All Topics / General Property / Who wants a + cashflow property?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Bear,

You said to me “Your facts are not correct for the properties i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!”

Time has shown that you erred in judgement on this matter. I wonder what else you err in judgement on…

I found the properties before you emailed me. Besides, the info you provided in the emails was pre non disclosure. All I used was your info that the properties were on the Tassy West Coast. The west coast of Tasmania isn’t that big and only had two properties listed at 35 and 50k. Besides, Maurice is the agent for 95% of west coast properties listed, and told me heaps.

By all means try and make a buck by doing web searches for those who come to this newsgroup but don’t have the time or experience to search rural areas themselves. You could even take responsibility for their entire due diligence!

My point is you might want to give less information than ‘West Coast of Tasmania’ when advertising on the forum.

But my view is that I have come to this newsgroup wishing to share a high standard of IP experience that may benefit me as equally as others. I assumed most members would be reasonably savvy. Maybe I am wrong.

As things go, after a little due diligence, I wouldn’t invest in the town you are talking about. If anyone is interested in why, I am prepared to give them for free i.e. without a fee, the results of my insider knowledge on the primary employers in the area.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Mini for your support[:D]

Bruce we are all entitled to our own opinions no matter how wrong we maybe, yourself included, and I respect that. Some of the things you said are correct, others I totally disagree with. I was there just 2 weeks ago and did alot of due diligence. The trick for me is to find properties, that
    1) Are positive geared. (And what is +ve for one person is not for another)
    2) Find areas where I think the boom hasn’t quite hit yet but believe it will.

Yes I could be wrong and only time will tell, but I have been to this area several times over the last few years and seen a big change happening. Every one should do their own due diligence to suit their own needs, and its not for your or I to tell others what is best for them.

Kindest Regards Bear

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Bruce,

“But my view is that I have come to this newsgroup wishing to share a high standard of IP experience that may benefit me as equally as others.”

Bruce I think it’s fantastic that you want to share info, that’s what’s drawing the crowd here.
    If you have any interesting stuff on tassie why not start a thread about it and tell us. we’re all ears!

re: “I assumed most members would be reasonably savvy. Maybe I am wrong.”

I think a lot of people have read a book or two, maybe Steve’s, so that they found this site, but lack the confidence to know if they are jumping in the deep end or it’s the right time, or if the deal they found is any good etc.

i think it’s mainly newbies that are drawn to a forum, like I was. i was a newbie without any property only about 9 months ago. And through ‘total immersion’ (i.e. obsession, reading, reading, discussing, debating) I’m pretty confident finding deals, doing due diligence, doing the numbers, i even have two renos under my belt, and now that i have three properties all working and earning me 20 percent yields I feel pretty good about the principle. Although i’m not a millionaire yet, I see that I *will* be one. not just ‘i want to be’ or ‘i hope it happens’ – but like I have had some kind of Eureka moment about how if you spend less than you earn and invest the surplus at 15 percent or so, in an income producing asset that itself holds or gains it’s value over time, and if you reinvest the returns to acquire more assets, then it’s just an absolute no-brainer given – factoring in time – and not gearing too much so you have to dump (i.e., ‘go back three spaces and miss a turn’ – that i *will* be a millionaire.
    the speed in which that can happen depends on my earning, spending, and investing actions in the next few years, but i am guessing a few short years and i’ll have a million bucks worth of equity earning me 10 percent per annum clear.

you start with the baby deals to learn the ropes and then you see that the bigger deals are just the same, but you add a few zeroes..hehe

blah blah
    cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

hi Bear and Mini, sorry to come across as a negative prat. Listen, I really think the internet and websites like this have so much potential for spreading not only information, but wisdom! what’s the old saying? bits ain’t bytes, bytes ain’t data, data ain’t information, information ain’t knowledge, knowledge ain’t wisdom.”

I just am interested in maintaining what Steve, who has a Christian faith, really seeks to achieve, and that is a win win situation. After all, what is the point of being the only rich guy in a town full of poverty stricken. To me the future of wealth creation in Australia is all about win win. Further, without love in your heart, all the wealth in the world is an empty and lonely affair.

I am only trying to encourage a higher standard of excellence in making the private sector much more efficient in matching capital’s potential to meet demand. A free enterprise market works much more successfully when this achieved, and when you add love for others on top of that, there is a paradigm shift in investment strategising.

One of the forthcoming needs I see a great need for capital investment is in supplying cheaper accomodation for Gen X’s and asset rich/cash poor boomers. Group titles, commune style living are some of the ways I am investigating to break down security grills and rebuild social capital. To me, Australia needs to stop investing in property and put money into smarts, like medical breakthroughs, cheaper power production, cheaper education, ethics, cheaper means of production, period. Only then does our standard of living increase. I would love to see a culture of venture capital develop in Oz.

Does anyone else here resonate?

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to all

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Participant
    @minimogul

hi bruce, I totally resonate with the first three paragraphs and I agree that it’s no fun to be the only one with one’s financial shiznit together, that’s why I have been telling all my friends who are interested what I have been learning as I am learning it!

“To me, Australia needs to stop investing in property and put money into smarts, like medical breakthroughs, …”

hmmmmm
    I am disillusioned with medicine because of the ten-minute appointment where you get a drug prescribed to counteract the symptoms, butit won’t heal you.

There are other things which actually heal, and it ain’t drugs!!!

“cheaper power production”

I read this amazing article in Esquire about the z-machine, in the US desert, where they are trying to work on fusion – basically, you take a handful of dirt and a handful of water, and if you can blast enough energy at it, fusion happens which could power the whole world cheaply and safely. they just can’t quite get the voltage up yet….

‘cheaper education’

how about this forum? it’s for free (apart from the hosting costs!) But to have time to help others as we do, you have to have an element of free time, which means to some extent have escaped the rat race. which brings it back to investing. i think if people learned to spend less than they earned and invest the surplus, the financial independence that would give them (a little at first, more over time) would actually give them the TIME to learn, think, read, care, and do stuff for the world. whatever that might be.

‘ethics’
    ditto

‘cheaper means of production, period.’

Yeah!!! My newest obsession is prefabricated houses, with incredible design.

http://www.fabprefab.com
    ” a web resource dedicated to tracking developments in the realm of ‘modernist prefab dwellings’.

it’s a form of leverage where you get a high quality architecturally designed house for a fraction of the price.

“Only then does our standard of living increase.”
    I think any business that succeeds does so because it offers more for less, if you like. And so businesses do make the world a better place.

“I would love to see a culture of venture capital develop in Oz.”

I think it already does???? I mean a while back I had this ‘million dollar idea’ (!?!) which I went to see my lawyer about, and he was going to see his venture capital friends about it. (so they must exist????)
    it was a great idea, but retail, and therefore couldn’t have been patented. Also it would have taken over my life for two years while I started it off. And I didn’t want to. Idea for sale, though, however…

cheers-
    Mini

@thefirstbruce

Mini, great thoughts. Am into the prefab thing myself but have been dissappointed with its cost savings to date. Had a quick squiz at fabprefab and will explore.

Venture capital in Oz is still minimal. We are obsessed with putting all our capital into our homes, which do little for the growth of an economy. The banks then use the returns from our loans to lend money to new home buyers or upgraders, and comparatively little capital makes its way to R&D and novel business start ups. Nevertheless, we need the government to recognise the imperative of investing in R&D and tax breaks for start ups. If we don’t, our exports will continue to decline and imports increase. ANd we might have a nice home, but an unsustainable standard of living.

Re health, I work in the field, and can reassure you that most health care costs are related to lifetyle choice. i.e. artherosclerosis, obesity, and mental stress issues. We already have the knowledge to live much healthier lifestyles, but there is a lack of WILL to do so. Since the 1960s there has been an erosion of morals, self responsibility, self respect, and a sense of community. I fear we have replaced these things with something of far more questionable benefit. The press and elites are very loud with talk of rights. But for every right we expect, there is a reciprocal obligation imposed on someone else, for which the media and elites rarely mention.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hey all,

its interesting that you say that Bruce. Did you know that the health industry is the next Multi-Trillion $ industry. And thats not doctors, thats natural medicine, vitamins and minerals. People are getting sick of the way their being treated with doctors, and not getting the results they want. So they are turning to alternative medicines.

Just thought i might mention that. [:P]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Participant
    @bear1964

Wow! im So happy to see that this thread has turned positive again!

Mini and Bruce, What I can I say I loved reading your replies, and find them very thought provoking. Some are very similar thoughts as to my own, with others well its really got me thinking, which is obviously a good thing. Sometimes it takes people that think alike to confront each other b4 we realise how much we think alike. Who ever said confrontation is a bad thing? I have always believed that confrontation is just another form of communication.

Phobia, I couldn’t agree more, I have been involved with complementary medicine for about 10 years now and couldn’t agree more with your thoughts. For instance did you know in traditional Chinese medicine the practitioner is payed a small fee to keep you well, and if you become ill your treatment is free and sometimes the practitioner is publicly shamed. In the Western world the practitioners make their money form others not being well. Can only make you wonder the true motives of some practitioners in the western world when greed comes into the equation.

Regards Bear

@matt-p

Hey Bear,
    Thats interesting that you ahve spent the last ten years in natural medicines. I don’t suppose you have heard of Australian Longevity have you?

Matt

Participant
    @bear1964

No Sorry Matt i havnt.

What is it?

Regards Bear

@matt-p

Australian Longevity is a branch off American Longevity. Its was started by Dr. Joel Wallach over in America, and he has had nothing but absolute success with the products that he is producing. I personally had nothing medically wrong with but just my energy levels and attitudes have improved so much. One of my friends had serious lower back arthritis, and the doctors told him they couldn’t do anything but put him on pain killers for the rest of his life. After using Dr. Wallach’s products, i think for two months now, he has no pain, and his back is starting to repair itself. If your interested i coud recommend that you have a look at the website.

http://www.australianlongevity.com.au/

Also have a look at the testimonies

http://www.australianlongevity.com.au/testimonials/index.htm

The AMerican Longevity website looks better [:P]

http://www.americanlongevity.com

Dr. Wallach is very anti-Doctors. His doctorate is in Natural Medicine. Some intersting reading there.

Matt

@thefirstbruce

Hi Phobia,

Yes i have read Paul Pilzer’s book too. I believe there is an enormous need for health promotion. However, as a physiotherapist, I can assure you it is one thing to educate people, and quite another to get them to change their spots, eat better, and exercise more. I believe it will only happen when there is a concerted effort by government, the media, the AMA, and the scientific community to counter the damaging effects of fast food overindulgence and sedentary lifestyle. And in this respect, computers have a lot to answer for!!!!!!!

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

@matt-p

Hey Bruce,
    Its good to see that someone knows what I am talking about. A fact that Australia should be ashamed of is that, we have the most obese teenagers in the world as a ratio. We have more obese teenagers then America, i think that just wrong. Paul Pilzer is very successful person thats wfor sure.

Matt

Profile photo of ghotibghotib
    @ghotib

Wrenching this thread back towards property, do you see any way that your residential properties might promote, or at least enable, better nutrition and/or lifestyle? The garden seems like a good place to start: if you’re making and/or maintaining a garden anyway, as many people recommend, it’s no big deal to plant edibles as well as ornamentals. Any other ideas? Is it worth pursuing, in some places if not all? What could you do with units? What about environmentally responsible landlording, seeing as air and water are even more fundamental to good health than good food?

Ghoti

Without music, life would be a mistake.

Profile photo of BunsengBunseng
    Participant
    @bunseng

Hi all,

quote:

As things go, after a little due diligence, I wouldn’t invest in the town you are talking about. If anyone is interested in why, I am prepared to give them for free i.e. without a fee, the results of my insider knowledge on the primary employers in the area.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

I’m interested in why. If you prefer to email me then the address is [email protected]

I’ve just finished reading Steve’s book and it inspires me to start investing in property. The trouble is I’m living in SA and it doesn’t seem like there are any properties with +CF exist here. Today I went to an auction and inspect a few properties around my area just to get an idea of the market. No one raise their hands at the auction and at other properties the agents seemed to give me the impression that no one submitted any offer although they said they received some. One of the agents said to me 2 years ago it would be possible to get +CF properties but it’s impossible today.

I’m not giving up yet and I believe I need more education. Could someone give me some links to search for properties and relevance information before buying a property? I will appreciate it if someone share with me some links that they find useful.

Bunseng

@thefirstbruce

ghotib, I would suggest community gardens have been very successful in a number places, St Kilda VIC and Herston Qld are two I am familiar with.

These offer a very simple workable solution for people in high density areas to socialize and grow healthy stuff.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

@matt-p

Hi Bunseng and Welcome!

Other people have been posting about +CF Properties on this forum, if you use the search button at the top of the page you will find their threads. If you were desperate just to buy an IP then BEAR1964 and Rachel have been advertising in the Specifically Property! Topic to give you the deals as long as you pay them a commision. Probably a good way to start out.

Hope this helps. [:)]
    Matt

Profile photo of itsamooreyitsamoorey
    @itsamoorey

Hi guys,

if your seriously concerned about your health and

the health of your friends etc etc then have a

look at http://www.bodyforlife.com it will change your

life!

merry xmas and happy new year!!

itsamoorey

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi, yeah, my parents have been on nzlongevity for a few months now. My mum’s hair which was grey is growing back with pigment.! My Dad’s arthritis seems a lot better. I bought about $90 worth of the liquid vitamins, colloidal minerals, and calcium an I’ve taken them and they definitely are really good. Unfortunately you can’t get the liquid ones in Australia because there are different laws. but i think the products are great. As far as MLM goes it only costs like $13 bucks or so to be able to buy the products yourself wholesale, and so as far as i am concerned that’s not a rip off at all.
    i think it’s all good and i’m going to be buying another lot when I go back to NZ.
    sorry to digress from property.
    cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of ghotibghotib
    @ghotib

I know about community gardens and I’ve met several systems for distributing nutritional supplements and alternative health care products. But the thread got onto those things from talking about venture-capital and investment in alternative housing materials as ways to rebuild social capital.

Those sounded to me like big things that Other People do. I got to wondering how people like us, who receive some or all of our income as residential rents, might use our properties to rebuild social capital and/or to contribute to other common resources, such as clean air and water. Not just win/win for owner and tenant, but win/win/win for owner, tenant, and the general population.

Make sense? Anyone doing anything like this?

Ghoti

Without music, life would be a mistake.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.