Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of KeithKeith
    Participant
    @twodogs

Hello can someone give me a quick answer can a landlord ask for a inspection after damage to the wall was found in a previous inspection or as I’ve been told by my agent we have to wait till the next 6 monthly inspection I would like to have the repair confirmed and not wait is this the fact

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Keith Keith.
    Profile photo of Ethan TimorEthan Timor
    Participant
    @ethantimor

Different states have different rules, suggest contacting the governing body in your state (NCAT, QCAT, VCAT etc).

Generally speaking, I would imagine the landlord has a right to make sure damage has been repaired. S/he does have to give notice (in NSW it’s 2 days but in some states it’s longer).

Ethan Timor | Aligned Finance Pty Ltd
    http://www.alignedfinance.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Active Investor & Broker; Based in Northern NSW, servicing Australia wide; Author of '34 Proven Ways to Maximise Your Borrowing Power' (download free from our website)

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Just request the agent ask the tenant to send you a photo, really a 1 minute activity
    If the agent cannot do that. Get a new agent, bet you will have the photo within the hour.
    Your paying the agent to manage your property not have them manage you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.