All Topics / Help Needed! / New Investors – Yale Property Solutions

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of KdbudKdbud
    Participant
    @rahrah

Hi Brett,
    I am new to this forum just a heads up for you and your wife, my partner and I signed up with Yale in April we have had nothing but trouble with refinancing and also buying an investment property, it all sounded very easy and wonderful at the start. We are very disappointed in Yale and I would not recommend them to anybody. I hope this helps with your decision.

Gallickgun
    Participant
    @rahnelloise

I worked for Yale and you do not want to use this company – even if only for the way they treat their staff. If they have no respect for their staff how will they respect you, your right and your desicions?

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/T2OV3PETH8VE0GO2C

There are plenty of other buyer advocate companies out there (I currently work for another one) which are far more qualified, care for their customers and staffs best interests and are not the “high” sales that Yale is.

All the best with investing.

Profile photo of JanelleJanelle
    Participant
    @janellecaroll2013

Hey guys!
    We have just had the property man out from Yale.. We are so unsure..
    We’re feeling rushed.. Are they trustworthy? Why can we not just do this on our own?
    We were meant to email the financial adviser some info and we haven’t, but somehow without anything, they’ve come up with our figures.. A bit suss on that!
    I dunno….. A tad worried here!

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Janelle,
    Sounds like your gut is trying to say something !!! Another popular saying is “If in doubt, don’t…”

If you had no doubts, then you would be feeling quite different about things. Since you are not, ask your gut “Why not?” :p It may simply be that you don’t yet know enough to be SURE. It may have nothing to do with Yale themselves, but simply “YOU are not yet ready for this!”

Give yourself some time to get “easy” about property and investing in it. If someone is trying to rush you, it is not usually to your benefit !!

Benny

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Well Janelle as Benny said and with some of those comments there I would press pause and take a sensible pill. Remember that when firms are marketing new property most often these marketing firms work for DEVELOPERS, not you. You are not the client, you are the patsy. Get independent advice from someone who only gets paid by you.

These forums have a wealth of info, so time spent reading will be time well spent and a good investment free of charge.

Best of luck!

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Participant
    @janellecaroll2013

We have told them we don’t want anything from them. The guy kept pushing “but it’s only $54 a week!!! It’s being built next year so you have a whole year to save.” etc etc… my husband had to get quite animated for him to even listen.
    so no, we’re not going through them. We are doing it our own way With the help of the in-laws.

Participant
    @knightm

We have told them we don’t want anything from them. The guy kept pushing “but it’s only $54 a week!!! It’s being built next year so you have a whole year to save.” etc etc… my husband had to get quite animated for him to even listen.
    so no, we’re not going through them. We are doing it our own way With the help of the in-laws.

If they are pushing you then its a good sign its not the right fit. Good on you for having the guts to choose a different path. As long as your in laws have some property investing experience I would say it will give you a better result!

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of BrettBrett
    Participant
    @brettmc23

Hi Janelle,

In the end, we also pushed pause on the investment property. I was firm from the beginning and to be fair the “Property Coach” was quite open and left it there for now….said he would follow up in 2015, but still no word from him. No idea whether he is no longer there or not, but it seems that they aren’t interested in us any more.

We still went through with being a “member” though and used the financial advisor from their affiliate in Melbourne to refinance our home/consolidated debts which we did want to do anyway. Was happy with that process and no complaints.

The way I look at it; I never hear from them again and I spent $700 to learn a lesson or I hear from them again one day and will know not to be pushed or rushed into any one particular corner and to come in with eyes wide open.

Participant
    @knightm

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Janelle wrote:</div>

Hi Janelle,

In the end, we also pushed pause on the investment property. I was firm from the beginning and to be fair the “Property Coach” was quite open and left it there for now….said he would follow up in 2015, but still no word from him. No idea whether he is no longer there or not, but it seems that they aren’t interested in us any more.

We still went through with being a “member” though and used the financial advisor from their affiliate in Melbourne to refinance our home/consolidated debts which we did want to do anyway. Was happy with that process and no complaints.

The way I look at it; I never hear from them again and I spent $700 to learn a lesson or I hear from them again one day and will know not to be pushed or rushed into any one particular corner and to come in with eyes wide open.

Trust me from the storeys I have heard $700 is a cheap education.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @janellecaroll2013

Yeah, my in laws have two investment properties… My mother in law was a property manager and father in law audits.. So they know a few things.. :) I feel much more comfortable doing this without the help of Yale!!
    They took over from Star Investment and told us they were doing the “right thing” taking on Star’s clients.. I have not read anything good about them besides from when an employee jumped into the reviews!
    Yale’s fee is actually over $2000.. I just wish we had the balls to say to the Star Investment boy that we weren’t really interested to start with!

Profile photo of myjonammyjonam
    Participant
    @myjonam

Keep distance from Yale property solutions. they charge you money and no communication whatsoever after that.

Profile photo of PasterPaster
    Participant
    @watchin11

Stay away from Yale property solutions. They make out they are looking out for your interest but it’s all about selling you a property with figures that don’t stand up. My wife and I got sold a property in an area that they claimed had a growth of 9%, but when we checked other sources the actual growth was less than 1%. Beware the contracts also, they have locked them up tight and won’t allow you to change any part. There are no get out of the sale clauses, so once you have signed there is no turning back. They are there to sell developers properties to unsuspecting clients generally in areas you are unfamiliar with.

We have learnt a hard lesson in property investment which is “don’t believe anything you are told and only half of what you see”. It hasn’t deterred us from investing, but it certainly has me more cautious.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.