All Topics / Help Needed! / Strategy To Building Our Portfolio

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of MelbInvesterMelbInvester
    Participant
    @melbinvester

HI,

Love it but where can i buy around 500K in Brissy with Positive cash flow?

MI

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi MI,

Quote:
    Love it but where can i buy around 500K in Brissy with Positive cash flow?

2 x $250k IP's should be able to do that. 

Or look outside the square – another post today mentioned "executive renting of apartments" – a huge return if furnished well.  Works in Sydney – but will it work in Brissy too?    That I don't know…..

Benny

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi MI ,my Mentor  got me Positive cash flow deal this year ,

PM me i will get you his contact.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi APWPG

You keep mentioning this wonderful Mentor who found you your property.

Why not post his name as if he so successful in negotiating and coming up with such deals other members may wish to use his services.

I am yet to see a positive cash flow property in Brisbane in the last few months and i look at a lot of property for clients.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of carllarzcarllarz
    Participant
    @carllarz

Surrounding yourself with good people is definitely the key.

Learn from their mistakes, absorb their wisdom :)

Profile photo of tyler_durden76autyler_durden76au
    @tyler_durden76au

Hi All,

Interesting to read every ones opinion in the forum.

I was wondering if there are any experienced investors that have been in the following position and had any investment strategy suggestions.

PPOR paid off

top tax bracket from job income

residential properties to offset some income tax

looking to boost income with CF+ investments (possibily commercial property) but unsure the best way to structure these investments. is it best to keep building portfolio under individuals name and pay high tax on the extra income?, or start a trust or holding company but have other costs that make this structure not so efficient while in the early stages.

Cheers.

Participant
    @qlds007

tyler, Yes i was there about 17 years ago and ended up buying all of my 43 properties in a series of Trusts.

To me the flexibility and Asset protection was more important than the ability to claim short term deductions thru Depreciation etc.

So glad I did as within 5 years the properties became very very positively geared and enabled me over 10 years to pay down $11M of debt to be where i am now.

Course some people need the deductions and i understand that but that is why everybody's strategy is slightly different.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi Tyler, pretty big checklist…..

PPOR – Hell yeah, but I use it to invest and grow. Top tax bracket – not telling you! Residential properties…..yes sir, always looking for the next opportunity inside and outside of super…..

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers, Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of tyler_durden76autyler_durden76au
    @tyler_durden76au

Thanks for the replies Qld007 and Ivan,

Qld007, 43 properties and 11mil is pretty impressive.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    tommytucker wrote:
    Not true catalyst, there is an excemption to that rule for accountants although given the light training they have on everything I would not act on accountants advice unless they have a portfolio themselves. Similar to a financial advisor as well.

The 'accountants' exemption' which allows accountants to provide advice on the establishment of self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF), without the need for an Australian financial services licence (AFS licence) will cease on 1 July 2016.

To replace this exemption, accountants (and other advisers) can apply for a 'limited' AFS licence from 1 July 2013. Those applying for this new limited AFS licence will be able to apply for authorisations to provide financial advice on SMSFs and class of product advice about:

superannuation products

securities

simple managed investment schemes as defined in the Corporations Regulations 2001

general and life insurance, and

basic deposit products.

Included within the definition of 'limited financial services' is the authorisation to arrange to deal in an interest in an SMSF.

Interesting article on whether accountants should or should not give financial advice.

http://www.afr.com/p/asset/should_accountants_give_financial_2eiH44XGhWWeO6PHmngbwJ

Participant
    @qlds007

I think it is about time that Accountants are required to be licensed in order to give the advice the same as i am as a Financial Planner.

I wouldn't expect to have a loophole that allowed be to give Tax / legal advice without the appropriate qualifications.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.