All Topics / Help Needed! / Phone, Internet connection to new property

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ALJOALJO
    Participant
    @aljo

Does anyone in this group have issues connecting phone line and internet to a newly built property. I have subdivided and build two villas, builder put the pipe line up to the boundary to draw the phone cable but no body taking responsibility connecting it to the Telstra phone line pit which is in the middle of footpath. There no NBN so I requested TPG to provide ADSL but they claimed they send technician and activated the service they send the technician again when we complained but technician advised it is incomplete job we have to request for the work again as they not getting paid for doing anything not described on their work request.After a month no progress so decided to go with Telstra but same story, two times technician come to check but did nothing as it was not part of there work it needs civil work that’s all they said, any ideas how to solve it.
    Thanks in advance

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi ALJO,
    That sounds pretty awful. One would hope someone could direct your steps if you talked to a Technical type within Telstra…..

But wait, I hear wireless can be just as quick these days – maybe look at the capability of receiving Internet via a Mobile phone at that place and forget the ADSL altogether. Especially as (once NBN comes along) you will be forced to “give up” the ADSL anyway.

Wireless Mobile could be the answer to BOTH problems. But I am not a techy, so if others can add thoughts for Aljo, please do,

Benny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.