All Topics / Heads Up! / Omegatrend

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

The Sun Herald in Sydney last Sunday had an article about the Watts selling their multi million dollar home so one could assume that someone is making some money from this!

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day all…

Like most of you I too have been hassled by well meaning friends to “sign up”.

The best answer you can give them is this…
    ” Come back and ask me 12 months from today, and if you’re still involved I will sign up”.

You stay friends and of course they will have moved on… no one has ever come back to sign me up.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages, Option Writing & Forex. [email protected]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Bill,

Had the same from 2 “friends”.

First friend opened the phone conversation with “I want to put a business proposition to you”.

My response: “As long as it isn’t Amway, I’ll listen”.

Friend’s response: “What if it is?”

Guess what it was!!

Second “friend” .. went on about the lifestyle of Amway .. I suggested that he bring his own pen if he wanted me to sign anything.

These people seem to push the point that MLM is not Pyramid selling because the purchase price of the product is the same at all levels. True, it is, and legally it is not pyramid selling. But it’s still Americanised crap.

Regards, Phil

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I’ve had my turn in this game about 10 years ago.

They will insist it’s not “pyramid selling” and it’s not. They will insist it’s legal – and it is.

But the business model can ONLY work by getting more people to sign up. Most people go straight to friends and family and put pressure on them. The companies know this and play on it. This is an uncomfortable situation at best.

There are some side benefits in being with motivated people and all the emphasis on motivation can help well beyond the bounds of the MLM environment.

But at the end of the day, you need to be a salesperson. You’re selling a business. You need to be a networker. You need to be assertive. And simply, not everyone is like that.

Profile photo of NamasteNamaste
    @namaste

Well well. What has suprised me most from this thread is the number of “us” who have tried MLM (me included). I guess I shouldn’t be suprised tho’ as being a member of this forum shows we are all keen on finding a strategy to achieve financial freedom and we all acknowledge that working for a boss or even having your own business probably won’t give you that.

Kindred, I admire your ethics and wish you much success.

I agree with a lot of the posts in that I think Omegatrend can work for some people. If you have the people skills, dedication and networking abilities you might just make it. Not me – I’m socially backward [:P]

Namasté

Profile photo of GotitrightnowGotitrightnow
    @gotitrightnow

quote:

Hi there,

Has anyone heard of Omegatrend and if so what are you thoughts/comments/opinion?

Thanx

Nat

Profile photo of GotitrightnowGotitrightnow
    @gotitrightnow

Hi there Nat.

I, like you, have tried Omegatrend and didnt get much in return. Now I am involved with a fantastic company called Melaleuca and I am building a business with out all the tapes, books and functions that you had to do to even get help with Omegatrend.
    I would love to tell you about what I am doing and you decide for yourself if youwant to become involved.
    Im sure glad that I did.
    I didnt realise that there is a company out there that looks after the little guys like they do.

Email me and we will talk sometime.

Kim
    [email protected]

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

[Hey Wayne,

About bloody well time you updated you Market bloody comment isnt it? I used to enjoy that. How do we find out when you update again?

Brent1

quote]
    Omegatrend is modelelled on Amway as I stated above.

I wents to find the site I was talking about but it seems amway has sooled its lawyers onto the site owner and he has pulled the site.

But here is a google search page with a number of mirror and similars sites.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=the+truth+about+amway&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Have Fun[;)]

Wayne

http://netvantage.netfirms.com
    [/quote]

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Hiya Brent1,

All this talk of ASIC has gotten me very bloody jittery[:O] So have pulled the page for the moment until I clarify what the story is.

Thanks for the interest[:)]

Cheers Wayne

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Profile photo of giladgilad
    @gilad

i’m currently involved in omegatrend.
    we’re undergoing some changes, and it’s looking much better with the subsidised incomes.
    if you’re interested email me and i can pass on more information to anyone.

regards,
    Gilad

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Has anyone hear of Australian Longevity. Thats probably going to be the next big MLM busines. People are sick of the way they are being treated by doctors, so they are turning to alternative medicine, and health products seem to be the only way now. And thats what AL deals with health products.

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Wouldn’t it be good if these salespeople- for example, amway- were buy and hold? Why do they wanna flip their goods onto us?

Financial freedom comes in many ways. it’s amazing that people think if they have ten pozz cashflow houses, they’ll be financially free. i have much more income working in a job than i will ever get from RE. I also have things like:

* social contact
    * development and use of skills
    * respect from colleagues and others I work with
    * satisfaction of completion of projects etc…

Why are people all trying to quit the workforce? what are ya gonna do then? (this is serious folks- I know you might have visions of floating down the riviera- but really…)

Employment can offer us many things in life. We can have employment PLUS investments- it isn’t so bad :O)

kay henry

Profile photo of KindredKindred
    @kindred

Hi there, Its Kindred once again,

Im back to tell you Im still in Omegatrend!:
    I have lots of news that some of you may be interested in.

For example, Omegatrend IS a Pyramid, but in saying that, I dont want to scare anyone away from it, because for a simple fact, even though it is a Pyramid, you can still earn money in it, I know Im going to!.., I’ll tell you how….

1. My Upline guaranteed all these things were gonna happen blah blah blah, He started to misrepresent things and I figured the only reason why he was doing that, is because he was all in making himself rich and not helping me. He also tried to make me buy more products when I didnt even have any downlines!!

I thought whats the point of buying products if I dont even have a downline?, you know what he said? “well you have to contribute to your upline”…..

2. The silly thing he didnt realise was, is that Im not stupid!.

Guess what Im gonna do?

Because he mucked me around and Ive done my homework (I know MlMs inside out now)Ive decided, Bah! if he wants to get rich in this, he can get my downline for me!, because, In Omegatrnd and most other MLMs, the upline cant earn money unless they have a huge downline, If I sit around on my bum, they’ll have to do it! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.Im not doing anything now, except pay my yearly fee!.

If they get all hissy fits over me then tough!, ALl i have to say back to them is, “You LIED to me, YOURE ALL OUT FOR YOURSELF” and thats not gonna make them look good in front of others is it?

I will contribute to the Business, once they have put alot of people under me, that will be my way of contributing to the UPLINE!!

3. All Im trying to say is, if you have an upline that youre sure is only out for themselves, then let them do the work!!

They guarantee this Company is gonna make you alot of money, and they go on about how well theyre doing and that you can do it too, they also say its EASY…

well if thats the story, and they know it all, then LET THEM do it!.

Omegatrend is going to the USA in October apparently, and my uplines have to go over there to join more people, (Under Me)heh heh.

Now wouldnt you agree that this is a bloody good Investment or what?, Its the best in the world!.

Ill be earning money just for sittin on my Butt!

I was so ready to go for it when I joined, all prepared, sacrificed alot for it, till I found out what they were really like after I joined.

My advice is, Join now, before it goes to the States,
    if you wanna make money.

But tell youre Sponsor (the person whos trying to get you in), that you know, if they muck you around, and dont get you to a level as soon as they promise they will, then tell them they will be on their own,
    youll soon see their reactions and theyll be wondering if they had of shown you the business in the first place!

I hope this advice and story comes to some use,
    not everytihng is as airy fairy as people say it is, the trick is thats its up to you to make it that way..

and remember:

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND,

whats the moral of the story?

DONT LIE, BE HONEST.

[:p][8D][:D][:o)][8)]

Kindred

p.s you wanna make sure that the person who is trying to get you to join, isnt already high up the line
    (e.g. a presidential… level three or two is best)
    because if a presidential or premiere joins you, then leaves you in the dust, it wont matter if you try to get them to do all the work, because thy will almost be at the top anyway…………mind my grammar

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Kindred,

Your plan has a basic flaw.

They need three downlines to make money. As do you.

You are one of their downlines. Sure if you stop recruiting they will recruit under you. But only in one downline. When they get someone under you that pulls their weight they will work with this person to develop their three downlines.

You can have 500 people under you in one line and not make a cent if the other two lines aren’t there.

My friends have been trying to recruit me to Omegatrend for over five years. Funny thing was that the US was always 6 months off as long as I have known them!

I don’t even know what the attraction is with the US. I hear it is saturated with these MLM companies already. I think it is just a carrot to entice new members along with the marketing slides of big houses, flash cars and aeroplanes…..

Best of luck,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of KindredKindred
    @kindred

Sorry Simon but your message has the flaw.

Omegatrend has changed their system in away where members have to fill the entire lines downwards.

e.g

upline is the first.
    they now need three. (One is Me)
    now under me and two others, they need a total of nine people. 3 under me and the other two.
    now under the line of 9 people they need 27 people, thats 3 people under my three, three people under the under two people’s three.

Thats how it works, yes I know what you are saying that I am only one of the downlines, and they can work under me, but it doesnt work that way anymore!.

My uplines need to fill their whole triangle!!.

The reason why you may not know this is because you are not actually in the business and have not been told about certain things.

If your friend has been trying to join you for years, think then why dont you know about this??

Many people try to sucker others into the business for their own benefits.

Now that this new system is in place, its alot harder on the upline.

cheers,

Kindred

[8D]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Now that this new system is in place, its alot harder on the upline.

So you are saying it is harder to build a business? I mean you hope to be the upline for many people?

None of the folks trying to recruit me seem to be have aquired houses, boats and cars like the ones on the promotion slides – I really hope you do better!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Hi all,
    I believe that what kindred said in her first post was the best advice. That is, if you analyse a business opportunity and think it has something to offer to others, and is otherwise sound, then forget what others are doing, wether succeeding or failing, and put your head down and go for it. If you render a fortune of service to others, they will render a financial fortune to you. Lack of dedication will let you down anywhere, be it MLM, property or otherwise.
    Kind regards,
    Si

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Kindred, the greatest proof of all is when you can prove financially that it (OT) works for you and then you can prove your success to us, this system is the same that was used by evision (websites).
    Introduce me to 10 local self made millionaires and I will be swayed until then good selling … regards Phil

Profile photo of JayJay
    @jay

Simon makes a good point here.

Every single person who has experienced Amway and the like in this thread has posted that they are no longer with the company. The only people positive about it seems to be those just beginning, who have yet to achieve any semblance of financial security from the business, and whose posts are peppered with “Im going to” and “it will happen” (no offence meant to these posters, positivity is a valuable asset). BUT if Amway / other MLMs are such a wonderful means of making money, why havent more people retired simply on the passive income it provides?

I know numerous people who have the means to retire after investing in property and shares…. I dont know one single person who has achieved financial independence through Amway etc, let alone achieved true wealth.

Just a thought,

Jay.

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

One of the real benefits of OT is that you will develop magnificent thigh muscles from standing up and clapping each and every speaker. The weekend get togethers are the best, a real solid workout [;)].

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.