All Topics / Help Needed! / 980sqm Land Corner block (flat)

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of AlBoscoAlBosco
    Participant
    @albosco

Breece,

today i chatted with a Town Planner from Knox City council.

She said :

– there are no overlays (good thing).

– single level dwellings more likely to be passed.

– i'd need to prepare a pre-application form ($90) to see if there are any obvious immediate obstacles to any development plans.

– even though there are multi unit developments on street they may have been approved prior to current level of restrictions for approval (she was thinking aloud) and said she would have to look into each approval separately, but was willing to go through it with me.

She talked about Claws55..still have no idea after her brief explanation (strong celtic accent)

Cheers,

Bosco

Profile photo of BreeceBreece
    Participant
    @breece

Gotta love a good Celtic accent Bosco!

Your new Town Planner friend was referring to Clause 55, which is the Victorian Town Planning control which dictates the requirements for multi-unit development.

The planner at Knox raises a good point about precedent. Each site needs to be assessed on its merits, and just because there's several examples of multi-unit development in your part of Wantirna South, doesn't mean you'll get a free ride through Council.

Like I said, you've got a tricky site with some complex Local Policies (Clause 21 and Clause 22).

We're happy to assess what you can and cannot achieve on this site. If you'd like more information, please call Heather or Caroline on (03) 9600 4541 or visit our website and order a Property Development Assessment (PDA). This is the first step in our 7 Step process. We can guide you through from Assessment to Realising the profit in your development.

Good luck with your project, make sure you do your due diligence and feasibility before committing to anything or anyone.

All the best,

Breece

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.