All Topics / Help Needed! / Line of credit/equity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of grumblepiegrumblepie
    Participant
    @grumblepie

Hi I've got a large portfolio some of my loans are cross securitised and I've used equity to purchase others. Some of the properties LVR are worth double what i owe so i was curious about redrawing some of the money out of one of the loans for another deposit for a new PPOR. I understand you can do it but its hard around tax time. What is a LOC and will it be possible since some of the loans have used equity from the portfolio.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hiya

It's a tough question to answer without knowing how your portfolio is actually structured.

When properties aren't crossed – it's generally a matter of getting a valution carried out on a property and if there's sufficient equity, you can access it.

With crossed collaterised properties – you usually have to get the entire portfolio revalued and if there's sufficient equity, you can access it.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

It might be time to think about sorting out your portfolio's financing. In your position you should have all your properties setup so you are able to access maximum equity with a minimum of admin and time delay.

I would also advise you to consider working on a strategic portfolio plan as part of your over all wealth strategy. A good property investment advisor should be able to help you do all of this. 

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Grumble

Congratulation on building such a portfolio however it sounds like your lending is rather messy.

I built my property portfolio which currently stands at $25M + and 43 properties by carefully planning and structuring my lending.

Bar the shouting we have repaid the entire debt by adopting a couple of strategies which we now adopt when working with our property and finance clients.

Despite what Mark stated a Property Investment adviser cannot provide you with any financial advice unless they are a Licensed Financial Planner.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.