All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Be careful of PCG.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Hi all,

I just need to some advise on what has happened to me in the past 24 hrs regarding a company called PCG or Property Consulting Group. They source properies for you and try to get your business after you have attended Henrys Kayes 15 Investment Seminar.

I too did the HK course about a year and 3 months ago. After completing I also signed up for the PCG. (Yes I was naive and stupid). Cant change it now.

The fee is initially $3850 to register with them. That will just put u onto a waiting list of people before you can buy your property. Once you name has been selected you can choose a property of their list and if you buy 1 you need to pay an additional $6600 to them.

They promise that their properties double in value every 3-4 years.

Ok fine. I signed up. Paid an initiall deposit of a $600. After 3 months i became wiser and decided to cancel my registration. So i went to the consultant and said “Please cancel my subscription”.

He said thats fine BUT I LOOSE my $600 if I cancel.

I decided they can have my $600 for payment of wasting their time. The end right.

5-6 Months later I get a call again from PCG saying “We know you cancelled, but how about you setup a joint venture with someone to pay us the remaining $3250 registration fee. I declined, was bit surprised that they still call me after I cancelled and said “No thank you, Not interested with PCG, please cancel my account”. Again the consultant said thats fine but we keep your $600.

I’m thinking “Oh my god yes you can keep my $600. Just cancel my registration and leave me alone.

Another 5-6 months past I get a call from PCG again. This time a new consultant says “We have a special going on this month, although your account is cancelled, we can put u onto the registration list for $1000”. AGAIN i said, no thank you as I have already cancelled my account and dont want anythign to do with you. He sounded a bit upset but fine not my problem. NO means NO. For crying out loud.

Now comes the whamy. About 3 months later yesteday Friday the 25th of JULY, I get a letter from PCG stating:

“NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SUE,
    Take notice: unless the above amount ($3250) is paid within 7 days from this date, legal proceedings will commence against you without further notice. In doing so all associated costs will and interest will be added to you.

We further advices if you dont pay we will forward your details for a default to BayCorp.”

Please contact this no XXXXX to arrange further finance”

WHAT THE %#%$#%%# hell.

AFTER CANCELLING MY ACCOUNT OVER 1 YEAR AGO AND KEEPING MY DEPOSIT THEY WANT TO SUE ME NOW.

PLEASE HELP WHAT CAN I DO. I HAVE A FEELING THEY WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF AMNESIA AND TELL ME “WE dont remember u telling us canceeling your account”

But I havent heared from them for over a year. No notice of an overdue account. No notice of money outstanding. Only 2 phone calls trying to sell me back my registration and thats it.

Please can anyone tell me where I can go to complain. Like is there a Fair Trading organisation apart from ASIC or anyone or anything I can call for help.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

send me an email at [email protected] , spelling out exactly what has happened…

I work at Channel 9 and will forward the email to my friends in A Current Affair (only if you want me to).

Don’t know if it will help but you never know… it’s worked in the past.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of MiloMiloMiloMilo
    @milomilo

Richmond,

Thanks for trying this matter with ‘A Current Affair’. Good luck!
    It might be the only way to expose and eliminate PCG and similar parasites.

Milo

Participant
    @richmond

well I think on the back of ACA’s “rah rah reno kings isn’t this all nice” series on property investing recently, a story covering the dodgy side of PI might cast a more balanced light on the area as a whole.
    r

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Well put Richo.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Vluu 27

Holy shit!

Sounds like you must have entered into a contract. Do you still have a copy of the thing you signed?

I would suggest you speak to a solicitor quick. Also ring up the department of fair trading and ASIC. They are both looking into these sorts of companies and they may be able to help?

Also make contact with ACA, and it wouldn’t hurt to go to 4 corners as well. (They did a story on this sort of thing about a month ago).

And also mention this on the somersoft forum. There are a lot of people there that don’t like this company, and there are a few solicitors as well.

Let us know what happens

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of EvelynEvelyn
    @evelyn

Hi vluu27,

I’m reading your post and thinking omigoodness. [:O] I wish you well in clearing this whole mess up. It’s terrible how organisations start off telling you they’re people oriented & then treat you like a number when something goes wrong. [:(!] I haven’t had any dealings with them & already I don’t like them. Were you able to speak with any of their consultants? Keep us posted & good luck.

Evelyn [:)]

Profile photo of jars11jars11
    @jars11

[:O] I am stunned. Not surprised, but really angry for you. I got that kind of **** on Friday with a market dominant supplier. Meet you at the ACCC, Ill be sitting in reception!

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

vluu28 I would be getting legal advice and a copy of your contract !

I really feel sorry for you and not the company, who appear to me, to take advantage of the deficiencies of trusting human nature.

I went to one of their seminars that was supposed to be free and it was by the look of it. However before they began they requested everyone sign a non disclosure agreement within the space of about 3 minutes. Just trying to understand the legal language was a challenge in itself. It was a real pressure situation in which every other poor sole signed the contract and I bet not one of them understand the full implications of the legal language.

Suffice to say, I had reservations as I did not understand the implications of this agreement and thus did not sign and thus was not able to be present at the into seminar. And it smelt like a dirty low life rat !

Funny as I was leaving the room, I heard the presenter say quite rudely, there is one of the 95% of the population who won’t own an investment property. This remark which I overheard combined with the uncertain wording of this non disclosure agreement, was enough to make it clear in my mind that this group was less than honorable, and in my mind a damn con job !

Jeez I’m glad I did not sign that thing ! I feel for those that did, i.e every other poor sucker in the room. About 10 of them.

This group has it down pat. They get em in the room put the contract on the desk, prepare to begin the seminar within 3 minutes and you can’t stay unless you sign. They start the seminar before they collect all the contracts so that people get captured by he opening lines and thus then feel the need to sign for fear they will miss out on this secret stuff, they pretend they have exclusive knowledge of, that will somehow give you the edge over others.

They even had the hide to phone me up and ask me why I left. I explained why and then they tried to offer me a free personal consultation. I declined.

I guess the lesson is;

1) never sign anything you don’t understand unless you are signing something that your own solicitor has tried to explain and approved for signing in representation of your best interest. I say this because the reality is that we do sign many things that we don’t fully understand. But when it involves the potential transfer of money, always be extra careful.

2) Stay clear of any group that tries to put you on a guilt trip or make you feel inadequate in any way. These are the low down tactics they use to make you feel you need their help to survive.

3) really you dont need them, anyone can do it on their own by reading and researching and asking questions on online forums and via property investment information web sites etc… ask widely from many sources, speaking to independant accountants and conveyencors etc… Allow your self 3 to 6 months to educate yourself about property investment, before acting.

By the way, at the end of all this, I did my own research on the net, and now own 2 investment properties ( so go shove it up that property group ) , both tenanted and in total costing me less than $80 per week after tax effects. I bought in high capital growth areas where if the market hold true to estimates I can expect good CG of around 10% for a few years. At present my $500K of properties, is capitalising over $1000 per week in growth. I’m happy.

I say forget these silly blood sucking scoundrel low life groups all together. Do it on your own. You can do it !

That said there a a few groups that dont behave in this way and if you research about them carfeully and get wide and varied opinion, you may find one that suits your needs. But as I said, you can do it without them !

Go to it ! Have faith in yourself. Give credence to your gut feeling. Get balanced views about your pending property decision and go kick some property group ass ! Suck their blood for knowledge and then use it for your own gain ! not theirs.

And never, never, never sign a damn thing with them !

Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

I thank you all for your replys. I certainly will keep u all posted. Cant do anything till monday. Been heavily stressed about this.

The worse thing i fear is they might put a record on my CRA just to piss me off if i take action which could be a major pain to remove i heard.

Worse thing tho is if they do my cra will be tarnished for no reason and it could make my investment future quite bleak. I have a clean record and something like this is just really heartbreaking.

Heartbreaking to the point that there are people out there that really have no remorse or compassion for other people and just care about how to exploit or take advantage of people to make a quick bug.

Can anyone advise of any other bad dealings they had through PCG. ie Refunds or course cancellation.

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

vluu28,

It would not surprise me if the letter is just an attempt to scare you into paying, If they have used underhanded tactics to get everyone to sign they are unlikely to want to proceed with legal action.

Good Luck.

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi Richmond

Thank you for helping vluu27 out. We don’t need people like this operating in our community. The sooner they are exposed the better!!!

Take care
    Dave [:)][:)]

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hey vluu27

I’m sorry to hear of your predicament.

I suggest that you make a journal of all your dealings with PCG – write down the details of every single meeting and telephone conversation you had with them. Try to remember dates (even if it’s a month if you can’t remember the exact date), names and even times, if possible.

That’ll help you if these people try to take it further.

It seems from their conduct that they may have in fact agreed to release you from the contract, if there was ever one in the first place.

As for your credit record – if they have no reasonable basis for putting an adverse report on your record and they do so, I’d call that defamatory conduct.

they’re probably trying to scare or bully you into paying up. In my view, you need to do something to show them that you’re putting up a fight. Ignoring it isn’t going to make them go away – you’ll just be sending them the message that they can keep hounding you with minimal risk of any consequences for their actions. But bluster and angry words is a waste of time too – it needs to be something effective.

One example is to get a lawyer to write them a nasty letter. However, it’s going to cost money to do so, and if they still keep hounding you, it’ll cost more money to defend any claim by them, and to right any wrongs that they do to you.

Best thing to do is to take up Richmond’s offer – onya Richmond (BTW my sympathy to you for having to work the entire weekend – I missed your Eagles-Hawthorn commentary, unfortunately)

Cheers
    M

Participant
    @richmond

Hi M,

I work every weekend, 52 weekends a year… hence the reason I’m looking for a move within the network to grab back some sort of a life!!

Had to watch 5 games of footy from Fri night to Sun arvo… start to finish! It’s just as well that I like footy…

Cheers
    r

ps vluu… no email from you as yet… the offer’s still there…

Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Richmond,

Thanks very much for your offer. I will send you the email ASAP as I hear from their legal department. I just spoke to their legal representative and he advises that legal proceedings will be suspended until he can investigate this matter until further. He is going to fax me this in writting.

Apparently this legal person has to look at 300+ cases alone. Shows I am not the only person having issues with PCG.

Vluu

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

vluu27

This is a scare tactic, that your experiencing. Unfotunately, this type of company will follow through with their claim.

But just some little advice on the steps that occurr in this type of incident.

The next step that will happen after this letter, (if they don’t recieve payment) is one of two things,
    1st will be sent to a collection agengy,
    2nd Lodged with the courts and you will be served with a summons (where you will have to go to court if the debt is not repaid in 28 days from the summons date.)

Out of these posssibilties
    1st; Collection Agency (depending on the agency they won’t list a default on your CRRA)
    You still disbute the debt, via court,solicitor’s, but best of all- ACA (I bet if you ring the company and tell them you will put them on ACA, they’ll go running)
    2nd- Lodged with the courts (depending on the contract you signed- if you did) You should win this dispute, the judge has to look both sides, and they should follow procedures for filling a claim. For Example – overdue notices,final notices, telephone calls etc..

Only if it goes to court and the company wins, then will they list it on your CRRA, although telephone companies slap them on anyone if your accounts are overdue by 60 days, but in this instant, the company wants their so called money, so they will wait until the last minute to put it on your file.

If they do place it on your file, you still argue the point with Baycorp and the company, if this is noted on your file or you produce a letter from your solicitor, that you are disbuting the default, a few lenders will not take the default into consideration.

I think that your best approach is to call the company ( the manager) and say, if this is not resolved, to my liking, I will take you to ACA- you’ll find that they will probably run and cancell your account as requested- especially if you mention that you have a friend that works at channel nine, just to add a bit more power. (If,Richard doesn’t mind)

I hope this helps

Participant
    @richmond

feel free to say you have a contact at channel 9, vluu…

richmond

Profile photo of mariner31mariner31
    @mariner31

Where I work, we dont list with Baycorp unless we have your full name, DOB & Drivers License number.

Can you remember if you provided those details?

Regards,

Peter.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

If they do list it with Baycorp, there are solicitors that can help you get it removed.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Be careful of PCG.’ is closed to new replies.