All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling land as House and Land package

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of NoahNoah
    Join Date: 2018
    Post Count: 1

    Hi all,

    I’ve got a vacant hammerhead block I’d like to sell. Been reading around here that the best way to do this would be through a House and Land package. I’ve received some help and contacted a building company to do this for me. They have come back with an agency agreement form that will enable them to advertise my block with a floor plan that they will design. Costs involved are:

    • Statutory searches (which I believe are only payable upon sale of the land):
    • Statutory & Council Searches -> $350
    • Form 1 Service preparation and certification -> $330
    • Fixed Admin fee -> $275
    • No advertisement costs

    Just curious if there is anything I should look out for? And what you guys think about this approach of selling my land? Would love to hear your feedback. Much appreciated.

    Thank you!

    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Noah Noah.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Noah Noah.
    Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Join Date: 2016
    Post Count: 282

    Hey mate,

    Am certain there are a lot of things you should look out for 😉

    It’s definitely one way to go about it.

    A couple of queries come to mind:

    1. What’s the benefit for you to sell H&L vs vacant? Higher price? More demand?
    2. Did you seek legal advice?

    Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    Email Me | Phone Me

    Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.