All Topics / General Property / Who wants a + cashflow property?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi there ghotib,

” might use our properties to rebuild social capital and/or to contribute to other common resources, such as clean air and water. Not just win/win for owner and tenant, but win/win/win for owner, tenant, and the general population. “

Well going in to a town of 3,500 people and spending about 60k there on houses and 20K on materials at the local shops and employing tradesmen to end up with a property that offers ‘more for less’ to a tenant – nicer than similar properties available at the same price – i.e. being competitive – it’s a win win, stimulationg the local economy. All the tradesmen and vendors now with money in their pockets can also spend it. And then there’s more income and more taxes for the gov’t and more money to put into roads and water and and and…

basically I see investors coming in to an area as creating employment. The average wage in that area is 13500 PA, and as i spent more than that there, I reckon I kinda created the equivalent of one job, even though it was spread over various people.

BTW i went back to the area and now there are two trendy cafes not just one. So there’s an effect of people spending money in the area, there’s more demand for nice things for people to spend their money on.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Mini

Re: Supplements from NZ, you should be able to order them from a NZ distributor without to much hassle, especially anything under $250.00. believe Australia and NZ have an agreement even though products that can be found in NZ take a ‘lot’ longer to eventually be available in Australia.

Friend of mine get’s “Twinlab” supplements from NZ not widely available in Australia

Itsamoorey :

“Body-for-life” and the “success journal” both good buy’s, see there’s now a “Eating for life” book out by Bill Phillips and EAS ( Bill Phillips is a “marketing Guru” in his field).. try doing H.I.I.T cardio – “kills”[xx(]

Everyone else

Sorry to get off track here !!

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Greetings Bruce,

After thinking for a few days on wether I should reply to your posts personally or upon the forum I have decided to do it upon the forum, as this is where you have chosen to take it.

Bruce Said: By all means try and make a buck by doing web searches for those who come to this newsgroup but don’t have the time or experience to search rural areas themselves. You could even take responsibility for their entire due diligence!

Well 1st of all I did not find the properties on the web, I had been there personally. 2nd everyone needs to do their own due diligence and yes I did my own and even bought property there.

Bruce said: My point is you might want to give less information than ‘West Coast of Tasmania’ when advertising on the forum.

If you were so concerned about others finding out where the properties were then why post the addresses upon the forum? If as you say you found the properties before receiving my 1st email reply, then why waste my time sending me more questions when you had no intent of purchasing? I have my suspicions on what your motives were but only you know the true answer to this question.

Bruce said: You said to me “Your facts are not correct for the properties i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!”
    Time has shown that you erred in judgement on this matter. I wonder what else you err in judgement on…

How have I erred in judgment? The fact that you believe that the properties can not be rented out? How many locals have you spoken to? I have spoken to many locals, and the council and found there seems to be a shortage in rental properties.

Bruce said: You mean Maurice Hodgson told me a lie about these properties?

No, Im suggesting that a lot of the info you posted on the forum is incorrect in my opinion.

Bruce said: hi Bear and Mini, sorry to come across as a negative prat. Listen, I really think the internet and websites like this have so much potential for spreading not only information, but wisdom! what’s the old saying? bits ain’t bytes, bytes ain’t data, data ain’t information, information ain’t knowledge, knowledge ain’t wisdom.”

Your point being? After your emails and your insistence to challenge me on these properties on the forum tells me you have too much time on you hands.

Bruce said: I just am interested in maintaining what Steve, who has a Christian faith, really seeks to achieve, and that is a win win situation. After all, what is the point of being the only rich guy in a town full of poverty stricken. To me the future of wealth creation in Australia is all about win win. Further, without love in your heart, all the wealth in the world is an empty and lonely affair.

That’s why Steve has moderators and administrators. What win/win situation are you trying to achieve by putting the address’s on the net? Now other people willing to share info on properties they would like to share with others will think twice about the info they put on the forum.

Bruce said: I am only trying to encourage a higher standard of excellence in making the private sector much more efficient in matching capital’s potential to meet demand. A free enterprise market works much more successfully when this achieved, and when you add love for others on top of that, there is a paradigm shift in investment strategising.

I fail to see where your love is coming from? I seem to only pick up on negativity. Something that even you acknowledge with the statement of coming across as a negative prat.

I am new to property investment, and on all accounts I think im doing a good job. I know once I have more experience under my belt, I know im not going to shoot down others trying to make a go of it nor attempt to be a brick in a wall for them to achieve their goals.

If I have made mistakes, which I know I have I will learn from them. One thing I confirmed is with all the good intentions in the world there are always people out there that for what ever reason will attempt to become a brick in the wall for others and waste other peoples time. I have learnt not to give info out so freely as it can bite us in the b*m with the deceitful people obtaining the info for all the wrong reasons.

Kindest Regards Bear

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Apologising in advance to going off track here [:P].

quote:

Unfortunately you can’t get the liquid ones in Australia because there are different laws.

You can now order a lot more america to come to Australia. I think that there is also a lot in NZ that you can order to come to Australia. Mini if your a memeber speak to your upline and they should know something about ordering it in.

And yes $12 is not very much to start yourself in MLM at ground level in a very successful business.

Otherwise email:

mattparry”at”hotmail.com

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Ghoti wrote:

‘Wrenching this thread back towards property, do you see any way that your residential properties might promote, or at least enable, better nutrition and/or lifestyle?’

Though it’s conbtrolled by developers rather than property buyers, the street layout of subdivisions has a lot to answer for in encouraging sedentary lifestyles.

Developments with cul-de-sacs make walking less practical than suburbs with have grid street layouts. This, plus the closer spacing of facilities and better public transport, are the reasons why walking is much more widespread in inner suburbs than outer suburbs.

But most kids are raised in outer suburbs, and this is where they will pick up sedentary habits due to the necessity to drive everywhere.

This is reinforced in pretty much all aspects of urban design in outer suburbs.

For instance highways that do not have houses or shops fronting onto them reduce ‘informal supervision’ and are percieved as unsafe for pedestrians worried about muggings at night.

Also the tendency for shops to face towards parking lots (rather than the footpath) further discourages walking.

Large roundabouts ensure a constant stream of traffic, rather than bursts of traffic as with traffic lights. Roundabouts hinder pedestrian access and thus the ‘walkability’ of neigbourhoods.

Cul-de-sacs and loop streets, apart from discouraging walking, also make fast, frequent and well-patronised bus routes almost impossible to set up.

The reason for all this urban vandalism is that road engineers, obsessed with the throughput of cars, have controlled the planning process for about the last 40 years. Fortunately this is being countered by community groups and the ‘New Urbanism’ movement in the US, but not yet enough to change the face of many new subdivisions here.

Back to Ghoti’s point as to what we can do. Well we could (as all the books encourage) buy property that’s walking distance to town, shops and/or public transport. Thus at least we can give our tenants opportunties to lead active lives.

One of my more depressing theories is that almost everything we do (no matter how noble) has some unintended (and not necessarily good) side-effect.

If too many investors regard walkability and access as a consideration, then the price gradient between well-located properties and those less located will increase due to greater competition for them. Thus first buyers will be priced out of the best areas (as we’ve seen in the last boom where inner suburbs rose first and quickest).

The well-off will be able to walk to everything, whereas the battlers are forced out to the cul-de-sacs where the hourly bus service finishes at 7pm. Thus they will have to drive everywhere, and spend a huge proportion of their money on cars.

Because of this socially-mandated consumption, there is precious little left over for investment. The gaps between those who can accumulate capital and those who can’t or don’t will increase (note that differences in wealth are starker than differences in income, and (I suspect) differences in passive income are even greater.

About the only solution is if people give up on owning their PPOR. By renting they might be able to afford to live in a better serviced (and walkable) suburb that they can’t afford to buy in. They’d be less sedentary and transport costs could be lower, so it might be possible to invest more (including buying property for others like them to rent). As a tenant they’d also have the glee of contributing to some negative-gearer’s 3% rental yield!

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

Just out of curiosity, what do people charge for a spotters fee?

Fibejebe.

(PS. Am wondering whether the moderators should edit Bruce’s post where he lists the two addresses that he got off the Bear.)

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Fibejebe,

The commission varies from person to person. I have a base that i im hoping for, however I’m always looking for a win/win and willing to listen to whats on offer from the buyer. I guess communication is the key.[:D]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Bear1964,

Here is a link for you, that might be of some benefit,

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=915bc5631dc0fd154b11071b2af8e320&threadid=13263

I agree with what you have said and all, and also for myself, i dont like the ways of how Bruce has gone about spoiling and ruining your helpfulness of finding such properties and helping new investors or investors who are tryin to get into the market.

Maybe we should, find his property and expose it?

and see how he likes it.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks for your support SIS.

I don’t think we should expose his properties myself. I like to be myself, and if I was to ruin someone else’s efforts then I would not be happy with myself, as I like to help people, not hinder them. Hard to stay focused on that at times, but it makes the world a much better place for all.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Bear and SIS, you chastise me for exposing ‘your’ properties. But let me remind you that Bear said, before he even knew what I was talking about, that my facts were not correct. i.e.

“Your facts are not correct for the properties i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!”

That’s the only reason I put the street addresses up, without mentioning the town you might have noticed.

As for my facts, I spoke at length with the agent, part of due diligence, and was told one of the properties had not been able to be rented in a long time, and needed a lot of work before it would be.

This all raises the issue that everyone has to do their own due diligence. So why take the word of anyone here. My views were expressed to provide more information than Bear was prepared to volunteer. Bear has even been to this town, and seems to know less about these properties than Maurice told me in a 10 minute phone call. I also have friends in the mining industry and the Tasmanian public health department, and know about Sterlite Industries plans and the extent of the new hospital development. On this basis, I stand by everything I have said.

Let everyone do their own due diligence, before paying spotter’s fees.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Participant
    @bear1964

Bruce.

Maybe your due diligence is limited!

I have spoken to Maurice and many others while I was there. For alot more then 10 minutes. Personally I totally disagree with you. It seems to me you are living in the past, and not taking your blinkers off. My due diligence has told me there is a shortage of rental properties in the town. But I do agree with you on that fact that every one should do their own due diligence, which I have said from the start. But you seem to think I should have done it for every one that was interested in the properties. As I have said on numerous occasions, what is +ve for one is not necessarily +ve for another.

Despite the fact you tracked down the properties and exposed them after the invitation to contact me personally, which u done on many occasions wasting my time as you were nothing but a tyre kicker, I still say your facts are wrong! Some were correct others were wrong!
    But we have been thru all this previously. Seems like this discussion is done to death.

Good luck with your ventures, but don’t waste any more of my time, on the forum, emails or anything else.

Regards Bear

@thefirstbruce

Bear, win/wins are only possible when you respect others. You made the comment

“Your facts are not correct for the properties i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!”

without knowing what I was talking about. In future, give the benefit of the doubt that others may know what they are talking about.

I was motivated to have this conversation on the forum out of best interest for all those who visit it. To hide our opinions privately on email would have worked against the prinicples of why this newsgroup was established.

Let all considering a purchase in Queenstown do their due diligence, and consider capital gains versus house maintenance costs.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Participant
    @bear1964

Win/win is only possible when people are honest and genuine not Tyre kickers!!!!!

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Bruce,

oh boy…. man, take a chill pill…. relax, this is a forum, you must understand and realise why others, here are not happy with your intentions for exposing somes efforts and deals to locate +ve cashflow for other investors and people on here.

Sometimes you have to let things go and sit back and watch, im sure that the people who were interested in Bears’ deals would have futher done more due dillegence, and figured for themselves, if either they should carry on with a spotters deal.

But for what you have have done, and carried on like this, im sure many of us, are now thinking twice before advertising or mentioning +ve cashflow properties, its people like you…. who ruin things for other people and further benefits, that they could of, or have recieved, many great deals or statistical information, that can be very helpful for many of us.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of beerboybeerboy
    Participant
    @beerboy
    Quote:
    hi mini.there is a tape out by dr wallach called dead doctors dont lie.brillant tape . did u know the average life of a doctor in america is 54 years of age.i also take minerals and supplements i now have more energy than ever. the reason why i mention this i think to many investors are unhealthy.investment decisions come easier with a healthy mind.dr wallach believes that the natural health industry is going to be bigger than the .com.era.i think rivkin needs a little help in this area.cheers
    Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sis,

Bear and Bruce have differing opinions on where and how one finds deals, and the purpose of paying spotters’ fees. I’m sure we can respect that. You don’t need to speak for others about the way we read topics. If you are annoyed with Bruce, discuss *your* annoyance. As for me, I expect differing opinions on a forum such as this- it’s the “argy bargy” of discussoin that makes forums interesting- where each can add his/her opinoin, and the rest of us can check out the differing ideas. Without different ideas, this would be a pretty boring place.

Feel free to put your ideas on the board, and allow others the same opportunity.

Given that Bears and Bruce are both adults, presumably each can work out their differences logically, and we can all learn from the things they say- whether we agree with one or the other is irrelevant- it’s the opportunity for discussion that’s important.

kay henry

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Sorry Kay, temporarlly going of topic. [:P] But just for a minute.

BeerBoy are u taking Dr. Wallachs products. Australian Longevity?

Back on topic again.

This is directed to everyone. Different people have different thoughts and actions. Why is there any need to put someone down. If your thoughts are putting someone else down then we don’t want to see it on here. Keep it to yourself.

Kay I totaly agree with you.

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Participant
    @bear1964

Kay

I do agree with u, however there is a difference b/w a difference of opinion and giving out details for all to see after asking 1001 question via emails.

Nothing wrong with differing opinions, but there is with posting address’s of properties in my opinion.

I am a busy man as im sure most of us are. His intent for finding out more information was obviously not for interest of purchasing. He also seemed to have a bee in his bonnet in his personal emails about my posting and having Steve’s permission in the 1st place.

All I can say is I now know what Steve Mc means when he says tyre kickers!

Regards Bear

@thefirstbruce

Henry and Matt, thanks for your reasoned replies.

Sis and Bear, disgruntled REAs call due diligence tyre kicking. I am yet to meet anyone who puts an offer in on every property he inspects. If my son was to buy real estate based on advice from a stranger, then i would also encourage them to tyre kick. Obviously, a seller is happiest when he gets his money easiest- with the least questions asked, and the least amount of work to do.

Bear, I certainly asked you a lot of questions via email, but you provided minimal information. (I am happy to copy and paste our email conversations as proof.) You did this to avoid losing your spotter’s fee by giving away too much for free. As I said, you made an emphatic statement that I did not know which properties you were talking about. You were wrong. I wanted to let other’s know that the West Coast of Tasmania is a small place with a handful of properties for sale.

I hope my posts have educated others that with a little knowledge of realestate.com, domain.com, and google, they can do a lot of research themselves without a middle man. I hope my efforts to instruct for free are appreciated as much as your efforts to charge for information freely available on the internet.

I am sure Steve McNight’s Christian morals will swing to favour the free sharing of instruction to favour all. Not that I am against middle men, as long as they are truly adding value.

Let’s just let it rest there.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Participant
    @bear1964

Bruce said
    As I said, you made an emphatic statement that I did not know which properties you were talking about. You were wrong. I wanted to let other’s know that the West Coast of Tasmania is a small place with a handful of properties for sale.

Where did i make that statment? Seems you are twisting my words yet again. I said Your facts are not correct for the properties i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!! I think the people in the forum can make their own minds up!

Yes im putting it to rest. But as i said previously dont contact me again! I have plenty of genuine people to put my time into.

Good luck with your ventures.

Regards Bear

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.