All Topics / Help Needed! / Backyard investment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of RezRez
    Participant
    @rezez

Hi all,

I have a question and would appreciate some information/tips from anyone that would be able to help. I currently own an investment property in outer Melbourne on a big block of land in a busy location (directly next door to commercial zone).
    I am thinking of building a small community centre type building in my backyard where people can meet up, play games, eat/drink. I was wondering what type of permit/approvals I would need to build this. Also, directly behind my property is a public carpark (for 100+ cars) and I wanted to know what the process would be to gain an entrance to my centre from this carpark.

Any advice/tips/help on how to go about this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Rez

Profile photo of RezRez
    Participant
    @rezez

Hi all,

Is there anyone that can help me with my situation or provide some advice? Would it be easier to break up the ‘goal’ into smaller steps and then tackle each step from there?

> Do I need to subdivide my land for this building, even if I want it under the same name?
    > Any permits required?
    > How do I gain access to the ‘ticketed’ carpark from my backyard?

Please help!

Thanks,
    Rez

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

The land would have to be zoned for that type of development.

You’d be better speaking to council to see if it’s permitted.
    You’d need appropriate insurance.
    As for the carpark you’d have to get permission from the owner to use it as a thoroughfare. What would be the bnenefit to the carpark owner?

Have you researched as to whether this would be used by locals? First step I think.

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

If you go to your local council website, look there for the usage zoning maps. These will be coloured over areas to show you the usage for your area. The LEP (local Environmental Plan) will then tell you all the things you can and can’t do in that area.

It is quite simple to work it all out by using the maps. Access to the public car park will be the least of your issues.

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.