All Topics / Value Adding / brisbanes new draft city plan

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of JHACJHAC
    @jhac

How do I get a copy of your call option contract. Not that I will be needing it just yet. 

I know Christmas has already passed. Happy to work something out. Cheers. 

Profile photo of jimmy74jimmy74
    @jimmy74

All – please be sure you check if the subdivision you propose is impact by the priority infrastructure plan (PIP).  If it is Council can ask you to dedicate land and works and you really cant do anything about it.  A big problem is that say teh PIP values your land dedication at $50k, but your transport charges are only $10k – Council technically owes you a cheque for $40k.  But that's not actually what happens, they only have to reimburse what they collect over the next 5 years and then that's it!  What if the PIP asks for $150k worth of infrastructure?  same thing but in that case you may need an infrastructure agreement with Council.

I would say most 1 into 2 subdivisions in Brisbane are not really worth the hassle and risk these days given upfront costs unless it meets this criteria:

Not impacted by any PIP network,

Not in a flooded area (river or creeks),

Not in an Overland flow path,

Not in a waterway corridor or wetland area,

No significant veg onsite,

Not on any major road

Free of any easement.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Your list of nots includes most 1 into 2 subdivision sites in Brisbane.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of IxnayeIxnaye
    @ixnaye

I have a house in a LR residential area it has a 20 metre frontage but it is only just over 546sqm, is there any chance I might be able to do a duplex on this site under this new city plan?  Most of the street was double blocks which have already been subdivided into 2 houses on 10m x 40m blocks.

Renae

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi Renae

Extremely unlikely.  Maybe if  a local plan  was in place that increased the density.

regards

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of VivienneBVivienneB
    @vivienneb

I've spent days reading through this information and am still no clearer on how it relates to me. Our block is 920sqm with 14m front, so currently we don't meet the requirements to make a battleaxe. Would we under the new plan? We're across the road from the train line and about a 500m walk from the entrance to the station, but only 300m as the crow flies, much closer to the boundary of the station land, I guess. Are the train station distances in a direct line? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Profile photo of agriff82agriff82
    Participant
    @agriff82

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the Dwelling House Code proposed under the draft new city plan is going to impact the development potential of a >600m LMR block?

Specifically, I would like to know if I would still be able to raise and fill in under an existing house AND add two townhouses at the back of the block? (the block is LMR but is also shown as Dwelling House Character on the draft mapping (http://draftnewcityplanmaps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/)

I have read through the Dwelling House Code but am still none the wiser!

cheers,

Andrew

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Hi

Is it zoned LMR 1, 2, or 3.  

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of agriff82agriff82
    Participant
    @agriff82

Hi Darryl,

It is zoned LMR 2

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.