All Topics / Help Needed! / Painting a two storey house

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of RobenRoben
    @roben

Hi everyone, I’m new here so may not have done this properly.
    I want to paint a two storey house.
    Top storey, New- vinyl cladding. Not peeling or powdered, but still good original colour.
    Bottom storey, Old- cement render. With cracks, that I can repair easily.
    My question is, if there is a paint I can use for both? Understand it depends on the prep coat,
    but just want to get out of it with ordering one lot of paint if I could. Any ideas?
    Thanks Ron.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Roben,

I see you have recently joined us – Welcome !! 

Sorry, I can't help with "one paint type", but your post prompted me to ask a couple of questions that may (or may not…) help somewhat.

Quote:
    Top storey, New – vinyl cladding. Not peeling or powdered, but still good original colour.

What I know of as "cladding" is often metal with a kind of colourfast surface (i.e. meaning "never needs painting").  Is that similar with the vinyl?   I don't know the stuff – the fact that it "doesn't need painting" would not preclude the point that it "may be possible to paint it".  I just don't know.  Do you have a local friendly paint shop that can help out?

Maybe try three or four "local paint shops" until you find one who has "been there, done that" or has seen/heard of it happening.  Where a business operates for many years, the owners do collect a lot of "war stories" that might help in your situation.

Can't think of much more than that right now, but good luck with your search,

Benny

Profile photo of freykartsfreykarts
    Participant
    @freykarts

Doing the painting alone could be really exhausting and time consuming. Suggest you can go to a painter and have it done by them, if you have the right amount of budget.

Regards from our team!

Frey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.