All Topics / Value Adding / brisbanes new draft city plan

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of gus123gus123
    Participant
    @gus123

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone with more knowledge than myself had a chance to look over the new draft city plan for brisbane. I've heard that subdivisions for smaller blocks may be possible and wondered if anyone knows any specifics?

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi 

Have been vigorously plugging away at it and have  quite a lot on my new website about it.

http://www.brisbanecityplan2012.com.au

The lot sizes drop dramatically if you are prepared to do a DA for the dwellings at the same time. Min sizes are

Low Density Residential    300 sqm  & 7.5m frontage.  400sqm & 10m for rear lots

Character Residential        300 sqm & 7.5m frontage or 7.0m frontage with rear vehicle access

Low Medium Density Residential 2 storey area  260 sqm and 7.0m frontage 

Low Medium Density Residential 3 storey area  180 sqm and 6.5m frontage or 6.0m frontage with rear vehicle access. 350 sqm & 10m for rear lots

Darryl

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Also

Duplex Code

Multiunit Dwellings changing from Gross Floor Area to Site Coverage.  Massive increase in number of units that will be allowed under this model.

Eg 1000sqm block in 3 storey zone  –

currently 60% GFA or 600sqm of units not including balconies 

under new plan 45% site coverage.  3 stories plus a garage level (max 1m above natural ground level) allows for 3 x 450sqm or 1350sqm including balconies.

And small non-residential uses code.  allows for up to 250 sqm shops, offices etc on neighbourhood and district roads (not a local street)

regards

Darryl

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

Very interesting. Darryl when will the plan come into effect?

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi Ultra

It is with the State Govt and out for community feedback at present.  Council is being cagey as to dates. Hopefully first half of the year.  I am starting to submit some applications based on the new plan, though I wouldn't be pushing the 180sqm lots as yet.

regards

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I think out of all the states we are likely to see strong capital growth over the next 12 months or so. I have felt for a long time that Brisbane is under valued especially in the inner city areas. Especially with a Pro development government

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I'm quite excited about the new town plan. Change = opportunity! and there's some crackers coming in I believe, will be a while before the best opportunities are widely known and exploited as well.

Regarding Brisbane in general it's hardly surprising that I would be positive about it's prospects but I'm really looking forward to 2013, should be a good year, and interesting, they mostly are!

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

There are definitely some big opportunities.

I just appraised a site a medium density residential site, that will allow 3 times as many units under the new cityplan 2012 as opposed to the old. 3 2 beds to 9 2 beds is a big jump.

What about a 600m LMR site.  Currently 300m2 of gross floor area allowed (excludes balconies)

New plan 540m2 (inc Balconies)  or 2 x 300m2 freehold blocks of land

If it was  60% LMR  Currently 360m2 GFA

New Plan 810m2 (inc balconies) or 3 x 200m2 freehold blocks of land

600m low density lot  Currently nothing

New Plan 2 x 300m2 freehold lots

That is just to name a few.  Possible changes are huge.

As an aside I have upcoming articles on the new City Plan 2012 in API magazine and also Prime Site in the Courier Mail.

Darryl

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

Hi Darryl, let me know how you go with the new application and if they do get approved. Some exciting changes in the near future.

Profile photo of GeddoGeddo
    @geddo

Hi Daryl,

That's great info – Thanks.

Would these new rules apply to all LMR zones and suburbs in the Brisbane City catchment or just specific areas, and are there other considerations like distances to train/bus terminal etc… ?

The areas I'm looking at are Stafford and possibly Albion (A lot more expensive).

Thanks,

Ged.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi Ged

They apply to LMR, MR and HR zones also.  The Council has increased the distance it considers close to transport from 200m to 400m.  Basically what is happening is that LMR is being split into 2 storey zone, 2 and 3 storey mix zone and 3 storey zone.  With the sites within 400m being 3 storey zone.  So whereas at present the jump from 50%GFA to 60%GFA only adds a small amount  eg on 1000m2 site an extra 100m2 (balconies not included in GFA).  Under the new plan 2 storey to 3 storey zone adds an extra 450m2 of site cover (inc balconies).

Also always have a look at the local or neighbourhood plan.  Many identify increases in density in certain areas and these over  ride the city wide zoning.

If you email or PM me an address you are looking at, I will happily give feedback on this forum, with all identify information removed, so that others can have a look also.

regards

D

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of GeddoGeddo
    @geddo

Thanks Daryl.

Hopefully I may need your assistance in the future!

Profile photo of PlicketPlicket
    Participant
    @plicket

Hi Daryl,

I would be interested to know what would be possible now on a 1012sqm block already split into 2 lots within 400m of the Banyo Railway station. It is zoned Low Density and is not in a demolition control zone. Has anything changed for this type of area? Would a duplex be possible on a reconfigured battle axe lot?

Thanks P

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi P

The new local plan encourages the development of higher densities in close proximity to the train station.  It is street dependent, if you PM or email me the address I can have a better look.  Chances are you are looking at being able to do several stories of units or subdivide into substantially smaller blocks of land.  It goes as low as 180sqm in LMR3 . But it really depends on the exact street.

There is a gazetted sub precinct around the Banyo Station which has specific outcomes, however not all streets within 400m of the station are included, some are further away.

Hope that helps or PM me

regards

Darryl

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi P

Unfortunately the property is outside the sub precinct of the neighbourhood plan near the train station that would have allowed 3 storeys.

However, the neighbourhood plan encourages units and townhouses for elderly people and students near centres such as the train station.

My Map measurements show the property to be just inside the 400m walk from the pedestrian entrance of the railway station.

I think you would have good prospects of getting approval under the new City Plan 2012 for any of the following:

Duplexes

2 storey units or town houses

up to 900m2 of building plus semi-basement parking (max 1m above ground level)

The actual area of building may be reduced after assessing the boundary setbacks

Under the existing City Plan 2000 would be much harder but possibly

2 storey units or town houses

Up to 500m2 of gross floor area

You would need to write the application and target the design for either elderly or students.

Hope that helps

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of mbuildingmbuilding
    Participant
    @mbuilding
    Profile photo of JHACJHAC
    @jhac

Sounds like there is going to a massive change in densities in the Brisbane LGA.

Do you think that could put downward pressure on development site prices with the increased supply??

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Not so far.  It is supposed to be quiet this week and I have been hammered.  Great start to the year, hope it keeps going.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I'm doing research into the new possibilities as well, they are going to shift a lot of values and the market will take some time to catch up, there's massive opportunity for the early movers I believe.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Agree with you Andrew.

Sure will be having my Call Option contract updated as i think there will be some excellent buying.

Cheers

Yours in Finance 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.