All Topics / General Property / Insurance for Specialist Disability Accommodation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of TempoTempo
    Join Date: 2013
    Post Count: 1

    Wondering if anyone has had experience insuring SDA properties. We have 3 attached residential units that are being leased to NDIS participants with SDA funding. We are struggling to find building insurance coverage from traditional insurers providing landlord insurance. Insurers treating as boarding house and not interested. Really only want building insurance not rent recovery etc. They are not strata titled as we have no short term intention of selling individually. Any feedback appreciated.

    Profile photo of BennyBenny
    Join Date: 2002
    Post Count: 1,416

    Hi Tempo,

    I have no direct answer for you, except to say, try an Insurance Broker in your area.  It is their job to know all the “ins and outs” of Insurance, so they should be able to guide your steps in this unfamiliar area.


    Profile photo of shockedthiefshockedthief
    Join Date: 2024
    Post Count: 0

    Hi Tempo,

    Did you manage to find any insurance brokers for your properties? I am looking now and so far have only found the following:


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.