All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice for a first time investor re property in Pimpama

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Curious InvestorCurious Investor
    Participant
    @curiousinvestor

Hi , We’re thinking of investing in Pimpama QLD. We’ve been told it is a good area for potential growth and that there are plans for infrastructure such as a new hospital between Brisbane and Gold Coast as well as a major Westfield shopping centre.On the map it seems there is a train line for public transpire. We’re not from QLD and I don’t know much about the area and as a first time investor was looking for some advice. I would also be interested in the demographic as there is no point in investing if we can’t rent it out or renters can’t pay their rent. We’ve been advised by a company called wealth first who are obviously very positive about this area as an investment but I just wanted any information anyone could share. Thanks

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi CI,
    Do a Search on “Coomera” and check out the threads re that suburb. Pimpama is the next suburb North, and is likely to be treated similarly to Coomera.

There is a HEAP of land around Pimpama, so no scarcity value. And, with the kinds of OTP (Off the Plan) offerings I have been hearing of, there are no bargains there. No infrastructure there to speak of either.

Capital growth? I’m saying “Not likely for some years” if buying OTP. Buying second hand can be quite a different market though. Let’s see what others say…..

Benny

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I can’t believe this suburb has reared its ugly head again.

Do a search on previous posts as it has been running for a while.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of CodieCodie
    Participant
    @codie

I have personally just bought here, in release 3 Gainsborough greens estate. Obviously there is a lot of new builds here & still a lot of land, but with the new approved Westfield due to be finished in 2017 500m down the road im hoping there’s potential.

The estate is built by Mirvac and actually has some strict covenants with full render, block/house sizes, and fencing that make the estate look very decent as opposed to the rest of the area.

I notice these releases are basically selling out within weeks & prices have gone from $199k to 230-240k+. And it’s at stage 4 now.

Property in the estate backed into the golf course have 4 bdrm 270sqm places on 400sqm blocks, marketed for $710-730k. Not selling.

I purchased mine 522sqm corner block, $244k, spent $326k on the turn key build, 296sqm 2 story. Ducted air con, 6kw solar + battery, upgraded flooring & higher quality kitchen, I.e thicker stone benches, waterfall edges, push draws etc.

Not expecting Big CG on a $570k spend but who knows in a few year time..

My 2cents

Codie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.