All Topics / Heads Up! / Omegatrend

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Profile photo of ntan0502ntan0502
    @ntan0502

Hi there,

Has anyone heard of Omegatrend and if so what are you thoughts/comments/opinion?

Thanx

Nat

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

well this isnt really about property but I know people who have tried it and quit after 6 to 12 months.

I have also found some very negative feedback on MLM watchdog sites.

but hey like anything your success is in direct relation to your effort.

Cam.

Profile photo of shagstarshagstar
    @shagstar

Nat,

My only suggestion is be ruthless with who you listen to. People will quit or fail at lots of things, that has no bearing on what you can achieve. I don’t know specifically about Omegatrends but some of my close friends are very successful Network Marketing business owners.
    If you are fair dinkum about anything, seek out the people who know what they are talking about for your info, not someone who will give you their opinion(and everyone will)! Successful people look for successful examples in any endeavour.

Shaggy
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ntan0502ntan0502
    @ntan0502

Thank you Shaggy

Much appreciated

Profile photo of GlobetrotterGlobetrotter
    @globetrotter

MLM is not for everyone.
    I tried Omegatrend for about 6 mths, and think it is a reasonable business. But to as the business isn’t about selling great products, it is about chasing members, it didn’t suit me very well.
    I couldn’t help feeling that I was just bugging people all the time.
    Have also got friend who most people now take distance to because as soon as he meets someone he tries to get them to join, and people around him found this annoying.

If you go to all the meetings though you get some excellent sales training and experience in talking to people, and it may be worth signing up just for that.

..Mika

Profile photo of ntan0502ntan0502
    @ntan0502

Thanks Mika and Shaggy

Your advice has been great….

I will give it a go, I have nothing to loose, but only something to gain from this.

So once again, thanx

Profile photo of lozza123lozza123
    @lozza123

I have friends that joined up for Omegatrend… To them it was going to be their saviour… they have a little baby and needed to have a business they could run from home.

Unfortunately, after paying the entry fee and buying some of the products, they couldn’t get enough people to sign up so they could move up to the “next level”…

They tried to join us up and we felt bad because we didn’t. They were really inspired and committed to it, but one year later I think they got sick of bugging everybody and gave up.

I feel it’s pretty much like Amway…. the products appear to be treated as “secondary” to the actual pyramid thing (or the circle, as Omegatrend draws it!!)

But good luck if you’ve got the commitment to make it work for you.

Lozza

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

ntan0502

I am not saying that this is correct but you have so far made 4 posts 3 in this thread.

I think you are already a member and are trying to “feel” the market here.

a better place to post this would be on an MLM site I think.

I applaud you for trying though

just a thought.

Profile photo of Daniel2Daniel2
    @daniel2

i did this for a year and got no where with this,i guess it wasn’t for me.
    Daniel.

Profile photo of bonemanboneman
    Participant
    @boneman

The problem with a lot of these organisations is that the products are average (or just plain suck). When a person joins up and doesn’t make a lot of money (and let’s face it not everyone will) they drop out because the products aren’t worth hanging around for. It’s better to become involved with an organisation where the products are the main focus. This will then make the business side of it more sustainable.

Profile photo of George1George1
    @george1

This type of selling is immoral and should be heavily regulated. It’s like a certain type of religion that come and knock on your door on a Sunday push their religion onto you – when they should be at church anyway. I had this bloke from AMWAY bug me and bug me. In the end I gave him $110 to join and shut him up. The members call it a business but its just a scam full of parasites. That’s my opinion anyway[^].

Profile photo of Daniel2Daniel2
    @daniel2

Hi Nat,
    As i said in my last post me and my partner did this for one whole year and got no where.
    I’d suggest before you join up find out all the ins and outs of omegatrend as i had to learn the hard way(by jumping straight in).I’ll let you no now that you have to at least spend $400 month to reach your 30pv,thats with people in your business or no people in your business and when trying save a deposit for a house it’s pretty hard.My partner did all of the ladies work shop parties which did help but trying to find people to come to them and spend money was a hard thing to do,maybe this might be ok for you.
    Another thing they say is you can do this business on just two hours a week but thats just not true you are constantly bugging people for a BP or trying to get them to a weekly presentation.
    How ever if you do decide to join a good coach to learn from would be Glenn Wright(He’s very positive and very confident).
    Anyway thats just my view on omegatrend,maybe you are a confident person and you might just do well,anyway all the best if you have any questions just post me.
    Good luck
    Daniel.[:)]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

I think Network Marketing companies are very much like anything in life – you will get some people who make a go of it and succeed (usually 5%), and the rest will fall by the wayside. Take a look at some of the statistics on property investors and how many properties they own, and you’ll find the same 5% success rate there too (ie people who buy more than 1 or 2 properties).
    It’s not the opportunity itself that is flawed or a bad thing, it’s what the person taking the opportunity makes of it.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

I was given a link that tells thr true story of network marketing. It was about Amway, but Loren Watts, the originator of Omegatrends was an Amway “Diamond Distributor” (yeah I got sucked into it about 10 years ago) I’ll try and find it and post it here.

A few comments based on the website and my own experiences.

*Yes, you can become extremely successful, but the reality is far removed from the story they tell people at the lower levels.

*They say you can become sucessful working the business part time…..true! providing you put in at least 40 hours per week, preferably more.[:O]

*Your business expenses will be far in excess of you gross profit until you get to the higher levels. The expenses are something they neglect to tell you.[:O]

*According to the Amway site, even “Diamond Distributers”, if you remove the income they make from selling the tapes, seminars and books etc. are not profitable. That is why they push the tapes, seminars and books so hard. In other words even the diamonds business expenses exceed the gross profit from product sales.[:O]

*They talk about retiring quite a lot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! the diamonds work harder and longer than anyone.[:O]

Thats just a few points. But in the spirit of banishing negativity from this forum, I say go for it. It will be a growing experience at least. It will cost you a lot of money and time but they try to shove as much positive down your throat as you can possibly stand (at a cost to you of course); which can be of benefit later on.

OK I’m off to see if I can find this site I was talking about.

Wayne

http://netvantage.netfirms.com

@waynel

Omegatrend is modelelled on Amway as I stated above.

I wents to find the site I was talking about but it seems amway has sooled its lawyers onto the site owner and he has pulled the site.

But here is a google search page with a number of mirror and similars sites.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=the+truth+about+amway&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Have Fun[;)]

Wayne

http://netvantage.netfirms.com

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all

one thing i’ve observed with some of these MLM is the business is incredibly fragile. i have a friend who was in Amway, he made it to the direct level (where you are supposed to have made it). in talking to some “diamonds’ (even higher up) he was told that they knew the business was not as solid as they presented and always at risk of collapsing if downline legs fell apart. Anyway that is what happened to my friends business 2 key couples in his downline both had a marriage breakup, it destroyed their whole downlines and my friends business in the process.
    Having said all that another friend in Amway lent me Rich Dad Poor Dad and other “recommended” books these have been really important to me in getting me to where i am. No MLM for me, no i’ll take property any day thanks.
    westan

@waynel

quote:

No MLM for me, no i’ll take property any day thanks.
    westan

When you think of the money it costs to run the business in the early stages, one could easily start a property investing business.

Another thing they tell you is that once the work is done, it’s done! and you can move on to a new leg. Well weston, yo and I know thats not true.

Funny, you could say the same thing about property investing and is WOULD be true.

So agree with you wholeheartedly

Wayne

Profile photo of jezjez
    @jez

Having seen the material that Amway try to use to get people in, I wouldn’t touch MLM with a 30 foot pole! It just has absolutely no basis whatsoever. They give you all this marketing psychological crap, but no evidence to back up their claims. My bullshit-o-meter was going hot.

It’s also alleged that Kiyosaki only put the positive comments on MLM in his books so that he could sell it through Amway. I feel sorry for the person who tried to suck me into it, because he has already been fooled. I’ve also heard that anyone who has become millionares through the whole scheme have done so through selling motivational materials, rather than the actual products (which tend to suck anyway).

Jeremy Lunn
    Melbourne

Profile photo of KindredKindred
    @kindred

Hi there Nat,

I’m a 21 yr old female from New Zealand.

I’ve been an Omegatrend member for nearly three months, hasn’t anyone told you how to earn points without spending too much money???
    All you need to do is ask the people who do not wish to join, if you can earn points from their Alliance bills etc. The cool thing is, that these people who let you use their bill don’t have to pay anything!!!!. If you have downline members, give the points to your downline, As they will go up to you anyway, this way you are helping them too. Tell them to do the same for their downline. Remember you must achieve at least 30 personal Global points per month, but don’t spend all your money, use it wisely.
    I am going to be honest, I never spend up to $400 on products, anyone would be crazy to!.
    All you need to do is switch your phone, power etc to omegatrends alliances.
    Don’t fall into the trap where you must attend all the presentations. On your welcome letter it should state to attend the “Functions!”.
    It is the functions which help you learn to run your business properly.
    The biggest advice I will give you is,
    Don’t think about yourself in this business.
    Think about others, and others only.
    It is like the saying, “What Comes around, Goes Around”
    Do good for others, and others will do good for you.
    Don’t force your downline to buy products if it is only going to benefit you and not them.Remember they are joing you, and obviously trust you if theyve joined you, Don’t lose that trust.
    Train your people straight away and really well, Train them as soon as they join, make at least two visits to them a week. Encourage them and support them all the way. And whatever you do, Don’t Lie To Them!!!.
    If your upline member is telling you to do things you don’t think is right, e.g. Misrepresenting Omegatrend, do the right thing and don’t copy them, because as you might not know, members who do that, are only out for themselves, and not you or anybody else.
    Remember there are wolves in sheeps clothing in ever business, you just have to train yourself to recognise them.
    If you are unhappy with your Upline, you have every right to change to someone else.
    If you don’t have the proper support in this business, As I assume you don’t otherwise you wouldn’t be on this site, Do it yourself, Don’t waste your time relying on your uplines if theyre not helping you, Help your downline, theyre the ones who need you.
    P.s
    Start learning more about how to achieve wealth,
    Don’t ever give up if you are serious,
    Don’t rely on one investment.
    If you only invest in one business, and it goes dowm, you have nothing left but a boring sucky job (if you have a job)
    Read the book “Think and Grow Rich”- Napoleon Hill. You can find the Ebook version of this book on the net for free.
    Don’t under estimate the power of the internet. It has so much knowledge on there!!!.
    Read Robert T. Kiyosaki’s Books and/or Play his game Cashflow 101 if you can.
    Invest in knowledge but remember to take action!!!
    (Action without knowledge is useless,
    Knowledge without Action is foolish).

I hope what I have just said, helps you in a big way, I wish you all the best, and all the best to anyone else who is reading this.

To your success,

Kindred

Profile photo of itstimeitstime
    @itstime

Hi i have been involved in omegatrend and amway and if i had used the time and money back then to pursue investing in property i doubt that i would be working full time today as a newbie that has just started to invest i can tell you that the rewards for my effort now outstrip any thing i got out of these two companies.Think wisely

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.