costs.

Maybe someone could wrap it to you? (the rate would probably be cheaper than 11%!)

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Kreman, why don’t you chat to the owners, and tell them your situation. Perhaps they would be interested in wrapping to you as Terry suggested. I guess it all depends on why they wish to sell.

But that’s certainly where I’d start – especially as you know them.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Kreman,
    11% is a very high rate,
    Give me a call or Send me your contact details and I will see what I can do,
    Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:1800 820 500
    Victoria

PLEASE note comments made should NOT be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice. Please seek professional, specific advice.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by MortgageHunter:

I even fixed myself!

Oil change only? Full service? Total reconstruction?

Derek

[email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.