All Topics / General Property / How do you initiate an offer to purchase a property?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mayamaya
    Participant
    @memine

I’m really interested to know how you put forward offers to purchase a property. I’ve noticed different agents request different methods and wondering if there is a benefit or disadvantage to any method, or if it really doesn’t matter that much.
    I’m keen to hear; Do you Email an offer, use an expression of interest form, request the paperwork from the real estate agent, do what ever the real estate asks or do you use an entirely different method to initiate the offer to buy?

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Maya,
    I am sure this is different state to state. What state are you looking at to buy?

Benny

Profile photo of mayamaya
    Participant
    @memine

Thank you for your reply. I’m currently looking in Qld, but interested in any area of Aus.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

In Qld it is normal to accept an pre-offer letter i.e email with a note of your terms and conditions.

The Selling Agent can discuss this with the Vendor and if agreement is reached those terms can be put in the Contract of Sale.

Fairly standard and the way we make all of our offers for our BA Clients.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi @maya

As Richard has mentioned, an email is pretty normal and accepted. Some agents may try to force you to put your offer in on a contract. Be aware that in doing so you’ve signed a contract without having your solicitor/conveyancer check it first, which could be dicey move for you.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Generally I put it in as an email with the offer form, with all T&C’s completed. I always put in an expiry date (48-72 hours), so it puts pressure on the sales agent to have it reviewed and get back, instead of shopping the offer around to other buyers to see if someone will outbid you.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.